|“||I lie to people in games sometimes||”|
―5up's channel description
5up (born: October 27, 1999YouTuber known for his collaborative videos and streams revolving around the game Among Us.) is an American gaming
5up was born on October 27, 1999 in the United States to divorced parents. He grew up with his brother, who is two years older than him. 5up used to live in Phoenix, Arizona, until he moved to Las Vegas, Nevada on May 1, 2021 to live closer to his friends.
5up decided not to go to college because he found it unnecessary. He did graphic design (family business) before getting into streaming. His family supports all his decisions as he's already in a position where they believe he would be fine no matter what he does.
5up is white, 5'8" (173 centimetres) tall and weighs about 110 pounds (50 kg). According to his own description, he has dark brown hair, and hazel eyes that seem brown from afar, but if viewed up close they are mostly blue with a hint of green. He, allegedly, bears a resemblance to Troye Sivan, Tom Holland and Timothée Chalamet.
5up started out as a faceless streamer, although there are still some clips from his earlier mafia days. On August 1, 2021, he partially face revealed in preparation for future irl streams, and fully showed himself in a ranking stream of Dutch candies with Fundy on August 17,.Currently, 5up is more willing to do/show up on irl streams rather than streaming games with webcam, but he has expressed plans to set one up.
5up started his YouTube channel on April 21, 2015. However, he uploaded his first video 5 years later on August 31, 2020, titled "5up goes on a killing spree in Among Us!".
He started to upload daily videos of him and his friends playing the game Among Us, which helped him gain over 500k subscribers. 5up has been friends and playing with streamers for years, but he only started streaming in August 2020 because people saw him in other streamers Among Us gameplay, and wanted to see his POV.
5up finds being good in games fun (Among Us included), but he's not competitive in a normal sense. He stated that he clearly tries, but also is clearly messing around. But he can easily play sweaty if needed.
5up often goes for flashy plays and style points but overall, he prefers to have fun (with friends) rather than using any means to win.
He has been playing deception type of games since 13. One of them is Mafia, in which he has 5 years experience in a hyper-competitive environment.
- 5up also said that he used to be:
- in the top 10 of the world in the game Deceit, under the name YES.
- a Challenger in LOL.
He has started streaming several other games, but Among Us is still his main source of Youtube content.
- On "Yeti "OFFICIAL" Among Us Tierlist" 5up placed 3rd place overall. He's now [Nov 8, 2020] at 1st place along with Train in the update list, and still the 1st rated impostor.
- He chose pink (and snowman hat) as his iconic character in Among Us because he thought it'd be fun to dominate the lobby with the most stand out colour.
- Moxy is one of his favorite teammates as impostor.
- He always has a plan and understands his winning conditions, but one of 5up's unique impostor traits is that he's willing to take risks. He likes trying new and original strategies, challenging himself in difficult situations, performing fancy kills and insane lies, etc.
- 5up prioritizes logic over emotion in his arguments.
- His first Among Us tournament [Oct 9, 2020] had a rollover-points system - players carried points from the previous rounds, even though 2 groups played different number of games in round 1. It resulted in him ending at 8th place. However, if they had counted the points of games in final round only, 5up would have won 3rd place.
- In his 2nd Among Us Tournament (Faze) [Oct 20, 2020], he won 2nd place.
- In his 3rd Among Us Tournament (BoomTV) [Nov 6, 2020], he won 3rd place.
- 5up joined Among Us Twitch Rivals (no prize pool) [Nov 9, 2020] and won 4th place. He got the title "5CUP best dead" from the hosts, as he got targeted (killed) early several games in a row.
- 5up joined Among Us Twitch Rivals (Doritos) [Dec 14, 2020] and ended at 5th place. The under-performing impostor games caused 5up to drop to the bottom of the rankings. However, he then proved himself to be an excellent crewmate, which helped him climb back on the chart.
MC Championship is a Minecraft Tournament for YouTubers and streamers run by the Noxcrew, in which 10 teams of four compete in a series of 8 minigames decided by the participants. A point multiplier makes each game worth more as each round passes, incentivizing teams to vote for games they might be bad at early on in the event. In the end, the two teams with the most points face off in a round of ‘Dodgebolt’ to decide the winner of the tournament. This makes it possible for a team to win despite potentially having fewer points than the runner-up.
- MC Championship 1-14: Did not participate.
- MC Championship 15: Team Cyan Creepers. Teamed with Dangthatsalongname, Wisp, and Antfrost. Placed 26th individual and his team placed 7th overall.
- MC Championship 16: Team Aqua Axolotls. Teamed with Tubbo, Fundy, and Antfrost. Placed 27th individual and his team placed 4th overall.
- MC Championship 17: Team Green Geckos. Teamed with Punz, Niachu, and JackManifoldTV. Placed 31st individual and his team placed 9th overall.
- MC Championship 18: Team Blue Banshees. Teamed with PeteZahHutt, KaraCorvus, and PearlescentMoon. Placed 20th individual and his team placed 6th overall.
- MC Championship 19: Did not participate.
- MC Championship 20: Aqua Axolotls. Teamed with HBomb94, GeminiTay, and Antfrost. Placed 8th individual and his team placed 2nd overall, but won the tournament by winning Dodgebolt.
- When he was four years old, he created the alias "5up" while playing Tactics Arena. He saw someone with a similar name and just changed the number.
- The alias is not related to the soft drink "7 Up" or the slang word "sup".
- He is interested in food, art, fashion, and traveling, all of which are pursued by his own saving (from his graphic design projects, now streaming).
- He used to draw but hasn't practiced for years. 5up intends to build his fan community to be a home for artists.
- He has traveled to many places around the world. He plans to move to Copenhagen (Denmark), or another European country.
- 5up stated that cooking is one of his hobbies. He often talks about recipes, food places and cooking tips as well as gives opinions about food in the stream.
- He claimed that romaine lettuce is good in dishes if it's slightly charred. As he said that, the chat was freaking out because they thought he was talking about cabbage instead of lettuce.
- 5up once ended a stream because his backyard caught on fire (VOD's deleted).
- His MBTI type is INTP (confirmed on stream)
- 5up doesn't wear accessories very often, but he has a star ruby ring. He also has said he think his ring size is 8,5.
- He doesn't know how to drive or ride a bike.
- 5up said that he was a rebel during school time because he didn't agree with the American education system.
- His father's grandfather was a (well-known) jeweler.
- 5up did martial arts and reached brown belt, but stopped because he didn’t like fighting people.
- He prefers cold weather and enjoys wearing scarves/sweaters.
- Color: burgundy
- Bird: Kiwi
- Season: Autumn
- Movie: Spirited Away
- TV shows: Adventure Time and Avatar
- Ice cream flavor: mint chocolate chip
- Artist: Dr. Seuss
- Tea: Pearl Jasmine, Quince tea (Kvæde) from Denmark
- Sorry for the interruption, but recently I realized a large percentage of my viewers aren't actually subscribed. I know there's a good portion of you guys that are, but if you enjoy the content and wanna see more of it, it'd help me a lot if you could just check.
- I almost just vented. I'm not gonna lie, chat, I almost just vented. That was almost so bad…
- That was not targeted, that was because it's Hafu, ok, hold on... Freudian slip.
- Goodbye Ellum ~ ~ ~
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1,000 subscribers: September 4, 2020
- 2,000 subscribers: September 7, 2020
- 3,000 subscribers: September 9, 2020
- 4,000 subscribers: September 10, 2020
- 5,000 subscribers: September 10, 2020
- 6,000 subscribers: September 11, 2020
- 7,000 subscribers: September 11, 2020
- 8,000 subscribers: September 11, 2020
- 9,000 subscribers: September 11, 2020
- 10,000 subscribers: September 11, 2020
- 20,000 subscribers: September 13, 2020
- 30,000 subscribers: September 14, 2020
- 40,000 subscribers: September 14, 2020
- 50,000 subscribers: September 15, 2020
- 60,000 subscribers: September 16, 2020
- 70,000 subscribers: September 17, 2020
- 80,000 subscribers: September 17, 2020
- 90,000 subscribers: September 19, 2020
- 100,000 subscribers: September 19, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: October 2, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: October 19, 2020
- 400,000 subscribers: November 9, 2020
- 500,000 subscribers: November 28, 2020
- 600,000 subscribers: January 4, 2021
- 700,000 subscribers: April 18, 2021
Video view milestones
- 100,000 views: September 10, 2020
- 200,000 views: September 11, 2020
- 400,000 views: September 12, 2020
- 900,000 views: September 13, 2020
- 1 million views: September 14, 2020
- 2 million views: September 15, 2020
- 3 million views: September 16, 2020
- 4 million views: September 17, 2020
- 5 million views: September 19, 2020
- 6 million views: September 20, 2020
- 7 million views: September 21, 2020
- 8 million views: September 22, 2020
- 9 million views: September 23, 2020
- 10 million views: September 24, 2020
- 15 million views: October 2, 2020
- 20 million views: October 9, 2020
- 25 million views: October 13, 2020
- 30 million views: October 18, 2020
- 40 million views: November 1, 2020
- 50 million views: November 14, 2020
- 100 million views: February 3, 2021