|“||I lie to people in games sometimes||”|
―5up's channel description
5up was born on October 27, 1999 in the United States to divorced Caucasian parents. He grew up with his brother, who's two years older. 5up currently lives in Arizona with his friends.
5up is 5'8" (173 centimetres) tall and weighs about 110 pounds (50 kg). According to his own description, he has "near-black" dark brown hair, and hazel eyes that seem brown from afar, but if viewed up close they are mostly blue with a hint of green. He, allegedly, bears a resemblance to Troye Sivan, Tom Holland and Timothée Chalamet.
Despite being confident with his look (already available online), 5up still likes to maintain his current privacy and has no plans to do a specific face reveal for his channel. However, he also stated that he's not opposed to appear on cam with other streamers, and it will eventually happen because he wants to do cooking stream in the future.
5up has a female dog named Suji/Sugi. He also has three cats, one of them named Leia. His cats currently live with his father.
5up started his YouTube channel on April 21, 2015. However, he uploaded his first video 5 years later on August 31, 2020, titled "5up goes on a killing spree in Among Us!".
He started to upload daily videos of him and his friends playing the game Among Us, which helped him gain over 500k subscribers. 5up has been friends and playing with streamers for years, but he only started streaming in August 2020 because people saw him in other streamers Among Us gameplay, and wanted to see his POV.
5up finds being good in games fun (Among Us included), but he's not competitive in a normal sense. He stated that he clearly tries, but also is clearly messing around. But he can easily play sweaty if needed.
5up often goes for flashy plays and style points but overall, he prefers to have fun (with friends) rather than using any means to win.
- He has been playing deception type of games since 13. One of them is Mafia, in which he has 5 years experience in a hyper-competitive environment.
- 5up also said that he used to be:
- in the top 10 of the world in the game Deceit, under the name YES.
- a Challenger in LOL.
- a scammer in Runescape.
- He has started streaming several other games, but Among Us is still his main source of content for now.
- On "Yeti "OFFICIAL" Among Us Tierlist" 5up placed 3rd place overall. He's now [Nov 8, 2020] at 1st place along with Train in the update list, and still the 1st rated impostor.
- He chose pink (and snowman hat) as his iconic character in Among Us because he thought it'd be fun to dominate the lobby with the most stand out colour.
- Moxy is one of his favorite teammates as impostor.
- He always has a plan and understands his winning conditions, but one of 5up's unique impostor traits is that he's willing to take risks. With the confidence in his skill level, he likes trying new and original strategies, challenging himself in difficult situations, performing fancy kills and insane lies, etc.
- 5up prioritizes logic over emotion in his arguments.
- His first Among Us tournament [Oct 9, 2020] had a rollover-points system - players carried points from the previous rounds, even though 2 groups played different number of games in round 1. It resulted in him ending at 8th place. However, if they had counted the points of games in final round only, 5up would have won 3rd place.
- In his 2nd Among Us Tournament (Faze) [Oct 20, 2020], he won 2nd place.
- In his 3rd Among Us Tournament (BoomTV) [Nov 6, 2020], he won 3rd place.
- 5up joined Among Us Twitch Rivals (no prize pool) [Nov 9, 2020] and won 4th place. He got the title "5CUP best dead" from the hosts, as he got targeted (killed) early several games in a row.
- 5up joined Among Us Twitch Rivals (Doritos) [Dec 14, 2020] and ended at 5th place. The under-performing impostor games caused 5up to drop to the bottom of the rankings. However, he then proved himself to be an excellent crewmate, which helped him climb back on the chart.
- When he was four years old, he created the alias "5up" while playing online Wizard's Chess.
- The alias "5up" is not related to the soft drink "7 Up" or the slang word "sup".
- He is interested in food, art, fashion, and travelling, all of which are pursued by his own saving (from his graphic design projects, now streaming).
- He used to draw but hasn't practiced for years. 5up intends to build his fan community to be a place for artists.
- He has been to many places around the world by himself and with friends. He plans to move to Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 5up stated that cooking is one of his hobbies. He also seems to be good at it, as he often talks about recipes and cooking tips in the stream.
- He claimed that romaine lettuce is good in dishes if its slightly charred. As he said that, the chat was freaking out because they thought he was talking about cabbage instead of lettuce.
- He prefers cold weather and enjoys wearing scarves and sweaters.
- He once ended a stream because his backyard caught on fire.
- His favorite color is burgundy.
- His favorite bird is the kiwi.
- His favorite season is autumn.
- His favorite movie is Spirited Away.
- His favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip.
- Sorry for the interruption, but recently I realized a large percentage of my viewers aren't actually subscribed. I know there's a good portion of you guys that are, but if you enjoy the content and wanna see more of it, it'd help me a lot if you could just check.
- I almost just vented. I'm not gonna lie, chat, I almost just vented. That was almost so bad…
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1,000 subscribers: September 5, 2020
- 5,000 subscribers: September 11, 2020
- 10,000 subscribers: September 12, 2020
- 20,000 subscribers: September 14, 2020
- 30,000 subscribers: September 15, 2020
- 40,000 subscribers: September 15, 2020
- 50,000 subscribers: September 16, 2020
- 60,000 subscribers: September 17, 2020
- 70,000 subscribers: September 18, 2020
- 80,000 subscribers: September 18, 2020
- 90,000 subscribers: September 20, 2020
- 100,000 subscribers: September 20, 2020
- 150,000 subscribers: September 24, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: October 3, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: October 20, 2020
- 400,000 subscribers: November 10, 2020
- 500,000 subscribers: November 29, 2020
- 600,000 subscribers: January 5, 2021
Video view milestones
- 100,000 views: September 10, 2020
- 200,000 views: September 11, 2020
- 400,000 views: September 12, 2020
- 900,000 views: September 13, 2020
- 1 million views: September 14, 2020
- 2 million views: September 15, 2020
- 3 million views: September 16, 2020
- 4 million views: September 17, 2020
- 5 million views: September 19, 2020
- 6 million views: September 20, 2020
- 7 million views: September 21, 2020
- 8 million views: September 22, 2020
- 9 million views: September 23, 2020
- 10 million views: September 24, 2020
- 15 million views: October 2, 2020
- 20 million views: October 9, 2020
- 25 million views: October 13, 2020
- 30 million views: October 18, 2020
- 40 million views: November 1, 2020
- 50 million views: November 14, 2020