Christopher Broad (born: April 21, 1990), better known online as Abroad in Japan, is an English blogger and vlogger whose content relates to his lifestyle and work while living in Japan.
Chris was born in the UK and graduated from University of Kent. He later moved to Japan as an English teacher in August 2012 on the Jet Programme and began making videos in the same year.
When Chris originally applied to the JET programme he asked to live in Kobe or Hyogo prefecture because he didn't know a lot about Japan, apart from that they had good beef. He was placed, however, in Yamagata prefecture. He has since moved to Sendai, Miyagi prefecture.
Chris uploaded his first video on YouTube named "My Japanese Apartment and Arriving in Japan" on 2012 but the video was taken down after it received a copyright strike from a music company in 2018. Later in the same year Chris began uploading videos showcasing Japan to the outside world.
Most of Chris' videos are documentaries of him visiting different locations of Japan, often featuring two of his friends, Natsuki and Ryotaro. Visits include Hot Springs, Mountains, Ski resorts etc.
He is currently doing a 2000 kilometer cycle-trip across Japan and uploading vlogs daily.
In 2018, Chris started a podcast on Radio Stakhanov. Co-hosted with Pete Donaldson, Top London Radio DJ™ and certified Japanophile. New episodes every Wednesday.
- His channel name is a double pun on his family name "Broad" and "being abroad in a different country".
- He did a TEDx talk at Tohoku University.
- He received recognition for his video following the North Korean missile launch over Japan.
- He was interviewed on Japanese national television after Logan Paul's controversial visit.
- He was on Robot Wars, a UK television show, with his dad.
- He had his channel featured by the BBC, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, Huffington Post, Japan Rocket News 24.
- He did 3 food challenge with his friend Natsuki, and currently has a 0:3 record.
- 1 million subscribers: August 23, 2018
This page was created by Waynejoker251 on October 21, 2018.