Alec Shane Benjamin (born: May 28, 1994) is an American indie musician from Phoenix, Arizona.
Alec's first song was released in 2012, called "Together We'll Fall". From there on, he went on self funded tours in London and Hamburg. He hit fame with his song 'Let me down slowly', released on June 5 2018, that got over 3.7M Likes and 2.4 Billion views. The attention caused people to check out his other songs which brought him to even more fame. Alec used his newfound success to promote his music and livestream himself practicing and singing, to the point that now most of his content is streaming.
In the past, he promoted his music by performing in parking lots outside of concert venues. He was also signed onto Colombia records despite being a college student at the time. In 2020, he announced that he was going to tour around the world, but due to unknown reasons, the dates were pulled and rescheduled.
He was born in Phoenix, Arizona, but lived shortly in Long Island, New York, before moving back. He suffers from social anxiety disorder (SAD).
- 1 million subscribers: March 13, 2019
- 2 million subscribers: December 6, 2019
- 3 million subscribers: August 28, 2020
- His 2018 breakthrough single "Let Me Down Slowly" reached the top 40 in over 25 countries and it has amassed over 680 million streams as of October 2020.
- His song "If we have each other" was written for his sister.