Altrive (birthday: August 15), also called Dash, Dashell, or Dakota by his friends, is an American YouTuber best known for his comedic commentary videos. He classifies himself as a "Gaming YouTuber", even though he hasn't posted a single gaming video. All three of his videos are part of his Garbage Analysis series. He started uploading three years after he made his channel. His twitch channel, however, is much more active. He is also in videos with many other people such as CallMeCarson, Traves, and Cscoop. He was one of the original members on CallMeCarson's Minecraft SMP, SMPLive. His most well known build on that server is when He and Krinios built the village from CaptainSparklez Minecraft music video "Fallen Kingdom". In 2021, Altrive and his girlfriend moved from Oregon to LA to be closer to his friends.
Altrive's main channel was inactive from August 2019 through September 2021, when he uploaded a short update video that also acted as his official face reveal, although he had appeared in other videos and instagram posts since 2018. In the video he mentions how from then on, there will be more IRL content that will be edited by himself.
MoonlitHunter is not a channel run by Altrive, but in fact the channel of his brother.
In 2020, Altrive and his friends, Jawsh, ConnorEatsPants, JoSniffy (and later Coney in 2021), started a twitch group called "Awesome". Altrive had made Merchandise for Team Awesome, including mugs and shirts that have "I am Team Awesome" written on it Microsoft Paint, as well as a mousepad of the same style that reads "Gameing Mousepad".
Altrive's Garbage Analysis videos are based around taking random ideas and putting them into YouTube. In his first video, Kirby With A Gun, he explains why he thinks the pink video game character should be equipped with a firearm. He has also talked about Krillin's sensory abilities, and why Barboach is the strongest Pokémon.
Kirby With A Gun
In Altrive's first video, he explains why he thinks his favorite pink video game character should be holding a gun. He brings up many points, such as the fact that Kirby has many more powerful weapons, such as a disintegrating UFO. He also shows a deleted scene from the anime where Kirby destroys the Police Department with an SMG.
Let's Talk About Krillin's Nose
In this video, Altrive talks about the new Dragonball FighterZ video game, and how Krillin has no sense of smell. He also collaborates with CallMeCarson in the video, who plays as Goku. He explains that even though Krillin has no nose, he has idiosyncratic behaviors, and can breathe through his skin.
The Strongest Pokémon Period
In this video, Altrive explains why Barboach, above all others, is the strongest Pokémon. He bring up many reasons for this opinion, such as Pokedex entries. One explaining that Barboach is so slimy, it can wiggle away from any attacker. At the end he also says Whiscash is a total downgrade from Barboach.
A 2nd channel, called Altrive Plus was created on March 27, 2020 and the channel's first video was released on the same day. The channel consists of videos that are edited Twitch VODs from Altrive's Twitch streams. In late 2020, the channel gained popularity from Among Us videos, with all of them, as of December 2020, having over 100k views. This would lead to the 2nd channel overtaking the main channel in Subscribers. Many YouTubers, most of whom Altrive has befriended are featured in these videos, including Alpharad, Jaiden Animations, RubberNinja, Failboat, OctolingHacker, Egoraptor, Weegee The God, Aaronitmar, Drumsy, Desbug, and Anthpo among many others.
- 1,000 subscribers: May 4, 2018
- 2,000 subscribers: July 21, 2018
- 3,000 subscribers: September 12, 2018
- 4,000 subscribers: November 8, 2018
- 5,000 subscribers: December 13, 2018
- 6,000 subscribers: December 31, 2018
- 7,000 subscribers: January 22, 2019
- 8,000 subscribers: February 24, 2019
- 9,000 subscribers: March 22, 2019
- 10,000 subscribers: April 13, 2019
- 11,000 subscribers: April 19, 2019
- 12,000 subscribers: May 18, 2019
- 13,000 subscribers: June 5, 2019
- 14,000 subscribers: June 22, 2019
- 15,000 subscribers: July 4, 2019
- 16,000 subscribers: July 14, 2019
- 17,000 subscribers: July 18, 2019
- 18,000 subscribers: July 22, 2019
- 19,000 subscribers: July 30, 2019
- 20,000 subscribers: August 24, 2019
- 50,000 subscribers: December 3, 2020
- 5,000 - August 19, 2020
- 10,000 - October 1, 2020
- 50,000 - October 20, 2020
- 100,000 - December 3, 2020
- 1,000 - November 20, 2020
- 5,000 - December 10, 2020
- 10,000 - February 1, 2021
- 1,000 - November 20, 2020
- 10,000 - December 26, 2020