|“||Stay awesome, Gotham.||”|
Anna first started uploading videos in 2011.
On her channel, Anna has a fondness for using clones, prop guns, and cats. While the majority of her videos feature a comedy sketch, Anna also speaks about things that are important to her. One of her most popular videos, "How to put on your face", is a parody of typical make-up tutorials where Anna expresses the importance of self-acceptance. Anna is also very vocal about her sister's suicide and mental health issues. In 2013, she uploaded a video called "please don't kill yourself" where she talks about the aftermath of her sister's suicide.
In 2014, Anna attempted to professionally produce 12 short films. She was only able to complete six of the films and has since continued to write and direct several other sort films. They are: (in order of release)
Anna has also write and/or starred in other short films produced by other YouTube stars. These films include the web series the web series Riley Rewind (produced by ex-boyfriend and fellow YouTuber Ray William Johnson) and the short Grrl Scouts.
Vlogs/Behind the Scenes
Anna has uploaded several "Behind the Scenes" videos about the short film process. These generally explain things like the budget, where the short was filmed, and how it was pieced together. User BarnyardFX has worked on several of Anna's short films also to post videos from his work on the shorts.
Anna also has done three vlog type videos on her channel. They are:: "Suicide jokes, meeting fans, & tweeting twelve thousand kids", "I'm a wrestler, a cat hustler, & on the radio", and "New apartment, aliens, & performing".
Anna teamed up with Go90 to produce and release the webseries, Miss 2059, after the series was picked up after the Miss Earth pilot. Anna plays main character, Victoria Young, the beauty queen sister to intergalactic hero, Arden Young. When the two are mistakenly switched, with Victoria being forced to compete in the tournament, chaos ensue. The series is being exclusively released on the Go90 app. It was released on June 21st, 2016 with the first episode being about seven minutes long.
Anna currently lives in Los Angeles, but she grew up in a military family and moved every couple of years. In 2007, Anna lost her younger sister to suicide. She turned to comedy as a way to both overcome her grief and make others laugh. At the age of 19, Anna started performing stand-up comedy. A couple years later in 2011 she started her channel after becoming to anxious to perform stand-up. Anna has since resumed performing live.
In 2014, Anna started the comedy music duo Cat Benatar with friend and fellow YouTuber Megan Rosati. Anna has also started hosting a podcast with fellow YouTuber and comedian Brad Gage called Explain Things to Me. Anna was previously in a relationship with fellow YouTuber, Ray William Johnson, before the two broke up in 2014. Anna began dating fellow comedian, Brad Gage, in 2014.
- 1 million subscribers: August 5, 2014
- 2 million subscribers: February 10, 2018
- Anna has four cats named Congress, Lily, Abby, and Beetle. Her fifth cat, Ghost, had ran away and is still currently missing.
- According to her IMDB, Anna is 5'3" or 1.6m.
- Anna can speak Japanese, Spanish, and English.
- Anna's ethnicity is part Japanese, Filipino, Hawaiian, Irish, German, Spanish, French, and English.
- Anna was on two episodes of ABC's the Fosters.
- She worked extensively with Kaja Martin, Will Akana, and Megan Rosati.
- She does aerial silks, pole dancing and aerial hoop tricks.
- She appeared in the films Ant-Man and Kids vs Monsters in 2015.
- Anna started her own clothing line, Ghost & Stars, in 2015.
- She is also a voice actress, and has voiced characters like Sasha from Amphibia