|“||Hey there friends, how's it going? My name is Kevin...||”|
Kevin O'Reilly (born: November 10, 1993YouTuber who does variety gaming videos. He currently resides in Spain.), better known online as Call Me Kevin, is an Irish
Kevin was born on November 10, 1993, and currently lives in Spain. He previously lived in Midleton, Ireland, and once lived in Scotland for a year. He moved to Spain in July 2021.
In his Draw My Life video, Kevin described his childhood as him "doing what [he] does now, except [he] talked less". He mentioned having a sister, whom he looked "oddly similar" to in his childhood years. He explained how he was vomiting blood at one point, which caused him to miss a lot of school. While dealing with his stomach issues, he also experienced pain in his ear canal, noting that loud noises would hurt his ears.
These two problems combined meant that he missed almost a year of school. Kevin moved to high school eventually, and described himself as a "B to C student", adding that he didn't really apply much effort into his work. Following some exams during his third year, his stomach problems amplified and became much worse, causing him to miss more time from school.
During his absence from school, he played a lot of Xbox and discovered the gameplay side of YouTube around 2008, when gameplay channels weren't as common. He bought a capture card and created his first YouTube video on the channel called "zXNoRegretzzXz", which has since been renamed "The Old CallMeKevin Channel". He recalled the video being a simple clip of a trickshot in a game like Call of Duty.
He moved on to making skits and eventually received an offer from Machinima to make videos for them, which he accepted. The promise of payment for his videos caused Kevin's parents to think he was being scammed, though he got his way after he apparently whined quite a bit. During his time making videos for Machinima, he created the "How to Annoy" series, which gave him a lot of money and recognition online, even in the present day.
After considerable time away from school, Kevin tried to go back, though his stomach issues persisted and he had to go home that same day. Doctors eventually discovered that Kevin had ulcers forming in his stomach due to stress and anxiety, which was the chief cause of the pain. After talking to his parents, he decided for the sake of his health to drop out of school in 2009, when he was 16. He moved to Scotland when he was 18 and lived there for a year, which he described as "an unhappy year" because he became a shut-in and didn't socialize much. He returned to Ireland, after which his work ethic fell apart and he quit YouTube for a period of time.
During his hiatus from YouTube, Kevin became the owner of a retail store called CeX, a company that specializes in second-hand electronic goods, and owned it for about 3 years. In 2016, Kevin was hit by a vehicle after seeing Batman vs Superman at the local cinema. His awkward landing after being struck caused injuries and ailments that affect him to this day. He returned to work after the accident, but found that his injuries were preventing his ability to do his job.
The increased staff costs at the shop to compensate for Kevin's inability to work, his medical bills, and the assailant not admitting fault for the accident led to the shop not being profitable for himself. He came to the decision to sell the store, since his injuries were causing problems at work and he had opted not to get surgery for his shoulder upon receiving conflicting advice about the pros and cons of surgery.
Kevin returned to YouTube for fun in late 2016 with his new channel, "CallMeKevin", bringing over almost 8,000 subscribers from his old channel. He experienced slow growth on his channel for a while (for example, he'd get 30 subs one day and 6 subs the next), though his channel skyrocketed after an Ouya video he made went viral. He soon began doing YouTube full time, as he is now and hit a million subscribers in 2017. This led to him getting recommended by YouTube and his growth on the platform becoming more steady. In March 2019, Kevin hit 2 million subscribers, a substantial number.
On May 3, 2021, he uploaded a video in which he explained that he had recently required a minor foot surgery and would therefore become somewhat inconsistent in uploading whilst he recovered.
For more information, see the CallMeKevin wiki.
Jim Pickens, otherwise known as the Dear Leader, Our Lord, and Saviour, or even Jim Reaper is a character that has frequently appeared throughout Kevin's YouTube career. Jim first appeared on Kevin's old YouTube channel during the series 'Adventures in San Andreas' beginning on the 14th of August, 2011 (a series that is now private). However, he is most well-known for being featured in The Sims series.
Grognak The Destroyer
Grognak The Destroyer, Attorney at Law, Esquire, M.D. (also known as Grognak the Destroyer, Serial Killer, and even Red Glasses Man) is another character that has frequently appeared throughout Kevin's videos. Grognak is also the character that Kevin roleplays as on the server NoPixel.
The idea of the character came from a comic book called Grognak the Barbarian. The comic was gifted to the main protagonist of Fallout 3 on their 10th birthday, in the game's introduction. This was stated by Kevin in his Fallout 3 but it's 2018 video: "Yeah, the name 'Grognak' like came from a-a meme thing that I saw online, and actually got the name wrong on when I was remembering it, and I guess I subconsciously remembered it from this game, 'cause people pointed out afterwards, and I'm like 'Oh, there was a Grognak!'" The comic can also be found on the kitchen table in the house of the Fallout 4 protagonist.
- "Hey there friends, how's it going, my name is Kevin..."
- "Hey there friends, how's it going, my name is Kevin and today we're doing something a little different."
- "More like Bore: Ragnarok" (one of the oldest jokes on Kevin's channel, originating from Comedy Night)
- "Oof!" (after putting on his headphones)
- "The mariachi band is calling in an airstrike!"
- "I hate soup."
- "Yummy yummy let's destroy religion."
- "And that's how I/we found, a way out."
- "I got a good job, I look good, who wants my sperm?"
- "This is America. I can sue anyone."
- "Porn mathematics."
- "I will hunt you to the end of the Earth. And I'm not a good shot, but by God am I annoying."
- “Shit, I’m gonna charge you for that anyway cause you were the last one to touch it. That’s the retail code of law."
- "Jesus, you’re gonna be an obese computer."
- "I only have a few contagious diseases."
- ”Who do you think I am? A good person?”
- "A Priest! Kid run, you're in danger!"
- "Yes! YES! Charity gets nothing! Good job, Kevin! You're doing great! Take that, charity!"
- "Alright I'm 8, I think it's time I start getting into crime, that's old enough."
- “Alright you gambling addict grandma.”
- "I've never met a computer with a lisp before, you're one of a kind."
- "WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME? THIS IS CLEARLY AN ACT OF GOD!"
- "Pollution is the solution."
- "Those boats are for self-defense, by the way. I know it sounds stupid, but it works. Just check the comments. Everyone says I'm a military genius."
- "The child died, that's kind of neat."
- "Ahjedoortah- I almost made a word there."
- "Even I'd follow a carrot on a stick."
- "Adios! That's means goodbye by the way, my Spanish is getting really good. Or at least good enough to abandon a child"
- "Why is it hard to be healthy"
- "Suck on this, Willy. That's why commas are important"
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: August 9, 2018
- 2 million subscribers: July 18, 2019
- 3 million subscribers: June 19, 2022
- Kevin can play the ukulele and once sang "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash on a server in Sea of Thieves.
- "Ring of Fire" is a recurrent joke on Kevin's channel. He has referenced it in multiple videos, and also sung it on Twitch Sings before it was closed.
- Kevin's least favorite food is soup.
- Kevin does not like movies very much and is not into Star Wars.
- His parents were actually very supportive of him and his career choices, despite what Kevin says.
- He wrote the critically acclaimed CrappyPasta "The Supermarket Monster". According to him, it was one of the highest-rated stories before the website got taken down.
- He replaces the word "fuck" as "feck" instead to be more child friendly. Which is very notable when he swears.