Caramella Girls is a Swedish girl group YouTuber consisting of three girls: Vera, Mindy, and Nadine. The group name is distinctive from the original Swedish music group called Caramell, which was formed in 1998 until 2002.
The trio is very known to achieve its vast popularity of their single "Caramelldansen " (which was taken from the original Caramell group), particularly an English-language Version, where it had achieved over 37 million YouTube views since it's release on September 17, 2008. However, this song, including Caramell's original song, became popular dating back in late 2002 and early 2003, including the second half of 2006, before Caramella Girls made an appearance on YouTube.
The members were in an anime-kawaii style from 2008 until 2012, when their appearances have noticeably changed to youngster teenage-like versions.
According to their bio on Spotify, their mission is "to spread love and positive energy around the world". On February 22, 2020, Caramella Girls released their album "Sweet Decade".
- Supergott (Speedy Mixes) (2008)
- Sweet Decade (2020)
- Caramelladansen (English, German, Japanese, Swedish) (2008 & 2009) [originally released by Caramell in 2001]
- Boogie Bam Dance (English, German, Spanish) (2011) [first official single]
- We Love To Party (2013)
- Get The Gold (2013)
- Tokyo (2014)
- Candy Girl (2015)
- Cheerleaders (2016)
- Holiday (2017)
- Merry Christmas (2017)
- Saw You Standin’ There (2018)
- Caramelldansen [English, Japanese, Swedish] (2018 & 2020)
- Ohh Aah Just A Little Bit (2018)
- 100K MegaMix (2018)
- How Can You Say Goodbye (2019)
- Lollipop (2019)
- Wish Upon A Star (2019)
- The group title was from the original Bubblegum, Eurodance music group from Sweden, Caramell(1998-2002) who made their breakout single "Caramelldansen" which triggered internet popularity due to the usage in Japanese anime-like dance videos, including the song being placed in an adult visual novel series Popotan (which was released in CD-ROM on Microsoft Windows on December 13, 2002) by several fans, and their creation of Caramella Girls.
- Caramelldansen became an internet meme beginning in the second half of 2006 before Caramella Girls made a debut.
- In March 2019, a TikTok video posted by @ZombieKisses titled "Caramelldansen Lights ", became a popular internet meme and has since been reuploaded by several TikTok users throughout 2019. During the COVID-19 pandemic, that meme has since been posted across Twitter, and recently on YouTube.
- Candy Girl (released in 2015) refers to a parody version of Aqua's Barbie Girl.
- Caramelldansen & Boogie Bam Dance are the only singles uploaded in Caramella Girls' YT Channel (as of 2020) to have several different language versions, this also included the re-release of Caramelldansen in 2018 & 2020.
This page was created on March 17, 2020 by DavidRGD.