Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar (born: October 11, 1992), better known by her stage name Cardi B, is an American rapper, songwriter and television personality. Born and raised in The Bronx, New York City, she became an Internet celebrity after several of her posts and videos went viral on Vine and Instagram. From 2015 to 2017, she appeared as a regular cast member on the VH1 reality television series Love & Hip Hop: New York to follow her music aspirations and released two mixtapes—Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.
Cardi B has since earned three number-one singles on the Billboard Hot 100; "Bodak Yellow" made her the second female rapper to top the chart with a solo output—following Lauryn Hill in 1998, "I Like It" made her the only female rapper to attain multiple number-one songs on the chart, and her Maroon 5collaboration "Girls Like You" made her the sixth female artist to achieve three number-one singles on the chart during the 2010s. Her debut studio album, Invasion of Privacy (2018), on which the former two songs are included, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, broke several streaming records and was certified triple platinum by the RIAA. Critically acclaimed, the album won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album, making Cardi B the only woman to win the award as a solo artist. Also in 2018, Time included her on their annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Among her numerous accolades, Cardi B has won a Grammy Award, seven Billboard Music Awards—the most of any female rapper, nine BET Hip Hop Awards—the most of any female rapper, three American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, and two Guinness World Records.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: October 25, 2017
- 2 million subscribers: February 14, 2018
- 3 million subscribers: April 22, 2018
- 4 million subscribers: June 5, 2018
- 5 million subscribers: July 16, 2018
- 6 million subscribers: August 28, 2018
- 7 million subscribers: October 24, 2018
- 8 million subscribers: December 21, 2018
- 9 million subscribers: February 20, 2019
- 10 million subscribers: April 5, 2019
- 11 million subscribers: July 7, 2019
Video View Milestones
- 1 billion views: June 8, 2018
- 2 billion views: October 30, 2018
- 3 billion views: May 12, 2019