Cem Yılmaz (born: April 23, 1973), is a Turkish stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, musician, filmmaker, screen writer, and cartoonist. He is best known for his films G.O.R.A. (2004), A.R.O.G (2008) and Yahşi Batı (2010), and has won two Sadri Alışık awards for his roles in Organize İşler (2005) and The Magician (2006).
In 1998, Cem had his cinematic debut with the movie Everything's Gonna Be Great. Cem achieved his greatest success by starring in and writing the big-budget sci-fi parody G.O.R.A. (2004), also directed by Ömer Faruk Sorak. Despite spending several years in production because of financial and other technical problems, G.O.R.A. became a box-office hit and, according to Rekin Teksoy, "showed that popular cinema was successful in appealing to wide audiences". He has since repeated his box office successes with a sequel to G.O.R.A. called A.R.O.G, The Magician and Yahşi Batı, and has appeared in more than 10 films and worked as a voice actor in a number of motion pictures.
Cem started doing stand-up shows in the bars of Leman Kültür in the early 1990s. He has since created four stand-up specials. In addition, he has directed the Borusan Istanbul Philharmonic Orchestra twice.
During the course of his career, Cem has been the commercial face of Panasonic, Opet, Türk Telekom, Türkiye İş Bankası and Doritos, among others. The caricatures that he has drawn and the scenario of three of his movies that were released in the form of a book were well-received by fans.
He has also received a number of awards inside Turkey including a "Best Actor Award" at the Sadri Alışık Awards and the 4th Yeşilçam Awards.
Cem was born on April 23, 2017 in Istanbul. His family are originally from Gürün, Sivas, although part of his family is of Turkish origin who immigrated from Thessaloniki, Greece. He went to primary school at the Mehmet Akif School. He then got enrolled in the Bahçelievler Kazım Karabekir Secondary School, and then Etiler Anadolu Tourism Vocational High School, eventually going to Boğaziçi University and finishing his studies in Tourism and Hotel Management. On March 10, 2012, he married with Ahu Yağtu. The couple divorced on December 31, 2013. Together they have a son named Kemal.
Note: the following dates are according to SocialBlade. Dates may vary by ~1 day (2 days if you live outside of North America) due to differences in time zones.
- 1 million subscribers: May 27, 2013
- 2 million subscribers: July 4, 2016
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20171205194753/http://www.ardacabaoglu.com/new-events/2010/2/11/haydn-trumpet-concerto-borusan-istanbul-philharmonic-orchestra
- ↑ https://www.sinemalar.com/film/128469/cmylmz-soru-cevap
- ↑ https://www.haberturk.com/kultur-sanat/haber/565784-cem-yilmazin-senaryolari-kitap-oldu
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20140524232957/http://www.sinematurk.com/icerik/1857-2011-yesilcam-odulleri-dagitildi/
- ↑ http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/kelebek/hurriyet-pazar/aslinda-herkes-potansiyel-iyi-insan-kotuluk-gayret-istiyor-40695168
- ↑ https://www.biyografi.info/kisi/cem-yilmaz
- ↑ http://www.radikal.com.tr/eglence/cem-yilmaz-kemale-erdi-1096038/http://www.radikal.com.tr/eglence/cem-yilmaz-kemale-erdi-1096038/
This page was created on January 27, 2020, by ITurkishmapping.