Corpse Husband (born: August 8, 1997YouTuber and musician from San Diego, California, United States. He is known for his deep, distinguishable voice, and playing Among Us with other YouTubers and Twitch streamers, along with his horror narrations.), also known as Corpse, is an American
Corpse is part of a community of YouTubers known as Horror Narration Channels. He prefers to read true horror stories, whether they are sent in from his subscribers, or from subreddits such as r/LetsNotMeet and r/NoSleep.
Before his channel, Corpse Husband had been told on numerous occasions that he had the voice to do narration; more specifically, horror narration on YouTube. When he was growing up he used to listen to Creepypasta narration channels such as MrCreepyPasta, Chilling Tales for Dark Nights, and Cryaotic. He was intrigued, but what really motivated him was stumbling across channels like Mr. Nightmare, Be. Busta, and Lazy Masquerade who typically narrated true horror stories. He then got to work on his own channel, which would later become one of the most popular horror narration channels on YouTube.
The name Corpse Husband was created whilst he sat down for 20 minutes, trying to think of a name for his channel. He wrote down a few names, and eventually, he came up with the name Corpse Husband. His girlfriend at the time said it sounded cool, but Corpse wasn't entirely sure and stated he would change it. As of now, he hasn't changed it, and most likely will not.
When Corpse Husband first started recording videos, he had a microphone zip-tied with rubber-bands on a pop-filter which is why he sounded "so weird". A few people enjoyed his content, so he decided to continue narrating. Mr. Nightmare was one of the first big channels to comment on his videos, which probably contributed to his desire to continue narrating.
Corpse Husband has stated that he "basically dropped out of school in 8th grade because of personal issues" but returned to schooling soon after, before dropping out once again. Corpse Husband was, "a very rebellious student", according to himself, and "only did good in Computers and English".
He used to play soccer, and he managed to get in his town's newspaper doing so. Afterward, he played baseball and made the front page of his school's sports website. He did not enjoy traditional sports.
He lives in an apartment which he first got with his then-girlfriend until they broke up resulting in him now living alone. He mainly records stories at night, when it is quiet.
Only his closest friends know how he looks like as he has not done a face reveal. However, he claims that his YouTube profile picture looks a lot like him, besides the half mask.
He is about 5'10" (178 centimeters) tall. He was formerly a vegan.
One day, somebody knocked at the door of Corpse Husband's house. His mother opened the door where she met a stranger who claimed that he was affiliated with a gas company and needed to get inside. His mother let him inside and he left shortly after. When Corpse Husband came home, his mother told him what had happened. He then called the gas company, who stated they weren't aware of the situation.
The next day, Corpse Husband and his family were out. When they returned home, they noticed somebody by a car parked in their driveway. The man acted like he was checking out their car then left shortly after. The next day, when Corpse Husband was in his room, he heard loud talking outside his house. He and his family brushed it off when suddenly they heard a crash. They went to the backyard and saw a tattered up couch. His family started freaking out when somebody started kicking the front door. At the same time, cars were driving away and people were screaming outside of his house. When he and his family opened the door to confront whoever was doing this, they were gone. Since then, there have been multiple other occasions in which people have stalked his house, and every time one of his family members come out of their house, they speed off. Since June 2016, Corpse Husband hasn't mentioned more incidents like this.
In October 2020, Corpse Husband got wrapped up in a controversy on Twitter when an older video of him saying the lesbian slur "dyke" in a horror story reenactment video resurfaced. He explained himself in a video and the drama simmered down. Since then, the video about the horror story has been taken off YouTube.
- Corpse had a gaming channel of an unknown name that only had around 200 subscribers. It is unknown if it still exists.
- His favorite video games are Silent Hill 2 and Final Fantasy X.
- Corpse is also a musician.
- He has at least 9 songs, 7 as lead artist. Two of them, "White Tee" and "Miss YOU!" have both reached the U.S. Hot Rock & Alternative Songs chart, peaking at number 32 and 31 respectively.
- His most popular song, "E-GIRLS ARE RUINING MY LIFE!" has reached the U.K. Official Singles chart, peaking at number 90, and number 24 on the U.S. Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart (which serves as an extension of the Billboard Hot 100.)
- He has collaborated with numerous artists including The Living Tombstone, Savage Ga$p, Chills, Crusher P, along with YouTuber David Brown, also known as Boyinaband.
- Corpse said in an interview with Anthony Padilla that nobody in his personal life really knows what he does for a living. He has a separate room for recording his videos, and whenever there’s a party or gathering at his house, Corpse tells his guests to not enter that specific room.
- Corpse is chronically ill and has several health problems. He mentioned:
- Fibromyalgia (widespread musculoskeletal pain);
- Sleep Apnea (abnormal breathing during sleep) and chronic insomnia;
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), also known as acid reflux;
- Some kind of eye disease causing eye inflammation, therefore he has to wear an eyepatch.
- Corpse rarely leaves his apartment because of his anxiety. When he has to, he always wears a hood or a mask.
- Before his health problems, Corpse liked weight lifting, doing so 6 times a week, as well as dancing.
- Corpse enjoys photography and taking pictures. He is a big fan of Archillect.
- Corpse claims to be of mixed race. He has mentioned Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish ancestry.
- According to his Instagram Q&A in 2020, Corpse says that he is primarily half-Mexican (half of that being Native) and half-Irish.
- Most of the jewelry Corpse is seen wearing are from his fans from over the years. He also claims he "can name off who sent each one and their meaning".
- Corpse had a fear of theaters growing up and he never watches movies. However, he enjoys psychological thrillers and serial killer documentaries.
- Corpse has dyed his hair blue, black, blonde, red, and white.
- Where's Sykkuno?
- Whaddup baby?
- Oh, there's Sykkuno, let me go give him a kiss real quick
- "Alright, let's not look at anyone ever, everyone travel in packs of one.
- Beep, beep, beep.
- Hell yeah, Bingus bonking the bell. The baked potato Bingus bonking the bell with the baked potato.
- I am hand.
- Straight to hell, buddy.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 100,000 subscribers: November 8, 2015
- 500,000 subscribers: November 16, 2016
- 1 million subscribers: October 8, 2018
- 2 million subscribers: October 9, 2020
- 3 million subscribers: October 20, 2020
- 4 million subscribers: November 3, 2020
- 5 million subscribers: November 21, 2020
- 6 million subscribers: December 14, 2020
- 7 million subscribers: January 22, 2021
- 100,000 subscribers: October 6, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: October 10, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: October 16, 2020
- 400,000 subscribers: October 20, 2020
- 500,000 subscribers: October 21, 2020
- 600,000 subscribers: October 25, 2020
- 700,000 subscribers: October 28, 2020
- 800,000 subscribers: November 1, 2020
- 900,000 subscribers: November 6, 2020
- 1 million subscribers: November 10, 2020
CORPSE Husband Gaming & Clips
- 100,000 subscribers: October 6, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: October 9, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: October 13, 2020
- 400,000 subscribers: October 16, 2020
- 500,000 subscribers: October 22, 2020
- 600,000 subscribers: October 28, 2020
- 700,000 subscribers: November 7, 2020
- 800,000 subscribers: November 18, 2020
- 900,000 subscribers: November 21, 2020
- 1 million subscribers: November 24, 2020