Matthew gained success online due to his passion for video games, his temper, and his skill. Despite his anger issues, dellor has been rank 1 in a few competitive titles, and highly rated in many others.
Matthew was a Twitch streamer until he was permanently banned for “self-harm”, for breaking a keyboard over his head. He had previously been banned twice for a racist incident and an incident some considered to be a sexist incident, the latter causing him to lose his partnership; he apologized for both incidents.
- 1 About
- 2 Controversy
- 3 Hacked
- 4 Collaborations
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Quotes
- 7 References
- 8 List Of Subscriber Milestones
Matthew was a professional eSports gamer before becoming a full-time streamer and content creator. Before playing Fortnite, Matt had the most kills in PUBG (Player Unknown Battlegrounds). Top 250 in Overwatch, where he gained a little more exposure. He was top 20 in World of Warcraft. And was top 10 in Diablo 3.
On April 23, 2017, Matthew was playing Overwatch against multiple people on his livestream. Jumpshot, the person who killed Matthew during a game, had made multiple accurate shots towards Matthew. While Matthew's character was respawning, his teammates, Pika and Donut, said that Matthew was standing still, which later on, Matthew got into an outrage. Matthew had used the N-word 61 times and 4 of them said "big black n*****". On the same day, Matt apologized to everyone about it on Twitter saying "I am sorry. I fucked up. I am done with esports and won't be returning.".
Dropped From Toronto eSports
Toronto eSports President Ryan Pallett said in a statement. "Immediately upon learning of the incident, the player was interviewed, admitted to the offense, and was notified that his contract with the organization was being terminated."
Matthew posted an apology on Twitter after learning about being dropped.
"I fucked up and deserve to be dropped from Toronto Esports, I won't try to argue or make an excuse, I don't have any," Matthew went on to explain that he "was having a really bad day" and didn't get much sleep. Matthew got into a match with a Widowmaker on Overwatch (which Matthew was known for before Fortnite) who he thought was cheating which led him to burst. "The only thing I can say is that despite me using that word, I am not a racist. I was extremely upset, and I was trying to make the person I was angry with upset as well, and so I said the most offensive thing that came to mind."
Suspension from Twitch
On April 30, 2019, Matthew was banned from Twitch due to a remark he said live on Twitch. He was banned after the comment "Go cook a fucking sandwich, you fucking bitch!" to a female teammate in Apex Legends.
Matthew posted a video explaining the situation on May 7. He says his reaction to losing a game of Apex Legends was poor sportsmanship, he regretted what he said to the female, understood and accepted the limited ban on Twitch. Dellor announced that his suspension was only 30 days (expired May 30, 2019) and also apologized to the female.
Losing partnership and subscribers
After Matthew's suspension expired, he returned to Twitch with an emotional livestream due to losing his partnership, his subscription button and all his subscribers. This prevented him from making much money by streaming on twitch. Matthew claims that Twitch never made a warning or told him about losing his partnership. Matt had less confidence streaming on Twitch because he can no longer make money from Twitch (due to his subscribers being removed) and was unsure what the goals are set for his unfortunate situation. Fans did claim Matthew should livestream on YouTube instead and create money from channel memberships.
Matthew had constantly been emailing Twitch if there can be any way to get his affiliate or partnership back. Twitch didn't respond. Matthew then went on to make a TwitLonger stating how he has been feeling. He claimed he was unsure if he would be able to continue to pay bills in the future, had been depressed and stressed out. On July 7, Matthew created a petition to get his subscribe button back (affiliate).
Successfully, Twitch made a response stating that they would give back Dellor his affiliate and partnership, but has to be respectful and not be offensive for the next 6 months to 1 year. On August 1, 2019, Matthew announced that Twitch was supporting his progress and lowered his days of getting partnership back from 6 months to 60 days. (October 1, 2019).
Indefinite suspension for self-harm
On October 1, 2019, the day Matthew was scheduled to get his partnership back, he was indefinitely banned for self-harm by breaking a keyboard over his head. Though he has done it many times before, especially when he was a Twitch partner, this affected his Twitch channel. Matthew then became more depressed, and finally had the motivation to seek help, and went to a psychiatric hospital. This caused great concern over his Twitter, with people believing he had committed suicide during this time. 2 days later, Matt announced he is doing better.
One year later, on October 6, 2020, Matthew's Twitch channel was unsuspended. He has returned to Twitch streaming under his dellor account, and an alternate account 'alsodellor'.
On February 2, 2021, Matthew's YouTube channel was compromised. In addition, his Blizzard account, which connects to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, was compromised and deleted. The name of Matthew's YouTube channel was changed to 'Cardano Foundation'. Via his twitter feed, the hacker stole all of his bitcoin and possibly emptied his bank account. By February 4, Matthew's Google account was deleted completely.
A few weeks later on February 23, 2021, Matthew’s YouTube channel was taken back from the hacker. He started to upload more videos and started streaming again.
Another similar streamer, known as LyndonFPS, had once reacted to Matthew's rage, and many people in the comment section of Matthew and Lyndon's rage videos say that they should make a duo, especially on Lyndon and Matt's Twitch chat. Successfully, he and Lyndon had played together with 2 other people in a Fortnite Tournament.
Hamlinz has been a fan of Matthew since 47 has started his Dellor rage series. Their friendship exploded in popularity because of the "dellor house tour video" that Hamlinz reacted to. The "God duos" trend was intended. On April 9, 2019, they both successfully made a duo together with both sharing their perspective on their main channel.
- Matthew was featured in a Ceeday video.
- Matthew used Windows 7 until February of 2019.
- Dellor spelled backward is 'rolled', which is commonly said by Matthew himself and his viewers.
- Matthew came across other popular streamers, Ninja, who eliminated Matthew, and Nate Hill, who Matthew eliminated.
- A video of Dellor repeatedly slamming his desk in anger was tweeted by famous rapper Lil Nas X as a meme.
- MY GOD...!!!
- F*** this game!
- You're garbage!
- I HATE THIS F***ING GAME!!!
- BAN HIM!
- Holy s***!
- This game f***ing blows!
- You f***ing c*** sucker!
- BEEF OVERLOAD...!
- Edit Andy!
- F***ing b****-boys man!
- Jesus Christ..
- Fucking A...
- What the f***, man!
- Holy f***, man!
- Shut up!
- ’’BAN MARSHAL NOW’’
- ’’F***ing dog S***
- dellor on Twitter: I shouldn't do this and should just ignore all the haters
- dellor on Twitter: the fastest wrist in iowa is back...
- YouTube: I’m Sorry
- 504Gator | Fifty seven sec racist rant ends Overwatch pro "Dellor" a.k.a Matt Vaughn's career
- Dellor on Twitter: I am sorry. I f**ked up. I am done with esports and won't be returning.
- 'Overwatch' Pro Player Fired for Saying the N-Word 60 Times
- TwitLonger - I fucked up and deserve to be dropped from Toronto Esports...
- Cliperino | Apex Legends - dellor - Go cook a sandwich
- my indefinite suspension from twitch...
- Twitchy | Dellor Is *BACK* From BAN But His Life Is Ruined..
- TwitLonger - im sorry everyone
- Petition • twitch: give dellor his sub button
- new fortnite season then hardcore minecraft | creator code dellor
- dellor banned from Twitch for breaking keyboard on stream
- havocplays2 on Twitter: Announcement guys, I'm guessing his family took him there so they can keep him safe
- dellor on Twitter: I cant believe it...
- dellor on Twitter: someone just hacked my google account and got in even though I have 2 factor authentication...
- dellor on Twitter: . @BlizzardCS my account was just hacked and someone deleted it. can you please help
- 10k tourney game with LyndonFPS
- Hamlinz | RANDOM SQUADS w/ DELLOR! HARDEST I'VE LAUGHED PLAYING FORTNITE
- dellor and hamlinz vs the world
- Ceeday | Frozone.exe & time = 8:12
- Beef Overload | Fortnite Compilation | Dellor vs Ninja | Both Perspective
- 47 | DELLOR FORTNITE MEGA RAGE 40 *KILLS NATE HILL & DESTROYS KEYBOARDS*
- LilNasX on Twitter: wen u tryna be sad and uplifting music comes on
List Of Subscriber Milestones
- 100,000 subscribers: August 14, 2017
- 200,000 subscribers: February 10, 2018
- 300,000 subscribers: July 27, 2018
- 400,000 subscribers: March 16, 2019
- 500,000 subscribers: December 20, 2019
- 600,000 subscribers: May 26, 2020
- 700,000 subscribers: October 12, 2020
- 800,000 subscribers: January 21, 2021