|“||So you see, we're not just telling stories, we're changing lives!||”|
―Dhar Mann's outro and slogan
Dharminder "Dhar" Mann (born: May 29, 1984 ), is an American self-proclaimed 'entrepreneur', film director and YouTuber. He owns a studio called Dhar Mann Studios which focuses on motivational quotes and videos. He is also the CEO of LiveGlam, which focuses on selling makeup. He also has a vlog channel called Dhar and Laura, along with several other channels related to his videos.
- 1 Career
- 2 Actors
- 3 Recurring characters
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Content
- 6 Other channels
- 7 Worldwide channels
- 8 Criticism
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Channel milestones
- 10.1 Subscriber milestones
- 10.2 Video view milestones
- 11 Gallery
- 12 References
Dhar Mann was born on May 29, 1984. He studied at UC Davis, earning degrees in Economics and Political Science. Way before starting the Dhar Mann channel, he was working with real estate, having three offices, 25+ employees and funding real estate, all before 21. To this day, he is still involved with real estate dealings.
In 2007, he founded a real estate property management company and continued his real estate business ventures.
In 2008, he started a luxury transportation company and in 2009 expanded his fleet to include exotic vehicles. and in 2015, Mann founded LiveGlam, a subscription makeup club that sends members a new selection of luxury cosmetics every month. Within two years, he had grown the company to over one million social media followers and 8-figures in revenue. Currently his net worth is $25 million.
He and television producer Ann Druyan were both involved in early 21st century efforts to change marijuana law (Druyan served as president of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws).
These are the actors or guests that work in Dhar Mann's short films. The actors below consist of
- Mair Mulroney
- Vinn Sander
- Ayden Mekus
- Devon Weetly
- Katherine Norland
- Kali Jane
- Charlotte Pulley
- Leah Mei Gold
- Brianni Walker
- Colin A. Borden
- Riki Yvette Westmoreland
- Sofia Chicorelli Serna
- Shauntè Massard
- Carlos R. Chavez
- Shaelan Bowers
- Sarah Moliski
- Melvin Ward
- Neela Jolene
- Emmanuel Royal
- Lin Gothoni
- Kiarra Beasley
- Michael Vaccaro
- Ashley Aguilar
- Jovanna Vidal
- Armando Rey
- Angelee Merik Vera
- Chas Laughlin
- Elizabeth Lamboy-Wilson
- Ayana Taylor
- E.P. Evans
- Nathaniel Sanchez
- Julie Ann Serrano
- Nick Sarando
- Asger Folmann
- Yvonne Miranda
- Mikael Mattsson
- Kaido Lee Roberts
- Brendan Schroeder
- Frankie Anthony Velasquez
- Danny Delloyd
- Sean Harris
- Madhulika Krishnan
- Azeem Vecchio
- Carl Judie † (July 11, 1958 – February 14, 2021 [aged 62]): In the videos, he usually plays either a homeless/poor person who is grateful for anything he can get, or a friendly gentleman who teaches stingy and heartless people the right things and ways of life. Judie passed away on February 14, 2021 after having been in a coma for a while.
- Nas Daily
- Cody Ko
- Lewis Howes
- Jay Shetty
- Grant Cardone
- Jamie Kern Lima
- FaZe Rug
- Cole LaBrant
- Supercar Blondie
- The Royalty Family
- Stokes Twins
- Allison Day
- Mr. Wilson
- SSSniperWolf (as herself)
Dhar Mann is engaged to award-winning model Laura Gurrola, and they have a daughter, Ella Rose. Their second daughter, Myla Sky, was born in July 7, 2021. He is the son of Oakland, California entrepreneurs Baljit and Surinder Singh (founders of a taxi company).
Dhar Mann is best known for his motivational videos which seek to teach lessons about life. These videos usually involve a person who is acting in the worst ways possible (more known as an "antagonist"), and then towards the end the person learns a valuable lesson, or in some cases doesn't, and has karma backfired to them. The videos then end with Dhar Mann emphasizing the value of that skill. Some of the lessons taught in these videos range from things like never judging someone solely on appearance to being grateful for what you have.
Dhar and Laura is their main vlog channel, which started in March 20, 2019. The channel is runned by Dhar Mann and his girlfriend, Laura G. They uploaded one day after the channel was created. Currently, they upload about their two babies, Ella Rose (born: May 1, 2020dharandlaura.com.It is also the first Dhar Mann related channel to reach one million subscribers. ) and Myla Sky (born: July 7, 2021 ). The channel has a website, under the name
Dhar Mann Studios Behind-The-Scenes is their behind-the-scenes channel, commonly used for backstage footage. Formerly, their thumbnails used to have blue text, with the text "BEHIND THE SCENES" on the bottom. On the top-left corner, it has the Dhar Mann Studios watermark. Now, their thumbnails shows red text, with the Dhar Mann watermark, with the "BEHIND THE SCENES" text next to the watermark. The channel was announced on June 8, 2021, on a blog post, along with Dhar Mann Studios Top Videos, Dhar Mann Reactions, and Dhar Mann Studios Extended Cuts.
The channel started on March 8, 2021, and uploaded one month later.In August 2021, the channel started uploading YouTube Shorts, which is unrelated to their main content.
Dhar Mann Studios Top Videos is their top video channel, which usually at 10:00 A.M. PDT every day. It shows the top 4 videos, possibly picked randomly. Sometimes, there are part two videos. The channel was announced on June 8, 2021, on a blog post, and uploaded on April 16, 2021.
Dhar Mann Reactions is a reaction channel created on May 11, 2021, which is him and Laura reacts to the main channel videos. The channel is announced on a blog post. The channel doesn't have a video yet.
Dhar Mann Studios Extended Cuts is an extended cuts channel created on June 10, 2021. The channel is used for extended verisons that weren't included in the original video. It was announced on a blog post, then uploaded on August 10, 2021, which the video is from "Mom FORCES GIRL To Play With Barbies, INSTANTLY REGRETS IT!".
Dhar Mann Studios Compilations is a compilation channel created on June 16, 2021.
This section is currently incomplete. Please be patient as it is being refined.
Dhar Mann Português is their Portuguese channel, created in April 2020. They uploaded their first video on October 8, 2020, which is a reupload of "CEO Catches A Homeless Man Stealing Pizza, The Ending Will Shock You".They also have a second channel, called Compilações do Dhar Mann em Português, which is their compilation channel.
Dhar Mann Español is their Spanish channel, created in April 2020. It is the first worldwide channel to upload a video, which was published on September 22, 2020.They also have a compilation channel, Dhar Mann Compilaciones en Español, which currently has no uploads.
Dhar Mann हिन्दी is their Hindi channel, which is one of the inactive channels. Even though the channel never uploaded, the channel continues to make community posts.
Dhar Mann بالعربية is their Arabic channel, which first uploaded on October 29, 2020. However, in July 2021, the Arabic channel started to get popular, despite the last upload was on June 24, 2021.
Videos with toxic positivity
Even though Dhar's intention is to send good messages, but sometimes he can give out bad ones. For example, in this video, a husband emotionally abuses his wife, but he said sorry once so that means she should trust him again. This is repeated again and again. Rob Gavagan made a 30 minute video chronicling the unhealthy messages.
In another video, Dhar portrays a young person who steals his mom's credit card to play games as in the right, and designates his mom, who tells him to get a job and takes away his Xbox, as in the wrong. Ironically, in another video, he portrayed a kid who stole his mom's card for Roblox as in the wrong.
Videos containing racism
In this video, a racist white woman stops being racist after her son's friend (who is black) gives him an expensive laptop, as his dad is the Vice President of one of the biggest companies of the world. In the end, the white woman says she never should have judged him before getting to know him. The moral unintentionally is that minorities need to prove themselves to white people to earn their respect. She also only stops being racist because the kid comes from wealth and does something that benefits her, and that gives out the moral "make sure you're not talking to a rich person before being racist". Jarvis Johnson called it out.
Dhar has also been criticized for over exaggerating situations and/or characters. Most commonly, a character will be made as despicable as possible to show that they are supposed to be the ones learning the lesson. But in reality, people do not always act like this or suddenly regret their actions.
In his video response to PewDiePie's and CinnamonToastKen's criticism, Ayden has a line which says, "You're Dhar Mann. Everyone loves you!" Most videos would claim that his merchandise would be a trend bigger than today's.
Response to criticism
On June 6, 2021, Dhar uploaded a video titled "Dhar Mann actor quits while on set, what happens is shocking" where he talks about the people who criticized him. In the video, Ayden Mekus (who plays characters in a lot of Dhar Mann's videos) is confronted by two "haters", who mock Dhar Mann and call his acting cringe. Because of this, Ayden feels disheartened and tells Dhar he wants to quit, only for Dhar to tell Ayden about the criticism he receives because of his videos, and then telling Ayden to focus on the people who love him instead of listening to the haters.
This video was heavily criticized as well, due to Dhar Mann's manipulative editing, as he portrayed PewDiePie as a "hater" and deliberately did not show him calling out Dhar for hosting giveaways of iPhones/PS5s (which Pewds considers buying subs). He also used a part of Rob Gavagan's video where he called Dhar a "cringe factory", but clipped out Rob calling out a video of Dhar's where he teaches a lesson of staying with a spouse even if they are abusive towards you. Adam Johnston called out Dhar for using Ayden as the scapegoat for the brunt of the comments, instead of focusing on the actual criticism people had of his videos.
The video was also criticized as when Ayden claimed that he was receiving hateful comments, the comments shown were obviously fake. Because of this, more reaction channels have satirized and reacted to the original video. On September 1, 2021, Pewdiepie reacted to Dhar's video as well.
- He calls his fans "Dhar Mann Fam"
- He bought Khloe Kardashian's $15.5 million home.
- He was charged with fraud back in 2008 & 2009.
- His daughter has an Instagram account.
- He is of Indian descent and his wife is Hispanic.
- He has a speech impediment and is slightly dyslexic.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: January 3, 2020
- 2 million subscribers: June 16, 2020
- 3 million subscribers: October 8, 2020
- 4 million subscribers: December 15, 2020
- 5 million subscribers: January 15, 2021
- 6 million subscribers: February 10, 2021
- 7 million subscribers: March 9, 2021
- 8 million subscribers: April 5, 2021
- 9 million subscribers: May 5, 2021
- 10 million subscribers: June 11, 2021
- 11 million subscribers: July 19, 2021
Dhar and Laura
- 1 million subscribers: May 11, 2021
Dhar Mann Studios Behind-The-Scenes
- 100,000 subscribers: April 11, 2021
- 200,000 subscribers: April 15, 2021
- 300,000 subscribers: April 23, 2021
- 400,000 subscribers: May 5, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: May 18, 2021
- 600,000 subscribers: June 11, 2021
- 700,000 subscribers: July 9, 2021
- 800,000 subscribers: August 12, 2021
Dhar Mann Studios Top Videos
- 100,000 subscribers: April 27, 2021
- 200,000 subscribers: May 11, 2021
- 300,000 subscribers: May 30, 2021
- 400,000 subscribers: June 15, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: July 2, 2021
- 600,000 subscribers: July 27, 2021
- 700,000 subscribers: August 19, 2021
- 800,000 subscribers: September 15, 2021
Dhar Mann Português
- 100,000 subscribers: April 8, 2021
- 200,000 subscribers: May 18, 2021
- 300,000 subscribers: June 7, 2021
- 400,000 subscribers: June 17, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: July 15, 2021
- 600,000 subscribers: August 13, 2021
- 700,000 subscribers: September 21, 2021
Dhar Mann بالعربية
- 100,000 subscribers: July 12, 2021
- 200,000 subscribers: July 19, 2021
- 300,000 subscribers: July 23, 2021
- 400,000 subscribers: July 30, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: August 17, 2021
- 600,000 subscribers: September 12, 2021
Dhar Mann Español
- 100,000 subscribers: May 16, 2021
- 200,000 subscribers: August 5, 2021
Dhar Mann Studios Compilations
- 100,000 subscribers: July 27, 2021
- 200,000 subscribers: August 25, 2021
Dhar Mann हिन्दी
- 100,000 subscribers: August 14, 2021
Dhar Mann Studios Extended Cuts
- 100,000 subscribers: August 26, 2021
Video view milestones
- 1 billion views: November 6, 2020
- 2 billion views: February 12, 2021
- 3 billion views: April 16, 2021
- 4 billion views: June 16, 2021