Also, only a small percentage of people that watch my videos are actually subscribed, so if you end up enjoying this video, consider subscribing. It’s free, and you can always change your mind. Enjoy!
Clay (born: August 12, 1999 (1999-08-12)), better known online as Dream (also known as DreamWasTaken, formerly known as DreamTraps and GameBreakersMC), is an American YouTuber and vocalist known for his Minecraft collaborations and manhunts.
His channel is one of the fastest-growing channels in the history of YouTube, garnering over 10 million subscribers in a little over a year. He is part of the collaborative group "Dream Team" consisting of himself, GeorgeNotFound, and Sapnap.
Clay was born on August 12, 1999. He grew up with a 15 year old sister nicknamed "Drista" by TommyInnit, a portmanteau of "Dream" and "sista". He also has an older sister and a younger brother. Clay has ADHD.
He was the quarterback of his high school flag football team and recreationally played basketball and soccer. He went to high school for 2 years & graduated in early 2018, he did not attend a college because he felt that he knew enough about technology to get a job without a degree. He formerly worked for AppleCare.
On September 25, 2019, Dream uploaded a video titled 'my face reveal'. Nothing is known about the video as it was deleted only a few days after it was uploaded. The description only reads "hey, thats me." The video only got 34,000 views before it was deleted.
On December 24, 2020, Dream teased a picture of himself in real life with a sign covering his face, leading people to speculate that Dream may do a face reveal. On December 31, 2020, Dream tweeted "let's start 2021 off with a Bang..." along with an 8 second video of his teasing his face reveal again where he holds up a sign covering his face with music in the background.
On April 1, 2021, as an April Fool's Day joke, Dream retweeted a tweet from Danny Gonzalez claiming that he was Dream, and that he'll reveal his face in live stream. Dream then tweeted "I'm live" along with a link to Danny's Twitch, where he was streaming with the title "I was dream the whole time". During this livestream, Danny proceeded to go through a spoof PowerPoint presentation explaining how he was Dream and how he pulled it off as well as mispronouncing a lot of the dream SMP members’ names along the way.
Dream has tweeted out a picture of a person from a photo generation site as a joke face reveal. There have been instances of alleged photos of Dream, all of which Dream has dismissed. Dream has talked about the face reveal drama.
Dream is well-known for his Minecraft videos. Dream's content usually consists of challenge videos. He is also known for his popular Minecraft series "Minecraft Speedrunner VS 1/2/3/4/5 Hunter(s).", as well as another popular series "Unsolved Mysteries", where he goes in-depth on some in-game mysteries.
His oldest widely-known video was uploaded on July 13, 2014, titled "1000 subs." During this time, Dream was an administrator on BadBoyHalo's Minecraft server. Dream was stuck on about 1K subscribers until his breakthrough in 2019. He started uploading more consistently after uploading the video "this cursed Minecraft video will trigger you..." on July 5, 2019.
Dream's first official video was titled "Mine HQ Threatens To DDos Me + Gold Glitch", it gained around ten thousand views, getting Dream's first subscribers. However, the video, along with all of his other old videos, was deleted on July 10, 2019.
His 1st video was titled "McPvP "The Saw Trap" Want to Play a Game?", and was uploaded on February 8th, 2014. The oldest archived video was titled " McPvP/McTeams/Elite Torch Trap Montage. Mega Loot." uploaded February 13th, 2014. Although the first video that he appears in is "Switcher Levitator Trap Tutorial" posted on August 26, 2013.
He initially gained attention after organizing a project to find PewDiePie's Minecraft world seed. Dream often collaborates with GeorgeNotFound, Sapnap, and BadBoyHalo. He also has a relation to Skeppy through BadBoyHalo. He met GeorgeNotFound on BadBoyHalo's Minecraft server, MunchyMC in 2016, and met Sapnap on McPvP in early 2013.
To see the history of his Music career, see the Dream Music tabber in Other channels.
The Unsolved series introduces and analyzes strange things within Minecraft. This includes the following videos:
- Season 1
- Unsolved Mystery of Minecraft Monday
- Unsolved Mystery of Sven
- Unsolved Mystery of Minecraft Dupe Accounts
- Unsolved Mystery of Minecraft's Longest Jump
- Unsolved Mystery of Illegal Minecraft Accounts
- Unsolved Mystery Of Minecraft Sharks
- Season 2
On January 25, 2022, Dream and Sapnap announced their reason of the inactivity on their channels is due for both of them together moved to a new house, named the "Dream Team house". In a later stream, Dream said that him, Sapnap and George will be living at the Dream Team house for at least 5 years.
Dream Team, commonly abbreviated as DTeam, is a American and English group of three YouTubers who create content about Minecraft plugins they coded. These members are Dream (Clay), GeorgeNotFound (George Davidson) and Sapnap (Nicholas "Nick").
The Dream Team met on MunchyMC in 2015. Dream and Bad are the owners of the server, Sapnap is senior-mod on there. George met Dream while both of them were Server plugin developers. After being friends in 2015, they formed the Dream Team in 2019.
2019: Early Years
2020: Rise of Popularity and Dream SMP
In March 2020, the Dream Team gained more popularity due to the increased use of YouTube during the COVID-19 pandemic. In April 2020, the Dream SMP was created by Dream and George. They collaborated as a group with BadBoyHalo added in May 13, 2020. On August 26, 2020, Dream announced that the Dream Team channel will be shutting down. However, the group is still ongoing.
- TommyInnit once asked Dream to state his number one best friend among the team. In response, Dream said that they are all tied. Dream then stated that it would be by the order he met them (Sapnap, BadBoyHalo, and GeorgeNotFound) if he had to rank them.
- Sapnap and Dream have lived together since January 2021. At the time Sapnap moved in with Dream, they tried to get George to travel to Florida, but weren't able to due to travel restrictions with COVID-19.
- On January 25, 2022, Dream and Sapnap announced that they moved to a new house called the Dream Team house in preparation for George's move to America. In a later stream, Dream mentioned that they will all live together for at least five years.
- MCC 7 marked the first time in a MCC for the Dream Team to be on the same team alongside Sylvee. The Dream Team were on the same team again in MCC 11 (alongside Karl Jacobs) and All-Stars (alongside BadBoyHalo). The Dream Team won MCC 11 and All-Stars.
- During the TeamSeas event in a voice chat with Sapnap and GeorgeNotFound, MrBeast mentioned the possibility of the Dream Team moving in and merging with his squad. Sapnap agreed and mentioned that he and George don't really care in where they live while both Dream and MrBeast prefer to stay where they live at. Sapnap also joked about MrBeast buying them houses and offering four million dollars each to get them to move to North Carolina.
- Sapnap currently is in possession of the Dream Team play button.
- Dream the Explorer
- Dream Team Goes to Hogwarts
- GeorgeNotFound In His Natural Habitat
- Dream In Minecraft Manhunt...
- Minecraft, But It's a Horror Film
- When Dream Has Minecraft Plot Armor...
- Minecraft Pizza Delivery
- Dream, I Am Your Father...
- Dream Team Reality TV Show...
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility...
- Minecraft Gordon Ramsay...
- Dream Gets Robbed... (featuring Antfrost)
- Dream Gets Pranked... (GONE WRONG) (COPS CALLED)
- George Gets Interrogated...
- Dream And Sapnap Have A Western Showdown...
- Dream Learns To Swim...
- Minecraft Imagination Box...
- Dream Team Haunted Mirror....
- Dream Has A Dream...
- Minecraft Fort...
- President Sapnap...
- Minecraft Billion Dollar Game Show...
- Minecraft Lemonade Stand...
- Dream And Sapnap Break Out Of Prison...
- Minecraft Door To Door Salesmen...
- Minecraft, But It's Gamestop...
- Dream Has An Evil Clone...
- Minecraft Airplane Disaster...
- Step On A Crack...
- BadBoyHalo Gives A Motivational Speech...
- Minecraft Carnival Game... (featuring Technoblade)
- The World's Biggest Ice Cream Factory...
- George Goes Shopping...
- Minecraft Pizza Delivery Again...
- The Club... (Featuring TommyInnit)
- Sapnap's Funeral... (Featuring Callahan)
- Batman's Secret Identity...
- The Dream Burger... (Advertisement for the Dream Burger on the MrBeast Burger)
- Minecraft Spelling Bee
- Dream Gets Interrogated...
- Dream Fell...
- Doctor Ligma...
- The Evil Snowman...
- Sapnap Gets Interrogated...
- Secret Sauce...
- Sapnap Goes Shopping..
- The Dream Team Adventures...
- Minecraft Graveyard PRANK (GONE WRONG)
- Dream Team Stranded On An Island... (featuring Patches)
- Dream Is In Court...
- Dream Team Classroom...
- The Chocolate Factory (featuring Callahan)
- Dream Team Retirement Home
- Minecraft Robbery...
- Minecraft Prisoner...
- Minecraft's Biggest Mansion... (Ft. Mr Beast)
- Are You Smarter Than A Sapnap? (Featuring Callahan)
- The First Person To Discover Milk...
- The Life Of An Enderman... (featuring Ranboo)
- Dream Goes Shopping...
- Dream Team Birthday Party... (featuring Ph1LzA)
- The Greatest Pirate I've Ever Seen...
- Shipping Myself Across The Country...
- Take Us To Your Leader
- Dream Team Goes To The Mall... (Featuring Corpse Husband)
- Dream Let Down Your Hair...
- One Thing Worse Than A Zombie... (featuring TommyInnit and Ph1LzA, first shorts to not include the Dream Team)
- World Record Weight Lifting
- George The Fish
- How To Invest Your Money
- Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road
- Car Insurance...
- We Can't Let You Leave
- Science Lab Partner...
- Minecraft Tattoo...
- Minecraft Fans...
- The Merchant...
- My Dog Is Better Than Yours...
- THERE'S POO EVERYWHERE
- The Dojo
- what the squid doin
- My Minecraft House Is Haunted...
- The Hospital Bill
- The Office
- Bank Robbery
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Hunter (FIRST EVER)
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Hunter (SECOND EVER)
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Assassin
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Hunter
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Slayer
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Assassin ft. Notch
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Assassin (Again)
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Full Diamond Juggernaut
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Hunter (Again)
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 2 Hunters
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS Hunter LIVE
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 3 Hunters
- 3 Minecraft Speedrunners VS Hunter ft. MrBeast
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 3 Hunters REMATCH
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 3 Hunters FINALE
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS PRO
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 3 Hunters FINALE REMATCH
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 3 Hunters GRAND FINALE
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 4 Hunters
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 4 Hunters REMATCH
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 4 Hunters FINALE
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 4 Hunters FINALE REMATCH
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 4 Hunters GRAND FINALE
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 5 Hunters
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 5 Hunters REMATCH
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 2 Assassins
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 5 Hunters FINALE
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 5 Hunters FINALE REMATCH
- Minecraft Speedrunner VS 5 Hunters GRAND FINALE
On February 3, 2021, Dream announced on his main Twitter account that he would be releasing a song in 24 hours called Roadtrip, featuring PmBata. Shortly afterwards, he deleted the tweet. He posted a snippet of his new song on his private Twitter account dreamhangout after announcing the song. On February 4, 2021, he premiered the official lyric video for Road Trip on YouTube.
The song was about remembering good things from the past, even if things have changed since then, and holding on the good memories.
Following this, Dream teased a new song he was creating on the dreamhangout Twitter account. Responding to fans, he stated that the clip was not part of the finished product, he would not be featuring other music artists on it, and that the full song is titled "Mask". After Mask was released, he released another song named "Change My Clothes" with Alec Benjamin.
In December 2021, Dream released a snippet of his new song on the dreamsecretclub account. He later on revealed the title of the song in April 2022 called "Trust Issues", along with another snippet.
MC Championship is a Minecraft tournament for YouTubers and streamers run by the Noxcrew, in which 10 teams of four compete in a series of 8 minigames decided by the participants. A point multiplier makes each game worth more as each round passes, incentivizing teams to vote for games they might be bad at early on in the event. In the end, the two teams with the most points face off in a round of ‘Dodgebolt’ to decide the winner of the tournament. This makes it possible for a team to win despite potentially having fewer points than the runner-up.
- MC Championship 1-5: Did Not Participate
- MC Championship 6: Team Lime Llamas.
- MC Championship 7: Team Purple Pandas
- MC Championship 8: Team Pink Parrots
- Teamed with Technoblade, King_Burren, and Michaelmcchill.
- Placed 2nd individual and his team placed 2nd in the main event.
- Because the team placed 2nd in the main event they played in the championship game, dodgebolt, which they won thus winning the whole event.
- They were the lowest-scoring team in MCC history to win the event.
- Placed 2nd individual and his team placed 2nd in the main event.
- Teamed with Technoblade, King_Burren, and Michaelmcchill.
- MC Championship 9: Team Lime Llamas
- MC Championship 10: Team Red Rabbits
- MC Championship 11: Team Fuschia Frankensteins
- MC Championship 12: Team Pink Parrots
- MC Championship 13: Team Pink Presents
- MC Championships 14: Team Green Guardians
- MC Championships 15: Team Red Rabbits
- MC Championship 16: Team Pink Parrots
- MC Championship 17: Team Cyan Coyotes
- MC Championship 18: Team Fuschia Frankensteins
- (Non-canon) MC Championships All-Stars: Team Red Rabbits.
- MC Championship 19: Team Emerald Elves.
- MC Championship 20: Did not participate.
- MC Championship 21: Team Green Geckos.
- MC Championship 22: Team Red Rabbits.
|Tournament||Team||Teammates||Team Results||Individual Result||DB Result|
|MC Championship 6||Lime Llamas||GeorgeNotFound, Mefs,TheEret.||3rd (20150)||3rd (3,250)||N/A|
|MC Championship 7||Purple Pandas||GeorgeNotFound, Sapnap, Sylvee||4th (19371)||3rd (3,405)||N/A|
|MC Championship 8||Pink Parrots||Technoblade, King_Burren, Michaelmcchill.||2nd (19147)||2nd (3,060)||Won (3 Pink-2 Aqua)|
|MC Championship 9||Lime Llamas||Fundy, Tubbo, Sylvee.||6th (15081)||13th (2,373)||N/A|
|MC Championship 10||Red Rabbits||GeorgeNotFound, Solidarity, CaptainPuffy.||3rd (20348)||3rd (3,405)||N/A|
|MC Championship 11||Fuschia Frankensteins||GeorgeNotFound, Sapnap, KarlJacobs.||2nd (19657)||1st (3,626)||Won (3 Fuschia-0 Blue)|
|MC Championship 12||Pink Parrots||CaptainSparklez, Spifey,Michaelmcchill.||5th (17948)||7th (2,764)||N/A|
|MC Championship 13||Pink Presents||Shubble, CaptainSparklez, Dangthatsalongname.||3rd (19056)||7th (2,833)||N/A|
|MC Championship 14||Green Guardians||CaptainSparklez, GeorgeNotFound, Quackity.||7th (15252)||19th (2,224)||N/A|
|MC Championship 15||Red Rabbits||Michaelmcchill, Quackity, Sapnap.||1st (22740)||4th (3,203)||Won (3 Red-0 Yellow)|
|MC Championship 16||Pink Parrots||F1NN5TER, BadBoyHalo, SeaPeeKay.||2nd (21409)||4th (3,031)||Won (3 Pink-1 Purple)|
|MC Championship 17||Cyan Coyotes||KarlJacobs, TommyInnit, Ponk.||7th (16155)||8th (2,688)||N/A|
|MC Championship 18||Fuschia Frankensteins||awesamdude, Quackity, GeorgeNotFound.||5th (17584)||3rd (3,008)||N/A|
|MC Chamionship 19||Emerald Elves||Tubbo, Ranboo, Slimecicle.||4th (19453)||7th (2,640)||N/A|
|MC Chamionship 21||Green Geckos||TommyInnit, Sylvee, vGumiho.||4th (16518)||7th (2,640)||N/A|
|MC Chamionship 22||Red Rabbits||GeorgeNotFound, CaptainPuffy, awesamdude.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MC Championship All-Stars||Red Rabbits||Sapnap, GeorgeNotFound, BadBoyHalo.||1st (24064)||1st (3,605)||Won (3 Red-0 Yellow)|
MC Ultimate is a Minecraft Hunger Games event for 250+ streamers. Organized by Pikaclicks, or Noah, it is known as the largest hunger games event held in the MC Community (Of all time).
- MC Ultimate Season 1: Teamed with GeorgeNotFound.
- He was eliminated early on in the game. Got eliminated by Joko's team due to lag, and a -15% damage nerf.
- MC Ultimate Season 2-3: Did Not Participate
To read about the Dream SMP, please go to it's page here.
Minecon Live 2020
During Minecon Live 2020, a vote was held in which players could vote on the next mob being added to Minecraft; the three options given were the Glow Squid, the Moobloom, and the Iceologer. Dream urged his Twitter followers to vote for the Glow Squid, tweeting to his fans about following them if they showed him proof of their vote, which he soon deleted. When the Glow Squid ultimately won the vote by a small margin against the Iceologer, this led many people to believe Dream had influenced the outcome of the vote, and vented their frustration against him. Dream later apologized for the incident in a Twitter post and soon made another twitter post to apologize and reflect on all of the controversies he's been in.
The backlash resulted in HelenAngel asking the Twitter community via a poll whether or not votes should be abandoned in future Minecon events, due to their propensity for controversy.
Feud with Jawsh
On his second Twitter account, Jawsh made a statement about how "stan culture" is unhealthy, monsters, garbage, and immoral as well as calling the people in the culture "unwell mentally". In his post, he stated he was tired of random people obsessing over him and other people, such as Dream. Dream replied, "you're an idiot". Jawsh responded to this tweet stating the following:
Good argument. I am glad that instead of actually making any attempt to prove me wrong that you instead chose to reply with insults. It proves you are as immature as your child viewers and your bandwagoning friends.Jawsh's response to Dream's reply
Jawsh's response received mixed receptions, mainly due to claiming that Dream's friends were "bandwagoning" him because they didn't agree with Jawsh's perspective. He gained even more backlash after Karl and Tubbo made joke tweets about the situation, baselessly accusing them of "farming their Twitter for likes".
Dream then made a tweet defending his stans, by calling them "a group of people trying to meet other people with similar interests while expressing this interest through shared morals, love, and creativity."
Many people saw this drama, with some people like Spifey and Karl Jacobs supporting Dream's opinion of his definition of a "stan" and people like CallMeCarson "agreeing" with Jawsh's statement regarding stans, although it seemed to be in a satirical manner.
Former Lunch Club member Hugbox retweeted Dream's definition of a "stan" with "You are unironically such a fucking pussy it's not even funny," to which Dream responded where he told him "here I noticed you now go outside." Which garnered both support and disdain from his fans.
Dream made a video in his second channel where he explained that the meaning of the word "stan" has changed, that most of the stans are very supportive and just very enthusiastic fans, that the haters who accuse people of being stans are more toxic than the stans themselves, and that he sees more comments about how terrible Dream stans are than Dream stans themselves.
Speedrun cheating scandal
On December 11, 2020, a video by YouTuber and speedrun.com Minecraft head moderator Geosquare was uploaded, going over a statistical analysis paper made by the speedrun.com Minecraft moderation team. The paper covered Dream's unusually lucky ender pearl trades and blaze rod drops through multiple full speedrun streams.
In order to account for any bias, they overcompensated for Dream, so that the bias is actually in favor of him. Through statistical evaluation and calculations after essentially giving Dream's luck the benefit of the doubt, it was concluded that the odds of Dream getting the run he did was about 1 in 7.5 trillion. Due to this abnormally low probability which many of pointed out is statistically impossible to get, the moderation came to the conclusion that Dream's game was modified in some way to manipulate the pearl barter and rod drop rates.
Dream responded to Geosquare's video in the following tweet after his run was officially rejected:
My 1.16 run was just rejected after research due to it being "too unlikely to verify". A video was made by a head mod and Youtuber Geosquare, using my name and clickbaiting "Cheating Speedrunning" in order to get easy views. Definitely a response soon. Total BS!Dream's response to Geosquare's video 
In response to these allegations, Dream claims to have neither the motive or ability to increase his chances artificially (by cheating and modding the game) in the way the paper claims him to. He believes the data is invalid due to sampling bias. These points have been addressed in Geosquare's video (with the point about sampling bias being addressed along all the other possible biases in the paper).
In an act of transparency, I'm linking a download to my 1.16 19 minute world file below. This was uploaded *less than 10 minutes after the stream*. This includes the modpacks folder, as well as logs that list every mod that was loaded at the time, no custom mods.Dream 
Attached to the tweet was a download to his speedrun world.
On December 23, 2020, Dream released his now deleted response video on his second account, DreamXD. Shortly after the video was published, members of r/statistics claim that the numbers stated in the video were flawed in order to give him a statistical advantage, according to the Redditors the researcher made amateur-level mistakes when discussing them and did not understand the concepts they were applying. Since Dream did not release the person's name and qualifications, people are skeptical if the undisclosed person is actually a Harvard graduate or an astrophysicist, as Dream has claimed.
On December 25, 2020, Dream was interviewed by GTA speedrunner DarkViperAU and answered a lot of questions that people had asked.
On December 31, 2020, a video by YouTuber Karl Jobst showed a statistical analysis using a computer simulation of a run with trillions and trillions of simulations in order to prove to disprove if Dream was cheating, and it revealed that it was impossible to be replicated, Karl Jobst then concludes,
Given with all the available facts, Dream was playing on a modified version of Minecraft, giving him an unfair advantage.Karl Jobst 
On December 31, 2020, YouTuber AntVenom uploaded a video where he used a binomial distribution calculator to find Dream's odds. He then removed the last run in order to eliminate bias. He used Dream's older streams with more believable odds and combined the two together. After using the approximate number of speedruns ever done, he came to the odds that there was a 1 in 6.9+ trillion chance that Dream's luck could have happened.
On February 16, 2021, Dream deleted his response video and stated that he didn't want new viewers to know this as it wasn't the content that he usually makes and didn't want people to know this happened.
The cheating controversy would later become a massive running gag within the Minecraft community, being the basis of "he is just very lucky" memes that feature incredibly rare or impossible events happening in quick succession.
On May 30, 2021, Dream admitted to accidentally having client modifications that affected his ender pearl and blaze rod drop rates. In his confession on a (now deleted) Pastebin, he states: "I HAD been using a disallowed modification during ~6 of my live streams on Twitch." He also expressed that finding out about the modifications was one of the reasons he removed his response video three months prior. The Pastebin that Dream linked to in his tweet was deleted hours after it was tweeted out, and Dream subsequently deleted his original tweet. Soon, the mods has decided to remove every single runs that Dream had submitted to the leaderboards, including all 3 of his former world records. Geosquare later tweeted out that he and Dream are "cool again" and that he was glad to see some closure.
On June 2, 2021, Dream posted a pastebin in the Minecraft Java Edition Speedrunning Discord server as a full apology to the mods, the community, and specific people (Geosquare, Couriway, Korbanoes). He apologized to the community, Geosquare, and the mod team for "causing a shitstorm on Twitter and Youtube and elsewhere with my aggressive and condescending tweets and language" and directly apologized to Couriway and Korbanoes for previously falsely accusing them of cheating on their speedruns prior to his own speedrunning scandal.
Dream acknowledges the impact of lashing out to others publicly, expressing "I'm sure that you [Geosquare] still face problems today due to the size of my audience and the harshness of my words. I apologize and I want to make it up to you in any way that I can."
As it stands now, Dream personally removed all his runs from speedrun.com and has stated he has no intentions of submitting future runs.
John Swan drama
On February 14, 2021, a commentary YouTuber John Swan tweeted that Dream was a "douchebag" alongside a clip of YouTuber penguinz0 criticizing him. Several supporters of Dream replied to John Swan's tweet.
John Swan posted a response in the subreddit DreamWasTaken2, titled "What a way to milk the drama 😐". Dream responded to the Reddit post saying that John Swan had interviewed him for his Minecraft documentary series in December 2019.
Later, John changed his own profile picture and avatar pretending to be Dream sending "the n-word" as well as "sexual stuff" to multiple fans, one of whom contacted him. The comment had only received 20 likes before he posted a rebuttal to Dream's claims.
After Dream discovered John pretending to be him, Dream decided to call out him for the same, but he denied these allegations at that time, claiming he had logged into his Discord account on a autistic 12 years old friend's computer and that the autistic 12 years old friend had "decided it would be a good idea to start trolling," sending out the n-word as well as conversations about a "Minecraft sex mod" to others and "making hate video" on Skeppy, including YouTuber and fan of John Swan's HarleyTBS. Shortly, John made another tweet claiming Dream was attempting to "smear his credibility”". This Twitter thread caused the drama to continue to snowball, with Dream responding to the thread, writing that he "didn't believe" Swan's story.
I really am not sure why you brought this to twitter in response to a post on a random subreddit on a comment with 20 likes, but I can assume it's just for attention. I will reply anyway though because you're being unreasonable.Dream's reply on John Swan
On February 16, Dream went live streaming on Twitch explaining why he didn't believe John's story. Over the course of the now-deleted hour-long stream, Dream showed the messages sent to HarleyTBS from John Swan's account as well as one pretending to be Dream, comparing the language to how John Swan typically talks online. The stream itself spread throughout the internet with "caught in 4k" and "john swan lied" trending on Twitter with thousands of tweets over the next few hours.
John Swan then tweeted out after discovering the trending about him getting called out.
Why would I, as a creator wanting to get big on the platform, try to smear another popular creator by creating an alt account and sending troll messages to 1 personJohn's response
Later that day, Keemstar created multiple Twitter videos asking John Swan to come on his DramaAlert show and appear in a debate with Dream. John Swan declined, telling fellow YouTuber Optimus that he was only given 10 minutes to prepare, which wasn't enough time. Keem denied that, tweeting that he had been given at least two hours before he was set to record. When reached for comment on February 17, John Swan told Insider he "wouldn't be doing any interviews until his response drops."
Over a week later on February 24, John Swan releases an 18-page Google Documentary and audiobook explaining his side of the story. In the documentary, he attempts to debunk every single claim made by Dream in his live stream and tweets. John Swan also attempted to hurt HarleyTBS' credibility, writing that "you probably shouldn't be listening to him when it comes to his takes on serious allegations."
A few days later on February 27, John Swan tweeted out that he had been lying and he was involved in sending the messages. "I told a lie and I thought it would never get brought back up again," John Swan tweeted out another. "I have let you all down. I am ashamed and disappointed in myself. And I am sorry." shortly afterword, he deactivated his twitter account.
The same day, a YouTuber LtCobra wrote on his Twitter, claiming that he was the one on John Swan's account and had "pretended he was good friends with dream and sent Harley dreams discord account."
Again the same day, many YouTubers such as Kavos, AugieRFC & Optimus, tweeted their fury about the situation. Dream responded with his own Twitter thread, writing that he is severely disappointed in John Swan for continuing to lie about him and very disappointed in all the commentary channels that made the narrative that he "slandered a small creator", and that he decided he will not talk about it anymore and should forget about it.
N-word usage accusation
On March 25, 2021, Geosquare, the moderator of speedrun.com, made an alternate account on Twitter and started to accusing Dream of using the N-word. He included screenshots of Minecraft and a NameMC, showing the username Dream with a skin of a ninja girl & the past usernames, showing the racial slurs usernames. He showed a video from a YouTube channel named "untrusted" of a person playing Minecraft Counter-Strike mod with his friends in 2017 and hearing somebody say the N-word, this leads to many people believing it was Dream and the drama starts to blow up, as well as other YouTubers such as Turkey Tom shared their opinion about that drama (although Turkey Tom believes his association with the drama comes from a miscommunication in which he jokingly told Dream to say the n-word).
Dream tweeted out on his second account, hinted that it was not him in the video, as he only bought the Dream account in 2019. He didn't explain this properly, as it is against the Minecraft Terms Of Service, but he then explained it properly on his private account. He also explained that the IGN "DeltaNinja" in the NameMC history wasn't him. Sapnap & BadBoyHalo defended Dream about that drama, BadBoyHalo even tweeted out on his second account that it wasn't Dream in the video, as he has known Dream for a while, and it didn't sound like him.
According to MC-Market, somebody named Ken sold the account "Dream" in February 2019 and Dream bought it. This proves that it wasn't Dream saying the n-word.
Before the drama went out, back in August 2020, a small YouTuber named DeltaNinja, made a video about a story how he got the username "Dream" before it was sold out to Dream in early 2019, stating that he got that from the old Dream who uses the account as a "DeltaNinja" back in 2015.
And when the drama spread out. DeltaNinja made a video debunking the controversies that Dream says the N word. He stated that it was the old Dream who he knew and who likes to say racial slurs and homophobic slurs. and that the old Dream and current Dream are completely different people. After it was explained, shortly after BadBoyHalo called out Geosquare for his false information on Dream, Geosquare deleted his alt account and then he apologized on his main for his wrongdoings doing a poor investigation about Dream "N-word" situation and for accusing Dream about it.
Dream had a long-since-deleted Reddit account, with the majority of the comments on that account being in the r/FakeCollegeFootball forum, it was revealed on April 6, 2021. Other subreddits, on the other hand, included some political comments that frequently backed Trump and mirrored some of his rhetoric.
Dream soon stating that before YouTube, he had shared the account with a friend/coworker, who had made the most of the political remarks. This was also supported by a comment on the account regarding the user's age not matching the age of Dream at the time. Due to his secluded upbringing in a red section of Florida and his homeschooling, Dream said that he held considerably more conservative beliefs than he does today only a few years ago. This changed only once he was exposed to a broader viewpoint via YouTube.
Chinese community interaction
A Chinese Dream fan tried to contact Dream on May 14, 2021, according to a post on r/DreamWasTaken2. Because Chinese citizens don't have access to Youtube without a VPN, some users of the Chinese version of Youtube (Bilibili) have started re-uploading Dream's video with Chinese subtitles.
As a result, Chinese user Skytra from the Bilibili channel SherkHol contacted one of Dream's previous Admins, Snake, and requested permission to continue doing so. Snake refused to call Dream, but said that if the Bilibili channels did not erase their translated content, Dream would copyright strike them. Snake was critical of Skytra in his remarks, comparing China to North Korea, among other things. SherkHol erased their content from Bilibili and prepared a video explaining what had transpired as a result of what they believed to be Dream's desires.
u/0v0katai, on the other hand, was dissatisfied with Snake's position and chose to approach Dream personally for confirmation. This is what prompted the author of the post to explain the issue and the resulting response among the Chinese community.
Dream responded by stating that Snake's opinions were not his own and allowing Chinese Bilibili users to re-upload his movies once more. Skytra responded after Dream's reaction, apologizing for spreading inaccurate information about Snake accidentally. Snake apologized on Twitter for misinterpreting Dream's general wishes for people re-uploading his material to YouTube, as well as for his personal remarks about the Chinese people.
HasanAbi was broadcasting on June 3rd when he came discovered a r/LivestreamFail article on Dream's former Reddit account and collaboration with Notch. He displayed these earlier comments, showing Dream was a staunch Trump supporter but also claiming Dream had subsequently altered his mind. Hasan also chastised Dream for collaborating with Notch, who has been accused of being anti-Trans and a possible white supremacist.
When Dream noticed this, he deleted the Notch-starring Manhunt. He then subtweeted Hasan on DreamWasTaken before deleting the tweet 5 minutes later and respectfully Tweeting about his thoughts on DreamHangout. He eventually joined Hasan's stream call, when he apologized for the DreamWasTaken subtweet. They chatted about politics and cancel culture, and the conversation concluded on a positive note, with Dream and Hasan following each other and Dream watching Hasan's streams for the next few days.
On June 9, 2021, hours after Dream released the animation of his song, "Mask", people on Twitter started to criticize him for "influencing" his audience to throw away the ADHD medication since in the animation, it shows Dream crying and throwing away his ADHD medication.
Dream mentioned in an interview with AnthonyPadilla before his song released, he told his fans to not throw medications away and that he was just expressing his own experience as a kid with ADHD and medication for it.
On August 23, 2021, Dream deleted the animated Mask music video.
Music drugs & "racism"
Dream then tweeted out to the backlash by saying "mom wake up the new dream controversy just dropped". A Twitter user called Lotts replied to Dream, stating that it's not controversy if it's his own experience, which Dream replied to.
they really be like: he visualized his personal experience as a kid with ADHD and medication for it?!? DISGUSTING 🎵drugs drugs🎵 AYO TURN THAT SH*T UP CHARLESDream's reply to Lotts
After Dream replied, people again started to criticizing and accusing Dream of being "micro-aggressive", "racist" & "anti-black" by allegedly equating drugs to black people & that saying "🎵drugs🎵" considered "racist" against black members of the community when in reality, he was making a point about music and drugs
A Twitter user named Armani shared their opinion about the Mask song stating that it was not a good song, which Dream replied to them saying that art is art and experience is experience, even if they don't like it. Armani then asked Dream through DMs to take down his reply to them because they were getting harassed by his fans over their opinion on his song.
I listen to rap too, people linking me saying -drugs- with music notes around it to rap music are off. Pretty much all music nowadays talks about drugs. The point isn't that it's weird, it's that art is art and experience is experience. even if you don't like itDream's reply to Armani
Dream took down two of the replies and went to his private Twitter account, apologizing for his reply as it could be "harmful" to black people and that he doesn't support any form of racism. People received the tweet with mixed reactions, which then people made the "#DREAM_OUT" and "#goodbye_dream" trend on Twitter.
In April 2022, a clip from a video titled "mlg cooking with BadBoyHalo!!!!!!111111!!!!!" resurfaced, in which Dream made an edit of the KKK, a white supremacist terrorist group. The original video was an edit of a video BadBoyHalo made, of him making soup. Dream addressed this on his private account, stating that he was "a dumb 14 year old" and that he wasn't a racist.
False doxxed face reveal
Images of an overweight individual started to emerge on Twitter in mid-2021, with people claiming that the person was Dream, and that his brother was used in Instagram photos.
Dream tweeted on his private account stating that the person wasn't him. On June 12, 2021, Dream tweeted out a Twitlonger on his second account with the misleading title "starting my onlyfans". Dream said that the person wasn't him and stated that he was "doxxed" before by his ex-girlfriend Sam leaking his face when it was just a photo of Karl Jacobs that he & Karl photoshopped as an obese guy. He also stated that he doesn't have Facebook, nor does his family. He said he had been eating a healthy diet and been in his house inside doing nothing other than working online for years. He also said that he wouldn't let his fans or haters force him into doing a face reveal, and that he has been planning to do a face reveal at a meet and greet event.
Dream was doxxed again in April 2022, after he stated that the odds being harmed from being doxxed was "astronomically small", and it wasn't worth worrying about. In another clip from the same stream, Dream called doxxing unacceptable.
- "LET'S GOOO!"
- "im out of prison!"
- "I wanna see white flags! White flags! Outside your base, by tomorrow, at dawn, or you are DEAD!"
- "This is war. We show no mercy! NO MERCY!"
- "I DISOWN YOU!"
- "Yeah, speedrunning to the toilet."
- "We're going on a trip, Illumina is shit."
- "ALL IS FAIR IN WAR, SAPNAP!"
- "Leave me alone!"
- "COME HERE GEORGE!"
- "OH GEORGE!!!!!!!!"
- "LEAVE ME ALONE!
- "I don’t give a FUCK about Spirit."
- "NOWHERE TO RUN! NOWHERE TO HIDE! YOU'RE A DEAD MAN WALKING!!"
- "UNDA DA TREE! BA BA BA BA! UNDA DA TREE! BA BA BA BA! I AM A DOG, UNDER A LOG, UNDA DA TREE! BA BA BA BA!"
- "LARRY? WHO THE FUCK IS LARRY?"
- "I'M CLUTCH! I'M A CLUTCH GOD!!"
- "GET IN THE BED!"
- "I'm a little pissbaby *laughs*"
- "I was using a spoon- I mean a shovel."
- "You can be my valentine if you want George!"
- "ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES!"
- "I got 15 piece chicken mcnugget combo on him"
- "Okay, Tomathy."
- "CUT THE FUCKING STEAK"
- "Mom, no, he broke up with me"
- "THERE HE IS! MY FAVORITE WHITE BOY"
- "You know we're surrounded by? hardened clay"
- "I'M OUT! HUG ME!"
- "LeT mE pUlL uP mY PhOooooooone *laughs*"
- "When the world needed him the most, he vanished."
- "I like one direction."
- "Do you want food? Do you want lamb?"
- "George is like a pussy."
- "DO NOT KILL ME!"
- "Just fix your fucking code, holy shit. You're so annoying, you suck at coding."
- "Everyone, Everyone, Everyone do the whop!"
- "Two batches? I'M DEAD!! OH MY GOD I'M STUPID!!"
- "Every kiss begins with gay."
- ""Will you have sex with me?" No, "Will you please reconsider?""
- "It's like me, but I'm hard."
- "I GOT THE FUCKING 8 BALL AGAIN! WHAT THE FRICK!"
- "Oh he's mad."
- "That was my keyboard, okay? I promise you."
- "NO YOU VILLAGER, YOU MOTHER-"
- "Guys! Leave me be!!!"
- He wrote two books years ago and stated that he might write again soon. He started planning out a book and wrote a few paragraphs in early 2019, however never finished it.
- He loves banana pudding.
- His favorite bug is the ladybug.
- His favorite flower is the rose.
- His favorite color is green.
- In January 2022, Dream revealed that his favourite Taylor Swift song is  .
- He is scared of heights.
- He has an iPad with "George is gay" engraved on it.
- According to his Twitter and on a stream, he has dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and freckles. He also stated that he doesn't wear glasses.
- On his Instagram, he posted pictures of him wearing merchandise, in which he showed his hair. His hair is short and appears to be dark brown in specific lighting and when wet.
- However, his hair is dirty blonde, leading to the speculation that the person in that photo is GeorgeNotFound and not actually Dream.
- On his Instagram, he posted pictures of him wearing merchandise, in which he showed his hair. His hair is short and appears to be dark brown in specific lighting and when wet.
- He almost met Sapnap in real life three times when they were in the same cities. The first time, they didn't meet because Dream was scared of Sapnap's mom.
- When he was 13 and Sapnap was 12, he blocked Sapnap on Skype over a Minecraft game, due to a misunderstanding of the rules.
- According to the Pottermore Sorting Hat Quiz, which he took on one of GeorgeNotFound's streams, his Hogwarts house is Slytherin.
- He has a PO box that fans can send things to. He did an unboxing video on his DreamXD channel, opening gifts he received from it.
- He claimed he met his friend and fellow YouTuber, GeorgeNotFound, in person for the first time on July 13, 2020, along with Wilbur Soot. It was also claimed that there would be a vlog made of the meetup which would be released on GeorgeNotFound's channel. Wilbur said that Clay was shorter than he expected.
- On October 2, 2020, it was revealed on his Twitter that he never actually met up with them and all his tweets regarding his trip were all a joke.
- According to his now-deleted Q&A video on his second channel, he is a very sensitive and emotional person.
- His Twitter account username used to be @Dreamwastaken, but was changed to @Dream in September of 2020.
- He once ate cat poo when he was a toddler.
- He was once taken to the hospital because a frog was stuck in his mouth (his father has a video of the event).
- He showed a picture on Twitter of when he was 10 years old, showing him on top of an alligator. This is one of the few known pictures of Dream.
- He was nominated for the 2020 tenth annual Streamy Awards in the Gaming and Breakout Creator categories. The Streamy Awards took place on December 13, 2020. He won the Streamy Awards in the Gaming category.
- He was obsessed with 
when he was younger and loved Greek mythology.
- His favorite Greek God is Poseidon.
- The smell of coffee makes him gag.
- His main Twitter account's and music channel's profile picture was made by @nyrazzz on Twitter.
- He taught himself how to code.
- He hit 1 million Twitter followers on October 9, 2020.
- He used to be a Technoblade fan. Saying that his first DMs with Techno on Twitter was about how he wanted to team up with Techno in Minecraft Mondays.
- The profile picture that Dream Shorts has almost the same as the profile picture of the main channel, except that his character is shorter.
- On April 26, 2021, the Dream Burger of MrBeast's fast food chain MrBeast Burger was released. It is a double smash patty with American cheese, lettuce, mayo, double pickles & extra bacon, topped with smashed avocado.
- On June 23, 2021, he shared his boundaries through his merchandise Discord. They are featured in the following image, and can be downloaded and shared.
- On August 18, 2021, Dream has surpassed DanTDM in terms of subscriber count, hence making him the most subscribed Minecraft-oriented YouTuber in history.
- He used to be a scooter and made a montages video of scooting tricks when he was young.
- He is unlabelled.
- His Minecraft Java IGN is "Dream".
- His known past IGNs include DreamAF.
- He co-owns and was previously a developer on BadBoyHalo's Minecraft server MunchyMC.
- He has a YouTooz collectible figure which is Dream's likeness with a smiley mask falling into water referencing the famous scene of him falling into the void and landing on a dissipating water stream in ‘Minecraft Speedrunner vs. 2 Hunters’.
- Dream has claimed the world record in Minecraft Any% Random Seed Glitchless for versions 1.9-1.15 three times previously, his most recent time beaten by user Korbanoes.
- He has appeared in the Minecraft Championships along with his friends GeorgeNotFound and Sapnap.
- In the eighth week on Minecraft Championships, he clutched his first victory from Dodgebolt, when he defeated HBomb94's team by an arrow shot.
- He has a friendly rivalry with the famous Minecraft YouTuber Technoblade. They both compete for being the "best" player in Minecraft, but they are good friends otherwise.
- On the MrBeast Gaming channel, he and Technoblade had a duel for $100,000 to see who was the best Minecraft YouTuber and Techno won, causing a lot of conflict with the YouTuber's fans. Dream and Techno decided to split the money before the duel. It is not known who came up with the idea.
- He used to be a developer on Skeppy's server, InvadedLands.
- The most frequently background music that was used for Minecraft Manhunt is Bobby Cole's "Trance Music for Racing Game".
- His old name was xxSkeptic23xx.
- 100 subscribers: February 26, 2014
- 500 subscribers: April 26, 2014
- 1,000 subscribers: July 13, 2014
- 10,000 subscribers: July 17, 2019
- 50,000 subscribers: July 27, 2019
- 100,000 subscribers: August 22, 2019
- 200,000 subscribers: October 2, 2019
- 300,000 subscribers: October 22, 2019
- 400,000 subscribers: November 1, 2019
- 500,000 subscribers: November 6, 2019
- 600,000 subscribers: November 7, 2019
- 700,000 subscribers: November 8, 2019
- 800,000 subscribers: November 10, 2019
- 900,000 subscribers: November 18, 2019
- 1 million subscribers: December 30, 2019
- 2 million subscribers: March 26, 2020
- 3 million subscribers: May 29, 2020
- 4 million subscribers: June 29, 2020
- 5 million subscribers: July 17, 2020
- 6 million subscribers: July 29, 2020
- 7 million subscribers: August 10, 2020
- 8 million subscribers: August 20, 2020
- 9 million subscribers: September 5, 2020
- 10 million subscribers: September 16, 2020
- 11 million subscribers: October 12, 2020
- 12 million subscribers: October 30, 2020
- 13 million subscribers: November 21, 2020
- 14 million subscribers: December 10, 2020
- 15 million subscribers: December 30, 2020
- 16 million subscribers: January 16, 2021
- 17 million subscribers: February 3, 2021
- 18 million subscribers: February 13, 2021
- 19 million subscribers: March 4, 2021
- 20 million subscribers: March 29, 2021
- 21 million subscribers: April 23, 2021
- 22 million subscribers: May 7, 2021
- 23 million subscribers: June 9, 2021
- 24 million subscribers: July 6, 2021
- 25 million subscribers: August 1, 2021
- 26 million subscribers: September 9, 2021
- 27 million subscribers: November 7, 2021
- 28 million subscribers: January 13, 2022
- 29 million subscribers: April 9, 2022
- 1,000 subscribers: August 30, 2019
- 10,000 subscribers: January 6, 2020
- 50,000 subscribers: April 4, 2020
- 100,000 subscribers: April 17, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: May 17, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: May 30, 2020
- 400,000 subscribers: June 9, 2020
- 500,000 subscribers: June 30, 2020
- 600,000 subscribers: July 11, 2020
- 700,000 subscribers: July 21, 2020
- 800,000 subscribers: July 26, 2020
- 900,000 subscribers: August 1, 2020
- 1 million subscribers: August 7, 2020
- 2 million subscribers: November 13, 2020
- 3 million subscribers: February 1, 2021
- 4 million subscribers: July 15, 2021
- 1,000 subscribers: November 26, 2019
- 10,000 subscribers: November 28, 2019
- 50,000 subscribers: January 23, 2020
- 100,000 subscribers: May 2, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: May 21, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: May 29, 2020
- 400,000 subscribers: June 20, 2020
- 500,000 subscribers: July 9, 2020
- 600,000 subscribers: July 24, 2020
- 700,000 subscribers: August 5, 2020
- 800,000 subscribers: August 13, 2020
- 900,000 subscribers: August 23, 2020
- 1 million subscribers: September 4, 2020
- 2 million subscribers: April 14, 2021
- 1,000 subscribers: January 12, 2020
- 10,000 subscribers: January 12, 2020
- 50,000 subscribers: March 12, 2020
- 100,000 subscribers: July 7, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: October 3, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: February 8, 2021
- 100,000 subscribers: December 28, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: January 13, 2021
- 300,000 subscribers: January 16, 2021
- 400,000 subscribers: January 24, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: February 9, 2021
- 600,000 subscribers: February 25, 2021
- 700,000 subscribers: February 26, 2021
- 800,000 subscribers: February 28, 2021
- 900,000 subscribers: March 7, 2021
- 1 million subscribers: March 17, 2021
- 100,000 subscribers: December 30, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: January 16, 2021
- 300,000 subscribers: February 5, 2021
- 400,000 subscribers: February 6, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: February 17, 2021
- 600,000 subscribers: April 20, 2021
- 700,000 subscribers: July 6, 2021
- 100,000 subscribers: February 4, 2021
- 200,000 subscribers: February 4, 2021
- 300,000 subscribers: February 5, 2021
- 400,000 subscribers: February 6, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: February 9, 2021
- 600,000 subscribers: February 17, 2021
- 700,000 subscribers: March 18, 2021
- 800,000 subscribers: April 29, 2021
- 900,000 subscribers: May 20, 2021
- 1 million subscribers: May 21, 2021
Video view milestones
- 100 million views: January 26, 2020
- 200 million views: May 22, 2020
- 300 million views: June 16, 2020
- 400 million views: July 4, 2020
- 500 million views: July 25, 2020
- 600 million views: August 8, 2020
- 700 million views: August 25, 2020
- 800 million views: September 11, 2020
- 900 million views: October 6, 2020
- 1 billion views: October 29, 2020
- 2 billion views: July 9, 2021
- 100 million views: December 3, 2020
- 200 million views: August 30, 2021
- 100 million views: May 10, 2021
- Dream announcing his new song, Roadtrip
- Jawsh's statement about stan culture
- Dream's response to Jawsh
- Jawsh's response to Dream's reply
- Dream defending his stans
- Hugbox's retweet
- Dream's response to Hugbox
- Dream Investigation Results
- Dream's tweet about Geosquare's video
- Dream revealing his modpacks folder
- r/statistics thread
- Dream's interview with DarkViperAU
- Dream revealing his modpacks folder
- Archived version of Dream's tweet addressing speedrunning
- Archived version of Dream's pastebin link
- Post on Twitter by Geo at https://twitter.com/Geosquare_/status/1399091868181348355?s=20, accessed on May 30, 2021.
- Zaptiee now-deleted tweet
- Dream revealing that he has written two books
- Dream stating that he had written a few paragraphs of a book but never finished
- Dream saying that he loves banana pudding
- Dream stating his favourite Taylor Swift song to be invisible string (43:52)
- Dream's "george is gay" iPad
- Dream announcing his new Twitter username, @Dream
- Dream confirming he has eaten cat poop as a toddler
- Dream saying that he loved Percy Jackson when he was younger
- Dream saying his favorite Greek God is Poseidon