Charles was born in Japan. He lives in Japan, where he is roommates with his friend Kat. He used to live with Joey (The Anime Man) but both have since parted their ways to work on their own goals.
Charles has two channels, one English channel, and another with his best friend Kat (Nyansai), called "Kat and Shine". He used to only have a Japanese channel, one in which he no longer uses. His Let's have some FUN in Minecraft (A Minecraft Parody of When Can I See You Again?) is his most viewed video. But he then deleted it due to other issues.
It can only be assumed his full name is Shine Tachibana as seen on his Twitter account.
He did YouTube part-time and worked on a manga with Kat (she draws the art while he writes) and he sometimes made T-shirts with Kat and sold them for extra-cash to support themselves.
However, in December 2016, he abandoned his Einshine channel to create a new YouTube channel called ShinePHD. On December 18, 2017, Shine announced that he was quitting YouTube. He stated his reason for quitting as YouTube was not a stable source of income and he had gotten a regular job.
On November 2, 2018, Charles deleted his ShinePHD channel, leading to speculation that that he had done so to avoid any pedophile allegations, but there is currently no clear evidence about said allegations.
Good Friends on YouTube
- Nyansai (Kat)
- Rachel & Jun
- Sharla in Japan/Sharmander (Sharla)
- The Anime Man (Joey)
- He is well-known to have an edgy personality.
- Shine has cosplayed several characters before, including: Byakuya Togami, Nagito Komaeda, Male!Umaru-chan, and Hajime Hinata. The first three cosplays can be found here while the last one can be found here.
- His dad is Japanese and he speaks only Japanese, based on a Draw My Life video, which was since made private on YouTube.
- His mother is German. In "Minecraft Armor in Real Life Video" his mother appears to speak English.
- He has lived in Alaska for one year.
- Shine insists that he is NOT an anime YouTuber, he has only made around 6 videos about anime in his YouTube lifetime.
- He dislikes K-pop. A lot.
- He bears similiarty to EXO's Oh Se-hun, at least that's what his K-pop fans say. It used to be a small meme on his channel.