emimusic is a YouTube channel formerly maintained by British multinational conglomerate EMI, which was at its time one of the big four record companies. However, EMI was broken up in September of 2012, with its music arm being sold to Universal Music Group for $1.9 billion.
Around March 8, 2013, emimusic became the unofficial #1 most viewed YouTube channel, surpassing Machinima. It maintained the #1 spot until December 29, 2014, when PewDiePie passed the channel. During it's reign, emimusic was the first channel to reach seven billion views.
From March 2011 to March 2014, emimusic's channel profile was unavailable to the public, rendering statistics during this time inaccessible. emimusic's #1 most viewed title was unofficial as it did not appear in YouTube charts for a time, possibly due to the channel's three-year unavailability period. RihannaVEVO took the official title as it passed Machinima on March 20, 2014, being then passed by PewDiePie on July 19, 2014.
emimusic's number of views peaked at 11.85 billion in November 2016, before the majority of it's views were purged, making it the largest view plummet in YouTube history.
The channel now has under three billion views and over seven million subscribers on YouTube being in the top 300 in both subscriber and view rank respectively.
Video View Milestones
- 1 billion views: December 25, 2010
- 2 billion views: September 5, 2011
- 3 billion views: May 27, 2012
- 4 billion views: February 17, 2013
- 5 billion views: November 10, 2013
- 6 billion views: July 12, 2014
- 7 billion views: December 8, 2014
- 8 billion views: July 11, 2015
- 9 billion views: November 12, 2015
- 10 billion views: April 28, 2016
- 11 billion views: August 13, 2016