Emily enjoyed drawing and anime as a child. She revealed in her scary older brother video that she wanted to take Taekwondo classes but her dad said it was too "boyish".
She was also clumsy since birth, according to one of her brothers, she had a cartoonishly big head and lead to her falling over multiple times when she was sitting (especially on elevated surfaces), which could explain her clumsiness. However, her clumsiness decreases when she wears high heels and she has never broken a bone in her life, albeit she sprained her ankle once on a banister when she was in 6th grade.
Gaining The Following
Her channel gained increased attention in May 2017 when her animatic "It's Not Like I Like You!" went viral.
- She has 2 older brothers.
- She worked part-time as a youth development teacher during college.
- She also once worked as a camp counselor for summer.
- Despite being of South Korean descent, she never learned to speak Korean growing up but can read it.
- She counts illustrator Arina Tanemura as one of her biggest inspirations.
- She is a self-taught artist.
- She was born in New York but moved to California during high school.
- Emily loves ice skating.
- She got the name "Clumsy Ox" from her older brother, due to her clumsy nature.