Flula Borg , better known by his stage name Flula, or DJ Flula, is a German techno DJ, engineer, actor, and YouTube personality. He currently lives and works in Los Angeles, California. Borg appeared in the film Pitch Perfect 2 in 2015 and also has roles in upcoming feature films. He has collaborated with many well-known YouTubers, such as Rhett and Link, Miranda Sings, Smosh, Jack Douglass, Turquoise Jeep Records, and Trisha Paytas, as well as celebrities such as Sir Mix-A-Lot, RZA, and Dirk Nowitzki.
Borg appeared in Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) as a leader of Das Sound Machine (also known as DSM), a European a cappella group competing against the Bellas in an international competition. He will also appear in WWE Films' Killing Hasselhoff, which features such actors as Ken Jeong, Hulk Hogan, and David Hasselhoff, set to be released in 2015. In addition, he has filmed roles in Honey Buddies, with David Giuntoli, and in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip, starring Jason Lee]], Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler, and Jesse McCartney.
Flula regularly posts videos on YouTube and his channel has amassed nearly 750,000 subscribers and 80 million total views since its launch in 2007. Some of his most popular videos are his vlogs, most notably "Jennifer is a Party Pooper", and his AutoTunes series, in which he records cover songs live in his car. His AutoTunes video with YouTube celebrity Chester See, a cover of "No Diggity" by Blackstreet, has over three million views and was nominated for a Streamy Award in 2014. Also in 2014, Flula's YouTube channel was listed on New Media Rockstars' Top 100 Channels, ranked at #69.
After releasing his single "Sweet Potato Casserole", he was listed at #3 on Billboard's Next Big Sound chart, while "Dirk Nowitzki, German Moses" coincided with the Dallas Mavericks' championship run in 2011 and was picked up by ESPN and other mainstream outlets. In 2014 he composed the theme song for Grace Helbig's podcast, Not Too Deep, and in 2015 he was chosen to create the theme song for The Grace Helbig Show on E! Entertainment Television.
Flula won the 2015 Streamy Award for Comedy in recognition of his humorous contributions on YouTube.
Collaborations with other YouTubers
Flula sometimes collaborates with other YouTubers, for example he appeared in Screen Junkies ' Honest Trailer for Pitch Perfect, and also appeared on the Screen Junkies show Flick Bait were he create live musical compositions based on popular movie quotes.
- ↑ The Accidental Tourist: Flula, a German DJ, gives tour for Allen City TV. Star Local Media (Allen [TX] American online newspaper) (2013-03-19). Retrieved on 2015-01-06.
- ↑ Sir Mix-A-Lot's 'Baby Got Back' Gets Auto-Tune Remix... In A Car. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. (2013-09-26). Retrieved on 2015-09-02.
- ↑ DJ Flula Borg Hypes Upcoming Festival With Google Hangout. Tubefilter, Inc. (2014-08-05). Retrieved on 2015-09-02.
- ↑ Dirk Nowitzki sings "Satisfaction" with German DJ Flula, Mavs cheerleaders. NBC Sports (2013-07-18). Retrieved on 2015-09-02.
- ↑ 'Pitch Perfect 2' Adds German YouTuber Flula Borg. Penske Business Media, LLC (2014-05-29). Retrieved on 2014-06-01.
- ↑ Game On, Pitches!. Entertainment Weekly & Time Inc. (2014-11-21). Retrieved on 2014-11-24.
- ↑ Rep Sheet Roundup: UTA Signs German YouTube Star Flula Borg. The Hollywood Reporter (2014-12-12). Retrieved on 2015-01-01.
- ↑ Meet the 'German weirdo dude' from Pitch Perfect 2. Entertainment Weekly & Time Inc. (2015-05-17). Retrieved on 2015-09-01.
- ↑ YouTube "About" page. Retrieved on 2015-12-31.
- ↑ 'Jennifer Is A Party Pooper': Flula Borg Has Some Questions About Your Bowels. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. (2011-11-08). Retrieved on 2015-01-09.
- ↑ 4th Annual Streamy Awards Nominees. Streamys. Retrieved on 2014-10-08.
- ↑ The NMR Top 100 YouTube Channels: 100-76!. New Media Rockstars (2014-12-30). Retrieved on 6 January 2015.
- ↑ Flula's Thanksgiving Rap: Sweet Potato Casserole 4 Life. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. (2011-11-22). Retrieved on 2015-01-09.
- ↑ Next Big Sound. Billboard (2011-11-26). Retrieved on 2014-04-04.
- ↑ DJ Flula's Nowitzki song can't be beat. ESPN.com (2011-05-18). Retrieved on 2014-04-04.
- ↑ Listen to "His Name Is Dirk," your new Mavericks anthem. Yahoo Sports & NBC Sports Network (2011-05-12). Retrieved on 2015-01-09.
- ↑ DJ Flula Creates Clutch Theme Song for Helbig. E! Entertainment Television, LLC & NBCUniversal (2015-04-03). Retrieved on 2015-05-19.
- ↑ Streamy Awards 5th Annual Nominees. Streamys. Retrieved on 2015-09-02.
|This page uses Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported-licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|