|“||Hi, I'm Nate! I make music about anime and video games and other stuff I like. I hope you like it, too. If you do, be sure to subscribe!||”|
―Give Heart Records
Nathan "Nate" Smith (born: March 1, 1989YouTuber, musician and gamer. Currently, his channel is known as Give Heart Records.), better known as NateWantsToBattle or Nathan Sharp, is an American
Nate's most well known username was derived from the Pokémon series of games by Nintendo. Combining his name, "Nate", with a phrase Pokémon trainers say when they spot you, "__ wants to battle!" he named his channel "NateWantsToBattle."
Nate is well known for his music videos, such as parodies and English covers of anime theme songs, as well as many original songs. Before his YouTube career, he was a music tutor, and also used to tune up guitars. He's also been a member of a few different bands.
For the most part he records every part of his songs, including both vocals and instrumentals.
He is primarily a singer, and has played quite a few different instruments, which are as follows:
- March 1, 2017 - Sandcastle Kingdoms
- June 1, 2018 - Paid in Exposure
- October 26, 2020 - What You Want
Cover and Fanwork Albums
- May 26, 2015 - Mangled
- October 31, 2015 (rereleased 2018[?]) - Five Nights at Freddy's
- March 1, 2016 - Songs of Time
- April 4, 2016 - Bad Time
- June 7, 2016 - Genesis
- October 3, 2016 (rereleased April 20, 2020[?]) - Thnks Fr Mr Cvrs
- October 20, 2016 - The Greatest Master
- August 3, 2017 - Enjoy the Show
- May 10, 2019 - Five Nights at Freddy's (Ultimate Collection)
- Remake of the 2015 Five Nights at Freddy's.
- November 10, 2019 - Happily Ever After
- February 11, 2020 - Gotta Go Fast
- November 28, 2014 - Mangled
- January 19, 2015 - The World (from "Death Note")
- March 17, 2015 - Kuusou Mesorogiwi (from "Future Diary") [feat. Amanda Lee]
- March 18, 2015 - Blank Page
- March 21, 2015 - Salvaged
- July 31, 2015 - Home
- August 6, 2015 - This Is the End
- January 25, 2016 - Irresistable (feat. AmaLee)
- February 1, 2016 - Ashes
- February 3, 2016 - Promise Me
- July 14, 2016 - One Reason
- October 29, 2016 - Enjoy the Show (feat. Jacksepticeye)
- March 31, 2017 - Blood and Ink
- August 25, 2017 - Let Me In
- November 9, 2017 - Heathens (feat. Christina Vee)
- December 21, 2017 - Madness
- January 31, 2018 - Delete Me
- May 28, 2020 - It's Terror Time Again (from "Scooby Doo on Zombie Island")
- June 5, 2020 - Stay the Course (feat. CG5)
- July 8, 2020 - Kuusou Mesorogiwi (from "Future Diary") [feat. Amanda Lee]
- December 17, 2020 - No Reason To Lie (feat. AmaLee & CG5)
Nate has two main channels; his original and primary channel (currently Give Heart Records, previously NateWantsToBattle) and a secondary channel (currently NateWantsToBattle, previously NateWantsToBattleGames). He also has a third channel called NateTCG, where he hosts videos which feature opening Pokémon card packs.
The primary Give Heart Records channel was renamed to feature other artists on the label, but is still used for Nate's music videos. The secondary channel is now used for other content, but it still houses older gaming content from before it was repurposed.
He also had a collab channel with Dookieshed called NateandDookie. They used to upload every day, but as of January 2018, they have discontinued this channel.
Natemare is the name fans have given to the character Nate portrayed in the music video for Mangled. Fans also speculate that he appeared in Emperor's New Clothes, as well as most of the songs from the Sandcastle Kingdoms album. These are only fan-created headcanons, and have never been confirmed by Nate himself.
Phantom is a character that appears in one of Nate's newer songs, Phantom, in which he makes a rookie magician sign a contract to help improve their magic. However, the contract is actually a curse which causes the aspiring magician to be trapped within Phantom's staff.
NateWantsToBattle also has a Discord server, which can be joined using this link. Members can ask questions, and often get them answered immediately along with meeting new people who have the same interests.
- In 2019 released a FNAF VR: Help Wanted song titled "Obsolete, " following which he released an updated album containing remastered versions of all of his previous FNAF songs. He has also released a new album in 2020 that is entirely horror themed, including songs based on FNAF, Bendy and the Ink Machine, Hello Neighbour, and more! As these are his most popular types of songs and the kind he enjoys making, these are notable contributions.
- Nate posted a song he wrote called "Here Right Now" on Tumblr, before he made the NateWantsToBattle channel. It is highly loved by the community.
- The song he changed the most was "Mangled", revising it 3 times.
- Nate's song Enjoy The Show featuring Jacksepticeye was his first collaborative FNAF song with another YouTuber.
- He sang "Limit Break x Survivor" for FUNimation's English Dub of "Dragon Ball Super".
- Nathan's album “Paid In Exposure” reached #11 on Billboard and #3 on iTunes in alterative rock.
- In November 2018 Nate announced that he sang the Beyblade Burst Turbo official opening theme song, Turbo.
- His more popular songs are mostly about the game FNAF (Five Nights At Freddy's).
- Nate is half Korean, as mentioned in a livestream for MatPat 's series GTLive.
- Nate used to be in a band called "Count Me In" from 2009-2011.
- In January 2018, Nate and voice actress Cristina Vee announced they were engaged. However, in August of the same year, they announced they had split up.
- In a Q&A, Nate said the female anime character he relates to the most is Konata from Lucky Star.
- It was also stated that he has a sweet tooth.
- Nathan's first music channel was NathanSmithMusic89 and his gaming channel was NathanSmithGaming.
- Before NateWantsToBattle, he went by NateWantsToJam.
- Nate has made numerous amount of channels in the past. They can be found by commenting "NateWantstoWiki" on the discussion tab.
- He has voiced for TeamFourStar as Zach for their Final Fantasy Machinabridged and has appeared in their mustache song.
- He has voiced Link, and another character for Heroes Never Lose.
- He voiced Yoshichika in Funimation's English Dub of "Luck and Logic".
- He voiced Marcel in FUNimation's English Dub of Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack On Titan).