Alex started doing YouTube in 2013, and he used to make FIFA videos and other gaming videos. In 2016, he started to do commentary videos, mostly on other YouTubers or people. He gained popularity very fast especially in December 2016 and January 2017 when he gained 65,000 subscribers in two months. As of July 2019, he currently has gained 1.6 million subscribers and 188.8 million views.
- 1 Million Subscribers: December 14, 2018.
James Charles and Slazo
In June 2019, James Charles was accused of being predatory to straight men by Tati Westbrook. At the time of James' video, "Tati" still being available, there was not enough information about the situation, but due to the allegations, ImAllexx and many other YouTubers decided to side with Tati, not realizing they didn't have his side of the story. In his video, "My Experiences With James Charles," he claimed that there was a lot of "evidence" that proved that he was guilty of it. A week later, he made a video defending James Charles called "Defending James Charles" after James' video, "No More Lies" came out of him debunking the allegations. However, this was never brought to light until June 19.
On June 19, 2019, Slazo's ex-girlfriend, Chey, came out to Tumblr and made a post, explaining that she had a relationship with Slazo, but the relationship was toxic including her claiming that Slazo was a rapist. Due to this allegation, YouTubers like ImAllexx, Kingani, and Weest came out for their support of Chey. However, when Slazo debunked these allegations and showed evidence that Chey's allegations were a lie, ImAllexx and many of his friends still sided with Chey and made various tweets, defending Chey and claiming Slazo was "manipulative". Many of the people later noticed he jumped into conclusions when he talked about James Charles, only fueling the fire ImAllexx had started.
This resulted in ImAllexx and his friends (including Chey) to get extreme backlash, with YouTubers such as LtCobra making a Twitter video calling out ImAllexx, stating for him to "take a big fat Fortnite L". The last tweet that he made about the situation was him defending himself from Keemstar, claiming "I have not called Slazo a rapist Keem and you full well know that I have not once referred to him as a rapist. Saying I have is simply untrue", ignoring the fact that he implied in his tweets that he thought Slazo was one.
The drama surrounding him because more evident when the podcast series, Baited (featuring Keemstar, Colossal is Crazy and the return of Tommy C's SFTP) uploaded a podcast where all three hosts criticize ImAllexx for his manipulative behavior on YouTube, which lead Keemstar into becoming angry and venting his dislike for Alex on the podcast. This also caused YouTuber Kavos to make a video calling out ImAllexx again, knowing that both had drama once before. As of July 2019, ImAllexx has not made a video about the situation and has ignored the backlash surrounding him.
- There are several things that are memes and/or jokes on his channel
- His tongue - one that seems to be larger than average;
- Him drinking bathwater, that may or may not be dirty;
- That he makes 50k a month;
- As mentioned before, him making +10 minute videos out of small things like a photo.
- Due to the backlash surround him, he has been dubbed as a "snake" many times by people, including Baited, who made a parody of this in their thumbnail.
- He came out as bisexual in his video #ProudToBe With Chris Ray Gun.
- Before that video, he opened a video once saying "Hello, ImAllexx and I like d---", in which he was very slightly joking.
- After this, he has mentioned and confirmed his sexuality many times in his weekly podcast co-hosted by James Marriott, "The Camp Cast".
- Alex jokingly calls himself "Internet Sensation", which is also the name of his merch.
- Alex has a large Lego StarWars collection along with a love for the franchise.
- Contrary to popular belief, Alex and Kavos are not arch-rivals and are actually on good terms.
- They both made 1 video on each other back in 2017, but haven't mentioned each other in a bad way since.
- During his 2nd channel stream on February 6th, 2019, Kavos answered someone asking: "Opinion on ImAllexx" saying he's happy someone like Alex is doing so well on Youtube and said there's this weird thing that people think they have beef, but they actually don't.
- Kavos also said in a WHO-video that he wouldn't mind meeting up with people he made videos in the past, with Alex being one of the people mentioned.
- Alex is roommates with Memeulous, and lives close to other commentators such as WillNE, iNabber and James Marriott.
- Alex and George got evicted in the week February 18 - 24, 2019 due to constant issues with their downstairs neighbors and stated they were in the middle of moving out in the video Youtube Is Over.
- Alex likes chicken nuggets.
- Alex is dubbed to be apart of the "Commentary Crew".
- Alex has a large fangirl fanbase.
- On the channel S2W - the second channel of Will - in the video Top 25 Youtubers of 2018 he joked about Alex dating Youtuber Kingani.
- They dated in 2017, even having a channel together that reached 16,000 subscribers before it was deleted due to them breaking up.
- He is a SoundCloud rapper under the name Lil Revenue.