Jared Dines (born October 6, 1989YouTuber best known for his covers and music-related comedy videos. In addition to his YouTube career, Jared Dines is also a musician. He is the former vocalist for the band Dissimulator, and is formerly the drummer for the band Rest, Repose, and took over on guitar after a lineup change. Though he has recently quit this role because of the band wanting to tour for 4-6 months a year.) is an American
He uploads metal covers of non-metal songs, music-related comedy and original videos.
Djent 2017 Incident
In 2017 he was scammed while making a video known as 'Djent 2017', where he commissioned a 17 string guitar from Nicholas Olson of 'Olson Guitarworks', who claims to have built numerous guitars in the past. He paid over $1,200 for the guitar to be made, however he found out that Nicholas had actually ordered it from a Chinese website (which he never named) and it only cost $400 and the photos that Nicholas was sending him of him 'building' the guitar was actually chopped up pieces of a door. Olson Guitarworks has since ceased production and deleted all social media accounts. Jared eventually got his 17 string guitar but posted a video of himself on Twitter and Instagram destroying the guitar.
He eventually went along with his 'Djent 2017' video but changed it to using 17 Guitars.
In 2018, a real Australian guitar company named 'Ormsby Guitars' reached out to Jared and built him a real 18 string guitar for 'Djent 2018' and it was unveiled at NAMM 2018.
- He is capable of playing several instruments, including vocals, guitar, bass guitar, and drums.
- He taught himself in production and currently works as an engineer in a recording studio.
- Dines released his own solo EP called 'The Dark' on September 26, 2016.
- He is often mistaken as Jarrod Alonge due to their series of videos uploaded onto Dines' channel.
- His first recording studio was named Joes Studio, after his cat, Joe.
- He is most well-known for his video '10 styles of metal' that went viral on several different social media platforms.
- He is the creator of the teehee meme.
- He was originally the drummer for his band Rest, Repose but after a few lineup changes after the departure of their bassist Josh, he switched to guitar.
- In 2018, Jared filled in on guitar for Matt Heafy of Trivium while Matt returned home from tour for the birth of his kids.
This page was created by XG65 on December 20, 2014.