Greenberg started performing publicly at an early age. In an interview she recounted her performance of Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" at age four while on a trip to St. Tropez to an audience at the Hotel Byblos. "I requested 'Can’t help falling in love with you' by Elvis and the performer asked if I’d sing it. I remember being so excited." She later explained the effect of seeing the 2003 Jack Black movie School of Rock had on her musical interests, "I remember that changing my view of music completely. I started listening to AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers … and I realized how much I loved rock music." Greenberg also cites Jimi Hendrix as "one of my biggest inspirations".
Greenberg began posting cover recordings of songs on YouTube in 2010 at age 15. In December 2012, Greenberg was selected as the Female Artist of the Month on the Star Central magazine's website. She also won Ryan Seacrest's "Totally Covered Summer" competition in August 2013 for a cover of "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk. Greenberg also drew significant attention for her cover of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" posted in August 2013.
Greenberg states that as much desire she has "to be a [professional] musician", she intends to study economics at University College London.
As of November 2015, Greenberg's YouTube channel had over a million (1,011,000+) subscribers and her videos had over 107 million views.
- Reception and review
In August 2014, Greenberg's cover of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, was posted by the online version of Sports Illustrated as "the best-looking Metallica cover you'll see today". Then in October 2014, Greenberg was featured on the website for Guitar World magazine for her covers of Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" and "Whole Lotta Love" with "solos and all" in association with the release of the remastered version of their album, Led Zeppelin IV.
Greenberg was featured in a March 2015 story in the Metro UK magazine by Caroline Westbrook. Westbrook commented that Greenberg, then 20, had accumulated over 70 million views on YouTube and was on her way to becoming an "internet star". She commented on the attention that Greenberg had received over her attractive looks, but said that it's Greenberg's talent that has kept her in the spotlight.
- ↑ Confirmation of birthdate, twitter.com (December 20, 2013) (tweet from Greenberg confirming birth information)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Female Artist of the Month – December 2012. Retrieved on December 1, 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jess Greenberg, la niña que se transformó en una tigresa en YouTube (Spanish) (March 12, 2014).
- ↑ Congratulations to Totally Covered Summer Winner, Jess Greenberg! (August 19, 2013).
- ↑ Jess Greenberg: chitarra, voce e scollatura fanno impazzire il web (Italian). L'Huffington Post (July 30, 2013).
- ↑ The Breast "Highway To Hell" Cover Of All Time (August 29, 2013).
- ↑ Introducing YouTube sensation, Jess Greenberg. Retrieved on July 25, 2014.
- ↑ Meet Chanteuse Jess Greenberg. Retrieved on December 1, 2014.
- ↑ About. Retrieved on November 29, 2014.
- ↑ The Best-Looking Metallica Cover You'll See Today. Eyes on the guitar!! (August 16, 2014).
- ↑ Jess Greenberg Covers Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" and "Whole Lotta Love". NewBay Media. Retrieved on November 29, 2014.
- ↑ "Is this the next big internet star? Jess Greenberg clocks up millions of views with acoustic covers on YouTube", METRO UK, 31 March 2015. Retrieved on 18 April 2015.
|This page uses Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported-licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|