Karl Jacobs was born on July 19, 1998. He grew up with a sister named Corry and a brother named Sean, who is also known as 'Jimmy Jacobs'. In high school, Karl played tennis and soccer, was the head of the debate team, and started a gaming club. He has said he is on the asexual spectrum, and has ADHD and autism. He has a cat named Grey. Karl had been attending college, and 5 weeks before he was to graduate he had been offered a job with MrBeast. This led to him dropping out of college and taking the opportunity.
- See also: Karl Jacobs on the MrBeast Wiki
Karl was originally a camera man for MrBeast, and could sometimes be seen in the background of his videos. After Jake The Viking left the crew in 2020, Karl became an on-screen member. He has since then participated in many different challenges, commonly being mocked for coming in second place so often. Karl is still a part of MrBeast and has been recently featured in videos. He seems to be closest with Chris and Chandler, often being seen hugging the two and also kissing their cheeks on the occasion.
- See also: Karl Jacobs on the Dream Team Wiki
Karl gained popularity from MrBeast, and soon was invited to join the Dream SMP. He first joined the server on August 26, 2020. Karl gained a large following from joining the Dream SMP, and he is very well liked among the fans.
During the Manburg v. Pogtopia war, Karl is seen switching sides often between Manberg and DreamSMP. After the war that blew up Manberg, Karl seems to join El Rapids (previously known as Mexican L'manberg) which was founded by Quackity, Sapnap (Co-founder), and GeorgeNotFound (member). He is also known to be friends with Nihachu on the server, and seemingly has a rivalry with Ranboo.
Karl's character has an interesting role in the lore. With his series, Tales from the SMP, Karl is seen to be a time traveler trying to correct the past. There have been many different stories to this series showing different time periods all contributing to the canon lore.
Minecraft Championship is a Minecraft tournament for YouTubers and streamers run by the Noxcrew, in which ten teams of four compete in a series of eight minigames decided by the participants. A point multiplier makes each game worth more as each round passes, incentivizing teams to vote for games they might be bad at early on in the event. In the end, the two teams with the most points face off in a round of "Dodgebolt" to decide the winner of the tournament. This makes it possible for a team to win despite potentially having fewer points than the runner-up.
Karl joined on MCC11 and has joined 2 MCCs.
- MC Championships 1-10: Did not participate.
- MC Championships 11: Fuchsia Frankensteins. Teamed with Dream, GeorgeNotFound, and Sapnap. Placed 34th individually and his team initially placed second overall. However, they won Dodgebolt, thus crowning them the winners for MCC11.
- MC Championships 12: Did not participate.
- MC Championships 13: Mint Mistletoes. Teamed with Fruitberries, GeorgeNotFound, and Ludwig. Placed 32nd individually and his team placed eighth overall.
- MC Championships 14-16: Did not participate.
- He used to play Roblox before becoming a Minecraft player.
- Karl has been a part of the AustinShow's Love Or Host.
- During Quackity's Love or Host, Karl is in the call teasing him and asking Alex to choose him instead of Minx.
- Karl enjoys watching the show Survivor, the franchise High School Musical, and various cartoon shows such as Code Name: Kids Next Door.
- After many frequent visits to Bath and Body Works, Karl has encountered and 'simped' for a girl the fandom (and Karl) only knows as Candle Girl.
- Karl has stated in a tweet on his alt that he is "scared of dogs and loves cats with his whole heart".
- Quackity and Karl had a surprise meetup in early December of 2020 that had only lasted about two days, which the fans had gotten one stream out of.
- They then met up once again with AustinShow in early March of 2021.
- Sapnap and Karl met up and they stayed together for around a week. They streamed almost everyday while they were together. Despite being in quarantine, Karl clearly stated they were completely safe and Sapnap was only there for work.
- While in an airbnb with the MrBeast crew, Karl is seen outside with a gaming setup and street lamp to stream Minecraft and Five Nights at Freddy's.
- Karl won MCC 11 while having 1329 coins, which makes him the MCC champion to have the least number of coins.
- His Hogwarts house is Hufflepuff.
- Karl is a fan of South Korean girl group TWICE.
- Karl used to be a host on a channel called Cartoon Overload where he discusses about Cartoons with guests in a podcast format.
- Karl owns a MrBeast group on the game Roblox.
- Karl stated he is on the asexual spectrum, but not fully asexual.
- He is 5'11" (181 centimeters) tall.
- Karl has red-green colorblindness.
- ZERO PEOPLE LISTEN TO KARL! (after losing a round of Among Us, despite knowing the impostor's identity)
- What the honk?
- No CHANCE!
- It's Nimrod November, Gogy.
- That just doesn't sound like something I'd do.
- Meow..! (before leaving a call)
- Honk me daddy... shouldn't have said that out loud.
- Shut your mom! Shut your entire mom! Your entire mom is shut! Oh my God your dog water. Your wieners built like a TicTac. Oh my God.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 100,000 subscribers: December 4, 2020
- 200,000 subscribers: December 11, 2020
- 300,000 subscribers: December 14, 2020
- 400,000 subscribers: December 16, 2020
- 500,000 subscribers: December 18, 2020
- 600,000 subscribers: December 21, 2020
- 700,000 subscribers: December 27, 2020
- 800,000 subscribers: January 1, 2021
- 900,000 subscribers: January 9, 2021
- 1 million subscribers: January 23, 2021
- 2 million subscribers: May 8, 2021