Lindsey Stirling (born: September 21, 1986) is an American YouTuber, violinist, dancer, composer and artist who implements the style of Dubstep Violin or simply fusing dubstep with violin music. She was first seen as a semi-finalist in the talent show "America's Got Talent".
After her elimination on the show, she made songs and uploaded them on YouTube. Her most prominent song is "Crystallize", which currently has over 174 million views. In total, her channel's videos have received over 2 billion views.
She collaborated with various artists and YouTubers like John Legend, Christina Perri, Kurt Hugo Schnider and many more. She currently has 3 albums. Her self-titled album (Sep 25, 2012), Shatter Me (April 29, 2014) and her latest Brave Enough (Aug 19, 2016).
In 2017, she took part in ABC's "Dancing With The Stars" cast.
Her YouTube channel, which started on May 20th 2007, remains very popular and contains her collaborations with various artists. As of May 2019, her channel has gained over 11.6 million subscribers, making it the 127th most subscribed YouTube channel in the United States.
- She is a Mormon.
- She was diagnosed with anorexia
- Her song "Shatter Me" is basically the story on how she overcame her eating disorder.
- According to her in ABC's "DWTS", dancing helped her get out of many depressing times in her life.
List Of Subscriber Milestones
- 1 Million Subscribers: November 11, 2012.
- 2 Million Subscribers: April 5, 2013.
- 3 Million Subscribers: August 30, 2013.
- 4 Million Subscribers: January 9, 2014.
- 5 Million Subscribers: June 20, 2014.
- 6 Million Subscribers: January 18, 2015.
- 7 Million Subscribers: September 17, 2015.
- 8 Million Subscribers: May 5, 2016.
- 9 Million Subscribers: February 18, 2017.
- 10 Million Subscribers: November 11, 2017.
- 11 Million Subscribers: October 13, 2018.