|“||Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare.||”|
Michael Reeves (born: November 20, 1997YouTuber and former software contractor who is known for making content about technology and programming. He is also a member of the streamer group Offline TV, which consists of four other creators, with Pokimane being one of the most recognizable. Michael Reeves is also known for dating Twitch streamer LilyPichu, a member of Offline TV.) is a American
Prior to his YouTube career, Michael struggled academically in high school, to a point where he realized that he needed to be able to do something in order "not to starve," so instead of improving his grades, he turned to learning how to code, to the ire of his parents and his school guidance counselor.
After graduating from high school, he became a full-stack software contractor for the government of Hawaii, working on various software applications while studying computer science at the University of Hawaii.
Michael made his first video in 2017 named "The Robot That Shines a Laser in Your Eye" which blew up immensely. This was because of him gaining traction via the r/shittyrobots subreddit. Following this, Michael started making C# programming tutorials but stopped after just three episodes. These kinds of videos weren’t getting as many views as his first video got, so he began creating videos similar to his first video; making ridiculous creations that do ridiculous things.
Living with William Osman
In late 2018, Michael moved in together with fellow comedy inventor William Osman and his wife Chelsea in California after William's house burned down during the 2017 wildfires in southern California. They would often collaborate with each other, appearing in each others' videos. One notable collaboration was the "Taser Machine Fixes My Swearing Problem" video, which was the start of Michael's obsession with using tasers in his videos. At some point, both Michael and William were evicted from the house, possibly due to their crazy invention shenanigans or other undisclosed reasons. William moved into a new house afterwards, and Michael stayed there for a while, as seen in his "I Let a Twitter Bot Decorate My Room" video and William's "Pushing A Roomba To Its Limits" video. Michael eventually parted ways with William, and moved in into the OfflineTV house, albeit not yet an official member.
Joining Offline TV
In December of 2019, amidst many rumors of Michael spending a lot of time with Offline TV members, Offline TV officially announced on its YouTube channel that Michael has joined the group. During the first months in the group, Michael was/still is known for using words such as “quirky” and calling Lily Ki (known online as LilyPichu) a “boomer.” Lily addressed on a stream that Michael used the term “quirky” so much that other members of Offline TV began using the term as well. In February 2020, Michael began dating Lily. Lily and other members of Offline TV confirmed this on their live streams. A video that centered around Michael making a surgery robot pushed him past 4 million subscribers and even 4.5 million subscribers. In a LilyPichu stream, shortly after surpassing 4 million subscribers, she surprised Michael with a message in their Minecraft hardcore world and also with Fedmyster and Pokimane coming with a cake that congratulated him on getting 4.2 million subscribers.
On June 17, 2020, Michael officially started streaming on Twitch with him playing Minecraft and Valorant with Offline TV members and other friends. A stream or two later, Michael would start streaming him coding for upcoming projects. On June 28, Michael streamed him coding with Disguised Toast, giving him challenges and teaching him how to code.
The following is an non-exhaustive list of projects that Michael has done in his YouTube videos or Twitch streams, both on his channel and on others.
|Face Detection Laser System||Languages
||Available on BitBucket||The Robot That Shines a Laser in Your Eye - Michael Reeves|
|DIY Laser Turret||Languages
||Available on BitBucket||DIY Laser Turret Part 1 | The Hardware - Michael Reeves|
|The Annoying Machine||N/A||N/A||N/A||The Annoying Machine | Channel Update - Michael Reeves|
|Alerting Subscriber System||Languages
||N/A||The Subscriber Robot - Michael Reeves|
|The Most Useful Robot EVER MADE (YouTube Buddy Turret)||Languages
||N/A||The Most Useful Robot EVER MADE - Michael Reeves|
|Dangerously Powerful Confetti Cannon||Languages
||N/A||Dangerously Powerful Confetti Cannons - Michael Reeves|
||N/A||I Built The Stupidest Gun In The World - Michael Reeves|
|A Machine That Lets You Play With Cats||Languages
||N/A||A Machine That Lets You Play With Cats - Michael Reeves|
||N/A||Ruining My Day With Voice Recognition | Hacking Alexa - Michael Reeves|
||Available on BitBucket||Taser Machine Fixes My Swearing Problem - Michael Reeves|
|Voice Activated Hot Dog Blaster||Languages
||N/A||Voice Activated Hot Dog Blaster - William Osman|
||Available on BitBucket||Using a Hacked Bop-It to Fix Hawaii's Missile System - Michael Reeves|
||N/A||A Robot That Shoots Energy Drink at You When You Get Tired - Michael Reeves|
||N/A||Electrocuting My Muscles to Force me to Dab - Michael Reeves|
- CSS with SASS
- HTML with Bootstrap
- Lua (Minecraft ComputerCraft)
- ASP.NET MVC 5
- ASP.NET Core Web API
- Boston Dynamics Spot SDK (Teaching A Robot Dog To Pee Beer)
- Entity Framework
- Microsoft .NET
- He has been dating LilyPichu since February 2020.
- He is 5ft 4in (163 cm) tall
- He is of white and Filipino descent.
- When asked if he could speak Tagalog, he said that he could not. His mother would always tell him "tagtagari" which is "you're too loud" in the Ilocano language, which is commonly spoken in the Ilocos and Cagayan Valley regions of the Philippines.
- In an OfflineTV unboxing video, he received a nose flute typically played in the northern Philippines.
- He was born on November 20, 1997. He and LilyPichu share the same day and month of birth.
- His sign is Scorpio, his birthstone is Topaz and Citrine, and his birth flower is Chrysanthemum.
- He is allergic to amoxicillin.
- Before YouTube, he worked for the government as a software contractor, but as he says in the video "MICHAEL REEVES JOINS OFFLINETV," "...somewhere along the way it just all went wrong, and now I make YouTube videos on the internet for kids."
- He attended the University of Hawaii and the University of Northern Arizona.
- Presumably after a collaboration with William Osman involving using tasers as a negative reinforcement for his swearing, his videos show him as very fond of using tasers, and likes to use them on his friends.
- He owns a bicycle, which was briefly seen in the garage at the Offline TV house.
- He had been "gang-tased" before by CallMeCarson and his friends, Lunch Club when they "robbed" the OfflineTV house.
- He typically posts videos anywhere from one month to four months apart.
- His profile icon was originally a screenshot from his first video, but it was later replaced by a drawing of the same image.
- He used to mock his favorite sex toy in each of his videos; and even made it talk to the camera in some videos.
- His famous quote "Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare." may be a reference to The Eric Andre Show.
- "Nightmare. Nightmare. Nightmare."
- "We homie stock those."
- "No. Bad! Shit! Bad!"
- "You gonna Mc-cry? You gonna Mc-piss your pants?"
- "Ok, Boomer."
- "I'm the Elon Musk of bad ideas if Elon Musk was a 3-foot tall Filipino and dumb."
- "And all that movement was controlled by the code I wrote. Don't worry, I'm not going to show it, everyone thinks it's boring so we—PSYCH! I don't give a shit what you think, look at this dynamic-ugh bounds detection routine that is fucking SICK!"
- "Oh, boom! Fuck you, Da Vinci Robotics!"
- "I hate every single one of you."
- "I just really needed, like test subjects for videos and now I have like what, six, seven, eight of those fuckers? Do you know how many people I could taze???"
- "Your idea is bad and you should feel bad."
- "I have depression."
- "And that's social interaction and I don't support it."
- "BEES BEES BEES THAT'S A LOT OF BEES SAID MICHAEL! AAAAAAAUUUGGHHHHHH!"
- "I don’t give a fuck or a frick or a flip."
- "Unfortunately creepy does not equal racist."
- "Today’s the day you die, Eddy, the second most important day of your life." ["What’s the first?"] "September 4, when The Boys Season 2 premieres on Amazon Prime.”
- "Remember, stay in school, smoke crack, fuck you Da Vinci Robots, bye."
- "Among Us?"
- "All my height went to my cock."
|This page uses Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported-licensed content from Wikipedia.|
[view page] [view authors]