Craig Joseph Thompson (born: January 7, 1995YouTuber. Craig was born in Dubai, and later moved to both Singapore and Northern Ireland at a young age. He currently resides in Texas.), better known online as Mini Ladd, is an Emirati-born Northern Irish
Craig created his channel on May 12, 2011. He mostly uploads multiplayer gameplay videos, including (but not limited to) Golf It, Cards Against Humanity, Reddit Videos
In mid-2018, Mini Ladd was playing Mario Kart 8 with subscribers. He received a $20 tip from a viewer, who praised his content but wondered how come he didn't play with YouTubers like VanossGaming. He responded, "Because I don't play GMod anymore. That's all he does."
Around the same year, Mini Ladd's dog, Mochi sadly passed away while they were at Insomnia 62, Mini Ladd did meet Terroriser at the event and they discussed what was going through their heads at the time, they would not meet again until E3 2018, this would be when things suddenly turned sour between the two.
In April 2019, during Mini Ladd's 12th Meme Stream, he was given a clip that was submitted by a viewer that was the song "Shave my Balls". While he watched it for a short time, he eventually skipped the video stating that "it's probably copyright" and claimed that he was kicked out of their chats, but shortly after he took back that statement.
Later in the stream, he wanted to clear some things up, he said that all the group did was play Garry's Mod and Fortnite and talk negatively about other YouTubers, Craig admitted that he didn't like that and broke away from the group. He said that he had "never felt better" and had a stronger community and that he was pulling in more views and that he was "a lot more happier as a human".
During Brian's Minecraft stream on YouTube called Mine-Cracked Out of my Mind! Diamond Hunting :D (Minecraft Livestream #3) he was asked why they don't play with Mini anymore. He also explains how he too outgrew the group GoodGriefing who he used to play with yet dealt with it in a different manner, instead of badmouth the people he used to play with like Craig did. He also says Craig didn't get kicked out of the chat, but that he left willingly on his own. For full details on it, Brian's explanation starts at 21:46 and ends at 24:05.
On August 27, 2019, Craig posted a tweet on his official Twitter and his Instagram account admitting why people think that he hated everyone he used to play with and his mental health struggles. He admitted in the tweet the following reasons. As of November 2019, both of these posts have been deleted.
The clash regarding him and Terroriser was in June 2018, during E3 was that Terroriser said nasty things about Craig in-person, and joked about his mental state at the time, presumably after the sudden death of his dog Mochi. He said that Terroriser said to him that he was too "fucked up in the head to take a joke anymore" He admitted that if they wanted to sort things out in the hopes that he would apologize but got no response, he had also tried reaching out while staying at I AM WILDCAT's home asking to fix it with no response either.
He claimed that Brian had been making out that he now hated everyone that he used to play with. Craig denied these rumors as false as he had admitted that he had WILDCAT and Fourzer0seven at his home a few weeks ago and had stayed at WILDCAT's home a few months ago.
Mainly people assumed that after he stopped collaborating with Evan (Vanoss) that the two had fallen out. Craig responded to these long-lasting rumors, he admitted that although he doesn't play with Evan anymore, He mentioned that he is still good friends with Evan and that they they still meet when Craig is in the Los Angeles area. This most likely dispersed the rumors regarding Evan and Craig having a disagreement together. He stated that he is going on tour with BigJigglyPanda like he would, and that he would like to think that he is still friends with everyone. He admitted the only person that he is not friends with is Brian and that he didn't appreciate him saying he went off and ditched everyone.
Finally, he admitted that all friends come and go and although him and Brian made some "banger" videos they just sadly drifted apart, he admitted that he still wishes Brian the best of luck in his future and his adventures. Soon after he posted his admissions regarding the situation he was going through, Terroriser responded with the following statement.
Brian replied: "And I wish you all the best too Craig, but that “quote” is pure slander. Accusing me of making fun of mental health is just wrong Craig. There’s more information you’ve omitted from this whole thing in order to paint a certain picture in the public’s eye. Kinda low.”
Craig followed up his response to Terroriser: “It was a near quote. That's the whole reason I stopped the conversation at the 3BD party is because that comment. You know about my mental health struggle and that was a stab in the gut. If you really want to sort this, DM me."
Brian replied for a final time: "That is a nowhere near quote Craig. Your reason for your actions the day before was “my dog just died” and my reply was “Craig, my dad just died but it doesn’t give me an excuse to mistreat others because of my personal issues”, you can’t tweet this out and then ask for DM."
Two days later, on August 29th, Terroriser made his statement on the situation and what he had experienced with Craig. It all started when Terroriser joined in on a joke about Mini's Ferrari, and then it continued when he made a joke about peeing in his pool. However, it explained that Craig was bothered by this, and proceeded to invite everybody from the "Vanoss crew" to dinner, except for Brian and his girlfriend. Craig attempted to excuse his actions by blaming the passing of his dog, to which Brian replied that his father just died but it's not an excuse to mistreat others because of his own personal grievances. The same statement responded to the accusations that the "Vanoss crew" were "shit talkers": "As for the “shit talkers” that he presented the group as, we have talked about other Youtubers, as people do. People speak about other people, Youtubers speak about other Youtubers. Was it all good? No. Was it all bad? No. But that’s because people have different opinions about lots of things. Many times we would discuss things happening in the YouTube scene and some would have opinions others might not have, but to paint us purely as gossipers isn’t right. We spoke about other Youtubers with no ill will towards them but more as water cooler talk. To be honest the vast majority of our talk was about ourselves within the group chat and talking shit to each other. We would plan recording sessions and speak about upload times so we don’t upload videos at the same time as one another."
Craig and Brian both prefer to keep this private. From the looks of things, it is unlikely that they will play together again. Additionally, the two were nominees for "Content Creator of the Year" for the Esports awards. Though the two didn't see each other as Brian was too ill to go.
In November 2019, Mini would go on to claim in a vlog that he and Brian had patched things up at the recent concert held by Vanoss , stating "I got to finally meet up with Brian; we're figuring things out. You know, we talked backstage at Evan's show and we shook hands, and we're gonna work on it. I miss the dude, and it's good to see things coming together.". In the beginning of 2020, Brian refuted Craig's claims of them patching up, as when he was asked about Mini, Brian stated "I don't work with Mini after he tried to publicly oust me for something I didn't do and didn't say..." adding "I know he made a video saying we're patching things up which is not true. I feel like he says things in order to, kind of get flak off his back."
On June 10, 2020, Craig made an apology addressed towards Brian on Twitter, as well as to his fans. A few weeks later, Brain said during one of his streams that he still doesn’t have any kind of contact with Craig.
Homophobic and racist language
Amid his beef with Brian, several screenshots emerged showing older tweets with homophobic and racist language used by Craig. At the moment, the tweets still exist on his Twitter and can be found easily.
Sexual misconduct allegations
On June 23, 2020, two women on Twitter named Halley and Ash came out about Craig manipulating them in his 20s while they were underage. Soon after, his ex-girlfriend SuniDey also came out stating that their relationship was "extremely toxic and manipulative," and addressed false rumours that he had raped her. Craig then made an apology on Twitter on June 25 where he admitted to his behaviour and said he would get therapy, he then took an indefinite break that lasted until August 12th, 2020.
After Craig's first upload back, he received lots of negative feedback since he barely addressed the real reasons as to why he took the break and claimed that he just took another mental health journey like he did in January 2020. Additionally, the video was of him playing Minecraft, which many people thought was his attempt at getting more children to watch him.
Craig would not formerly address the situation on YouTube until September 4th, 2020 when he uploaded "clearing the air". In the video, he briefly addresses his sexual assault allegations, as well as recent allegations started by miles!! on Twitter revolving around his inappropriate behavior at Camp17, a summer camp in August 2017 where he, Terroriser, and BasicallyIDoWrk met with some fans.
Soon after miles!! made her initial tweet about Craig, Terroriser responded to the post, apologizing for Craig's behavior on his behalf.
Despite tons of dislikes and negative comments, Craig would continue to post videos on his channel and not talk about the situation for the next three months until December 7, 2020 when he suddenly stopped uploading.
Since confessing to these allegations, his editor Ty Widdas has quit working for him, he appears to have stopped working with the Thirst Project, his major sponsorship deal with City of Derry RFC was ended under his own request and his first music album was indefinitely pushed back. While most of Craig's collaborators have not discussed the matter, it likely that they have disowned him as well, as he has only made solo videos since.
On December 28, 2020, he uploaded "My Apology", where he addressed most of his initial allegations head on, and stated that he would see his viewers in 2021. The video was at first received positively, but as more and more commentary videos were made on it, the reception became negative. Craig was accused of cropping out messages from screenshots and thanking his PR team for writing the script in the video. One of his victims, Halley2364, uploaded a video called "Moving on, the Damage is Done." where she said that she doesn't accept Craig's apology, although she appreciates him for making the video, and asked people to not talk about it anymore in order to not make it worse for Craig, Halley and other people who Craig apologized to.
After his apology, he stopped uploading, however has showed signs of returning. On February 22, 2021, Craig was approached by a man who worked for an online paparazzi group, who questioned him with general things, such as his current mental state and whether he is planning on returning to YouTube. Craig claims that he is taking an extended break from YouTube, however he also claimed that he would return "when the time was right". The interview was uploaded the day after on February 23, and was met with a negative response, one for Craig's plans on returning to YouTube, as well as the interviewer's lack of touch on the situation. However, Mini Ladd's Twitch account was permanently banned on the same day as this interview was uploaded, making it unlikely that he will return to the platform.
On June 23, 2021, after one year since the allegations, Craig returned to YouTube on his second channel, Craig Thompson. His return initially received a positive response from viewers, with most of the praise going towards his weight loss transformation, with Craig losing 37 kilograms (87 pounds) within a year. Nonetheless, he's been reported to have abandoned his main channel, with some of his older videos being privated or deleted, most notably all of the videos made after the allegations, besides "clearing the air" and "My Apology". Eventually, those two videos ended up being deleted on March 11, 2022. Craig's Twitter account has been blacked out, with all tweets, replies, images/videos and likes being deleted. All that remains on Craig's Twitter is his bio, which simply says "Outside." After a couple of weeks, Craig's videos would begin to receive more dislikes as viewers began suspecting that he was attempting to cover up the sexual misconduct accusations. Since his return to his second channel, the average like-dislike ratio is 23:27 (for every 23 people who like his videos, 27 people will dislike it) as of September 2021. On October 4th he returned to his main channel via a live stream. This was met with a mixed, albiet slightly better reception, however many people still say it's much too early for his return and his channel still should be terminated. Many people especially think Craig might have timed his return to be shortly after CallMeCarson's return, which was massive at the time and recieved with an extremely positive reception, in order to make his own return as unnoticed as possible (at least by his critics), although as time went on, it became more positive. Despite this, his first video after returning to the main channel only garnered a fraction of views from his apology video, with the following videos getting even less views, indicating that, even with his numerous comeback attempts, people still haven't forgotten about his past actions, and, as a result, he continues to lose subscribers.
- He was born in Dubai and later lived in Singapore, Thailand, and Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland before moving to the USA, where he resided in LA before heading to Oregon and then back to LA, he would move to Texas soon after where he currently resides.
- He is 6 feet tall.
- The name "Mini Ladd" originally came from an old gamertag he had and his friends in Northern Ireland used to do. Each would add "lad" do the end of their gamertag. Since there were two Craigs in their friend circle, he was referred to as "mini" instead of as he is younger, hence the name Mini Ladd.
- This led to his fanbase joking about him being a midget.
- In November 2011, he was featured on IHasCupquake's channel as her "Gamer of the Week".
- His neighbors in his old apartments in Los Angeles constantly gave him noise complaints, which was an ongoing joke in his channel. When moved into his LA house, the joke has transformed into light complaints due to him leaving certain lights in his house on.
- On 17 February 2017, he got hit by a Toyota Tacoma that ran a red light and ended up in the hospital for 4 days due to a cracked spleen. He had to use a walker that he nicknamed "Walker White" for several weeks. One of his friends Jay was also hit and received much more severe conditions but is on the road to a full recovery.
- He went to a secondary school called Foyle and Londonderry College.
- He is one of the youngest people in the world to go skydiving, having gone at the age of 8 in New Zealand.
- He played rugby through high school but now has back problems because of the strain the sport put on him and the injuries he received. Later though, he agreed a sponsorship with the City of Derry's Rugby team and a stadium is named after him as the Craig Thompson Stadium. However, as of August 2020, the stadium is being re-named after he lost the sponsorship due to recent controversies.
- On 20 August 2017, he entered a relationship with Twitch streamer SuniDey. However, as of the 11th of January, this has ended. As stated above, Suni saw the relationship as manipulative, which is most likely why she left Craig. Even though Craig initially denied it, he later admitted it.
- In multiple Drunk Higher or Lower videos, he drinks liquor from the northern Irish brand Bushmills, which he also claims that he lived 30 minutes from the distillery in Northern Ireland.
- On 10 February 2018, he and girlfriend SuniDey went out to the airport to get their new nine-week-old Samoyed puppy Mochi. Unfortunately, on 29 March 2018, Mochi passed away due to choking on something and couldn't bring it back up while both Mini and Suni were at Insomnia. Craig and Samantha said their last goodbyes on 31 March 2018.
- Mini Ladd's beef with Terroriser had a huge effect on the future growth of his channel, as he stagnated at 5.74 million subscribers between September 2019 and June 2020.
- Mini took a 2 - 3 month break, and during the break he moved back to Los Angeles, California.
- One of his famous running gags was torturing former editor Ty Widdas with drums, cymbals, and snares. Almost every time he did this, he would eventually stop due to the possibility that his editor might leave him. Coincidentally, because of the harassment cases, Ty stopped any future editing work with him, leaving this gag completely unusable.
- Since the sexual misconduct information came to light, Craig has lost over 900,000 subscribers.
- Mini Ladd's clothing website was hacked and was replaced with information over his sexual misconduct allegations.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1,000 subscribers: December 12, 2011
- 10,000 subscribers: February 19, 2013
- 50,000 subscribers: July 28, 2013
- 100,000 subscribers: October 14, 2013
- 500,000 subscribers: May 23, 2014
- 1 million subscribers: October 31, 2014
- 2 million subscribers: July 22, 2015
- 3 million subscribers: April 17, 2016
- 4 million subscribers: May 30, 2017
- 5 million subscribers: September 3, 2018
- Below 5 million subscribers: October 6, 2021
- 500,000 subscribers: December 12, 2018
- 1 million subscribers: August 16, 2019
|This page uses Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported-licensed content from Wikipedia.|
[view page] [view authors]