|“||Yo guys what's goin' on, and welcome to...||”|
|“||That's all for today and see ya.||”|
―Simon's old outro
Simon was born in Hemel Hempstead, a large town in Hertfordshire, England. He has two older brothers called Nick and Johnny. Simon attended Berkhamsted School, a private/independent school in his local area, alongside KSI. They met around age 12/13 and have both said that they initially disliked each other and had a physical fight in class. Their teachers stepped in and attempted to force them into an unlikely friendship. This ultimately worked and they have been best friends since.
Simon achieved one A*, two A's and nine B's in his GCSE's in 2009. However, he failed to get good A-Level results in 2011 so didn't manage to get into his preferred university. He ended up taking a gap year in the 2011–2012 academic year and even travelled to Ghana for two months when he was 19 to teach football to the locals. In the summer of 2012, Simon went traveling around the East Coast of America and stayed in six states. Upon returning to the UK the next month, Simon began studying criminology at the University of Hull.
Simon met TBJZL when he was helping JJ film a video in London in November 2012. Tobi was long-term friends with Zerkaa and the four of them went out for a meal together at Nando's and got on very well. From JJ, Simon was inspired to create a channel of his own. He dropped out of university just three months into the term (after not enjoying the mass amount of theory on his course) and was then working on JJ's clothing line, Beast.
Simon is a long-time fan of Leeds United F.C as his mother's side of the family is from there. He has also stated that he supports Watford F.C and Manchester United F.C.
Simon posted his first FIFA video in December 2012 just before quitting university. Simon has stated that the "mini" part of "Miniminter" was in reference to his height when he was younger. It is also believed to be a reference to him being the youngest of the 3 children in his family. He often makes a joke claiming the "mini" part was in reference to his penis, something which has not necessarily been proven to be untrue.
In April 2013, Simon did his first collaboration video with Deji. Around a year later, he moved into the original Sidemen House with three other members of the Sidemen. At this point, he had only known Vik for a couple of months. Simon posted his first group video in March 2014; a crossbar challenge with various other YouTubers. After this, Simon's subscribers blew up to around 150,000.
He moved into the second and final Sidemen House alongside with Vik, JJ and Josh in 2016 until January 2019 when all members were moving out. He currently lives in a shared flat in London with JJ.
On Simon's main channel, he used to predominantly make FIFA and real life football videos as well as vlogs, Question and Answer sessions, Sidemen vine reactions and P.O. Box package openings. More recently, his main channel consists of Reddit videos, lifestyle videos, quizzes/gameshows, challenges and reaction videos.
On his second channel, he would mainly posts Grand Theft Auto V and Cards Against Humanity videos, as well as numerous other "random" games with the Sidemen. A large proportion of his real-life videos were collaborative challenges with other members of the Sidemen, such as patience tests, quizzes, football challenges and more. As of 2020 his second channel includes gaming videos, such as Among Us, FIFA etc, and reaction or challenge videos.
Simon captained Sidemen F.C in the charity football match against the YouTube Allstars on 3 June 2016 in Southampton. He was positioned as a striker, scored three goals and got a hat trick with it - one of which was from the halfway line which the cameras failed to film live as it was so unexpected. This was considered "the goal of the game" and was one of the most talked about events of the match on Twitter that night. Since then he has kept the ball used in the match as a memento. He also captained the second match on 21 May 2017.
Simon was accused of having a one-night-stand with AshleyMarieeGaming whilst the Sidemen were away in 2015. This was often brought up in Cards Against Humanity matches. Simon denied the accusations, although there was supposedly enough evidence to suggest they were truthful.
In 2016, after months of speculation, Simon revealed his car to his viewers. It was a red Range Rover Evoque which he still owns. He bought a Tesla Model X in November 2017, however he sold it as he said it did not really work for him while he was living in London.
In 2017, Simon began hiring a cameraman called Jordz. Jordan is a close friend and also a small YouTuber. Since late-2017, he has been in a relationship with Talia Mar, an English YouTuber and singer, however this was not confirmed until sometime in 2018.
2015 Twitter Hack
In 2015, Simon was hacked on his Twitter along with W2S and KSI. Simon ultimately came off the luckiest during this incident. Although the hacker(s) tweeted offensive comments while pretending to be Simon, as well as the aforementioned Bashurverse incident, nothing of note was used personally against Simon himself. Bashur did (unsurprisingly) block "Simon" from commenting on the Twitch feed after he received the offensive comments. He lifted the ban upon realising Simon was hacked.
After the incident, Simon tweeted a photo of himself thanking @BudyBear for returning his account to him, and assuring his followers that he was definitely back in the flesh.
Beef with Deji
On August 5, Deji "jokingly" announced he wanted to join the Sidemen. Miniminter called him out, saying they didn't want him and that Deji should join Team 10 instead. This triggered Deji, who started to rant about how awful the Sidemen are and how they're on life support. This started a war-within-a-war between Deji and Simon.
Deji uploaded a diss track targeting the Sidemen group as a whole (despite only having beef with Simon via Twitter) on August 11. He "roasted" all five remaining members of the group. Simon responded the same day, uploading his own diss track titled "KSI'S LITTLE BROTHER - DEJI DISS TRACK".
Simon uploaded a "reaction video" to Deji's Sidemen diss - alongside Vik, Josh, and Ethan - on August 11 (the day Deji originally uploaded it and a few hours before Simon uploaded his own aforementioned diss track). Deji subsequently "reacted" to Simon's diss track on 13 August.
On August 20, Deji uploaded a second diss track directed solely at Miniminter, called "Ungrateful". Despite criticizing the track due to its "weak bars" and false information, Simon said he would not respond to any more diss tracks.
Commentary Channels Beef
In April 2019, on an episode of the What's Good Podcast, Simon goes in on his dislike of Commentary Channels. Simon said during the podcast "they make an entire career basic on slating people". Simon would then go on and mention some explains of Commentary Channels including JaackMaate and ImAllexx.
Several member of the commentary community spoke out, including Memeulous who made a video responding to Simon. A few months later, Simon appeared on the Happy Hour Podcast where they talked about the beef. As off now the two have squashed the beef with each other.
James Arthur Drama
Before KSI's song, Down Like That released, Simon tweeted "To those that said I'd never make it, my friend has a song with Rick Ross". When James Arthur responded to Simon with, "Probably cost 150k minimum through yeah". Eventually Calfreezy got involved with the drama, starting a back and forth with each other. A few more YouTubers and fans got involved including W2S, INabber, Eleanor Neale and JaackMaate.
James would announce that he would be leaving Twitter, with the following tweet, "Have to be honest some of the things I read on here go a bit toot far and quite frankly fuckin hurt, if that was your goal you win Maybe I should have thicker skin at this point I don’t know but either way this is my last tweet, I’m loggin off. Peace out Twitter friends". This would end the beef between the two.
- "Jheez okay!"
- "WHAT? Hehehehe!"
- "Hell yeah!"
- Simon is the third most subscribed Sidemen member after KSI and W2S.
- Simon's favorite color is red.
- Simon's shoe size is apparently 12.
- Simon has two brothers.
- Simon is the second oldest Sidemen being only 3 days younger than Zerkaa who is the oldest.
- Simon has known KSI since Year 7 but they did not become friends until Year 8.
- Simon was one of the creators of the Sidemen.
- Simon has been accused of having a one-night-stand with AshleyMarieeGaming whilst the Sidemen were away in 2015. This is often brought up in Cards Against Humanity matches. Simon denies the accusations, although there is enough evidence to suggest they are truthful.
- Simon the youngest member of his family, with two older brothers.
- Simon supports Leeds United because his Mum's side of the family are from Leeds.
- Simon wears a ring on his pinky finger as it is a Minter family tradition.
- Simon had a Tesla Model X and a Range Rover, however he sold it when he moved to London as it was going to be a struggle for him.
- Simon and some of the Sidemen (Vikkstar123, KSI and Zerkaa) live in the Sidemen house.
- Simon confirmed in SIDEMEN ANSWER THE MOST SEARCHED GOOGLE QUESTIONS that he is vegetarian.
- In the video I FINALLY DID IT!, Simon gets laser eye surgery.
- In the video SIDEMEN CONFESSIONS, Simon states he has 1 share in Dominos Pizza.
- Simon is also good friends with Roman Kemp as they went to the same school and were in the same year. This was explained in more detail in this episode of the What's Good podcast.
- Simon was sued by a meat company after he claimed he was a vegetarian and was arrested by the Metropolitan Police due to a lawsuit being filed against him. He later was found not guilty.
- Simon has a yellow belt in Karate.
- Simon joined the Nopixel GTA Roleplay server on 21st May 2021, where he roleplays a character named Peter Shufflebottom.
- Simon runs and maintains the MoreSidemen channel.
- Simon wears a ring on his left little finger because of a tradition within his family (as stated in his second "Googling Myself" video and in a "Would You Rather" with Fangs).
- Simon is the only one of the Sidemen whose original Xbox Live gamer tag was completely different from his typical online identity; on Xbox, he was known as 'Real Nimrod'.