|“||Hi, I'm Nate! I make music about anime and video games and other stuff I like. I hope you like it, too. If you do, be sure to subscribe!||”|
Nate, better known online as NateWantsToBattle, is an American YouTuber, Musician, Vlogger, and Gamer. Nate's username was derived from Pokémon, a popular game created by Nintendo. He added his name, "Nate" with a phrase trainers in Pokémon say when they spot you, "[...] Wants to battle!" And so, he named his channel "NateWantsToBattle."
Nate currently established over 1.3 million subscribers as of November, 2018, and over 350 million views on his YouTube channel, first joining the site on February 13th, 2012.
Nate is very well known for his music videos, whether it being parodies or English covers. He's been in a few bands too. Instruments he's used are as follows; acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mini-harp, mandolin, ocarina, Spanish guitar, drums, piano, and keyboard. He also sings frequently. Before his YouTube career, he was a music teacher and he used to tune up guitars.
On March 1, 2017, Nate released his first original album, Sandcastle Kingdoms.
Nate has two main channels; his original channel and a second channel called NateWantsToBattleGames.
NateWantsToBattle is used for music videos like it always has, while NateWantsToBattleGames, is used for Let's Plays and video game related content in general.
He also has a collab channel called NateandDookie with him and Dookieshed and uploads mostly every single day. His ex-girlfriend, Morgan Want, also has a gaming channel.
He's friends with Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Matpat, and the Game Grumps
- In a Q&A he said the anime female he relates to the most is Konata from Lucky Star.
- It was also stated that he has a sweet tooth.
- His more popular songs are mostly about the game FNAF (Five Nights At Freddy's).
- From October 28 to 31 he released 4 FNAF Videos to signify he is done with the FNAF videos and to promote his album.
- The song he changed the most was "Mangled", changing it 3 times.
- He has voiced for Team Four Star as Zach for their Final Fantasy Machinabridged and has appeared in their mustache song.
- He has voiced Link, and another character for Heroes Never Lose.
- He has voiced Yoshichika in FUNimation's English Dub of "Luck and Logic".
- He has voiced Marcel in FUNimation's English Dub of "Shingeki no Kyojin", better known as "Attack On Titan".
- He sang "Limit Break x Survivor" for FUNimation's English Dub of "Dragon Ball Super".
- He has been in a previous band known as "Count me in". Can you find the legendary songs and old pics of Nate from his days back when he was in the band?
- Nate has made numerous amount of channels in the past. If you can find them comment "NateWantstoWiki" on the discussion tab (Hint: look for their music channel first).
- He is in a ship with MatPat from GameTheory. People call them NatePat.
- There is a legendary song sung by Nate before he made the NateWantsToBattle channel over on Tumblr. The song is called "Here Right Now" and it is highly loved by the community.
- In November 2018 Nate announced that he sang the Beyblade Burst Turbo official opening theme song.
Nate's evil alter ego "Natemare" first appears in "Monster Inside", where Nate sings about A “monster” inside of him. Natemare's most popular appearances were in "Mangled" and "Emperor's New Clothes", as well as appearing in most of the songs from the "Sandcastle Kingdoms" album.
Phantom is a character that appears in one of Nates newer songs "Phantom" in which he has a rookie Magician sign a contract to use magic better, although the contract is actually a curse causing the aspiring magician to be traped in Phantoms staff.
NateWantsToBattle also has a discord, which can be joined using this link. Members can ask questions, and often get them answered immediately along with meeting new people who share the same interests.