|“||Alright, what's going on everybody, welcome back to another video here on the channel.||”|
Nathan, better known online as Optimus (also known as Lil' Optimus or OptimusGames, formerly known as ROBLOXandCODvids), is an American commentary YouTuber, Rapper and streamer. He is most known for his opinions on the gaming industry, viral videos, Internet culture, and popular gaming franchise Call of Duty.
Nathan currently lives in Ohio. It is widely speculated that he is Jewish, but he has repeatedly denied this. Much of the speculation comes from his extremely curly hair.
Nathan started his YouTube channel on April 4, 2012 under the name ROBLOXandCODvids. His content, most of which has been made private, initially revolved around clips of him playing ROBLOX and commentating Modern Warfare 3 gameplay using an iPod Touch to record. For years, he made content that was generally aimless, and as a result, has been removed from public view. Nathan hit 1,000 subscribers in the summer of 2016, and was stuck around that milestone for over a year until August 2017.
On July 17, 2017, he uploaded a video titled, "Why I Now Hate Game Theory", which eventually garnered a few thousand views before MatPat of Game Theory reacted to it in an episode of GTLive. This caused the video to go viral and helped Nathan gain over 10,000 subscribers. His growth plateaued for a few months going into 2018.
In early 2018, a few more videos went viral, including "The Day That Minecraft Died", which all contributed to his channel hitting 100,000 subscribers in August 2018. Since then, his content has shifted towards commentary.
In 2019, Nathan grew his channel to nearly 500,000 subscribers and had amassed a total of about 90 million total views. He surpassed 100 million total views around the end of February of 2020 and hit 1,000,000 total subscribers on October 25, 2020.
- Nathan is circumcised, as confirmed by a response to a fan's tweet on February 26, 2020.
- Nathan is a fan of Call of Duty and creates content based around that. The amount of Call of Duty-related content has dramatically reduced to nearly being retired altogether.
- Nathan is commonly compared to a larger channel, Birdman, due to their similarities in content.
- Nathan's Twitter often is updated with his thoughts on rap music and gaming topics.
- Nathan is followed by rappers Lil Nas X, Ugly God, redveil, Cordae, and followed by PIVOT Gang producer Daedae.
- Nathan's Twitter is followed by controversial conservative comedian Steven Crowder.
- Nathan has almost died in rush hour traffic.
- Nathan is 'parrot-gender', a fact about himself he revealed in "People Now Identify as Cats and Dogs LMAO"
- Nathan competed in a charity based Minecraft Tournament called MC Ultimate with Youtuber Calvin.
- Nathan runs a podcast with Cyrus, diesel patches and Scrubby called podcst.
- Nathan was comedically sponsored by adult toy company Adam & Eve in "The Youtube Community is Under Attack"
- Nathan often portrays himself as basketball legend Michael Jordan.
- Nathan is a fan of Miami-based sports teams, including the Miami Hurricanes, Miami Dolphins and Miami Heat. He tweets about them often.
- Nathan is heavily inspired by Kanye West and claims to be a stan.
- Nathan jokingly ran for president of the United States in 2020. He made a video saying that he won.
- 50,000 subscribers: April 24, 2018
- 100,000 subscribers: August 16, 2018
- 500.000 subscribers: February 2, 2020
- 1 million subscribers: October 25, 2020
Video view milestones
- 100 million video views: February 23, 2020
- https://twitter.com/SubToOptimus/status/1193182137656266752?s=20 Optimus on Twitter, Nov 9, 2019
- https://twitter.com/Nukagurl/status/1232587311566557184 Optimus on Twitter, Feb 26, 2020
- https://twitter.com/SubToOptimus/status/1306290716948262915 Optimus on Twitter, Sep 16, 2020
- https://twitter.com/SubToOptimus/status/988849878695661568 Optimus on Twitter, Apr 24, 2018
- https://twitter.com/SubToOptimus/status/1029992249684320256 Optimus on Twitter, Aug 16, 2018