King Liang (born: February 4, 1999YouTuber best known for smashing electronic products. Most of his videos involve smashing a certain product with humorous skits. He runs a series known as 50 Ways to Break, where he smashes a certain electronic product using 50 short clips. The first two clips are of King dropping the product dry then dropping it in water, with the next 47 clips being humorous skits involving smashing the product. The final clip is of him smashing the product with a sledgehammer 50 times. King also runs another series called Bored Smashing, where he finds the most dangerous ways to smash a product.), better known online as Plainrock124, is an American
He is also known for being a fan of Nintendo as well as an Apple fanboy (or an iSheep). King started his YouTube channel on August 24, 2011. He is of Chinese descent, Being Chinese, his family believes in the "good luck bad luck" idea as made very clear in his video about his dad taking his license plate off of his Tesla because it had the number 14 on it. He currently resides in Flagstaff, Arizona as seen and heard in some of his videos. As mentioned in "MY NEW CAR (A Boosted Board?!)" he is 5'6, or 167cm tall, his weight is around 124 lbs at the moment. As mentioned in BORED SMASHING: Tesla Model S, he mentions that he likes Windows 7. In another Q&A video, it is also mentioned that if he was a Windows fanboy, his favorite Windows version would be 10. This could prove he formerly likes Windows nowadays. He also started as a Viner who gained a decent following.
He also has a series called "Moving On" where he upgrades from products he already owns, some examples are iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Camera, Apple Keyboard, and Mouse. He has also made a moving on car edition and house edition. He also has a second channel named PlainrockVlogs created on January 25th, 2015, and now has almost 650K subscribers and due to the lack of vlogs being produced due to quarantine has started to slow in gaining subscribers but still gains a good amount. He has said if he ever stopped YouTube he would become a game dev, But also made it very clear it wasn't coming anytime soon.
Plainrock124 is a YouTuber who mostly creates videos named "Bored Smashing" on YouTube. He lives in Flagstaff, Arizona (with his parents). He has also made a few videos for school. He is a college dropout, Nintendo and Apple Fanboy.
- Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2016 w/Touch Bar
- Editing Software: Final Cut Pro
- Photo Manipulation Software: Pixelmator
- Main Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T7i
- Main Camera Microphone: RODE Video Mic Pro Plus w/Rode DeadCat VMPR+
- Vlog Camera/Secondary Camera: Sony RX100 VII
- Slo-Mo Camera/Underwater Camera: iPhone 11 Pro
- "Hey, guys!"
- "Welcome to Bored Smashing!"
- "Aya, King you die right now! (King's Mom)"
- "I do all sorts of videos that require some or a lot of production value!"
- "But Plainrocky123, you're Asian! That means you must overachieve everything at school!"
- "What piece of technology are you destroying?"
- "Where did you get it from?"
- "Does it work?"
- "When will 50 ways to break a (Thing) come out?"
- "Why isn't it the same click!"
- "Thank you guys for watching, comment like and subscribe, and I'll see you guys next time, bye!"
- "Do I LOOK like a channel with 500k subscribers?"
- "LG, Life's good, I've heard life gets harder when you're older, and the fun stuff's just for kids. But I realized when I grow up, that it's just a hit or miss."
- "Do I look like a channel with 2 million subscribers?"
- "Check out my Tesla!"
- King often said he disliked giveaways, but won a giveaway from CNET for a vine chosen for the series on CNET called "Apple Byte", hosted by Brian Tong. He won some stickers and other various items.
- He used to make other videos different than tech, such as pranking call scammers, showing videos to his class or school, and other videos. Some of these videos had popularity.
- He has many vintage Apple products and has a series based on his collection on said Apple products. He once edited part of a video on an iMac G3.
- According to his video on his vlog channel "ROOM, SETUP, AND COLLECTION TOUR 2020", the first camera he had was the Flip Video MinoHD (3rd generation).
- The first Bored Smashing video he did was actually the Watergun, not the Tamagotchi. It sadly got removed due to copyrighted music.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: February 15, 2020
This page was created by user JonahTheCoolGuy2014 on October 9, 2016.