Adam Ortiz Jr. (born: June 17, 1997), better known online as SomeThingElseYT (formerly trolldawgz), is an American animator, singer-songwriter, rapper, music producer, comedian, voice actor, director, and editor.
Adam started his YouTube channel on January 10, 2014, his first ever video was uploaded around April 2014 titled Trolldawgz gettin started. His oldest public video was a Gym Skit. He made his first animation video, a story about how he got into a car crash, on September 5, 2016. He continued with animation and gaming content, until he later quit gaming entirely, and focused solely on animation.
On March 22, 2019, Adam uploaded a song to Spotify, iTunes and YouTube called "I'm Something Else." The song is about Adam overpowering the bullies he got. It was produced by American production duo Foolish Ways and is a follow-up to his video Just Be Yourself. The song goes along with other Animation Squad members making songs, like "Empty" by JaidenAnimations and "Life Is Fun" by TheOdd1sOut, both of which were produced by Boyinaband.
On October 12, 2019, Adam uploaded a song called "Help."
Appearance & Personality
In real life, he wears glasses, and has a beard.
In his animations, he is portrayed as a demon wearing a hoodie that says "Common Sense". He has ADHD, and has collaborated with other animators, such as Jaiden Animations, TheOdd1sOut, and several others.
On November 22, 2017, Adam posted a tweet about his latest video at the time being demonetized. Later on, he revealed that all of his videos were demonetized. Adam contacted YouTube many times, and nothing helped. Adam left his MCN off, and that disabled his monetization. He tried getting his monetization verified, and it didn't work. On January 2, 2018, Adam's monetization was turned on.
Locked out of account
On April 14, 2018, Adam tweeted about him being locked out of his YouTube account. He had been locked out for nearly 3 weeks before he tweeted about it. He asked YouTube on Twitter if they could help because he reset his password and typed it wrong when he wrote it on paper. He tried to reset it again, was denied because they didn't think it was him. He was logged on in his computer and phone but couldn't upload.
Adam was denied a third time for a password reset, and claimed: "[his] dream job had turned into a nightmare." On April 19, 2018, Adam was able to log onto his YouTube account again.
Content and age ratings
Generally, his animations are videos are family-friendly and suitable for a more general audience, including kids, teenagers, and adults. However, some of his earlier and more recent videos have uncensored cursing.
- 100,000 subscribers: May 27, 2017
- 200,000 subscribers: November 28, 2017
- 1 million subscribers: July 17, 2018
- 2 million subscribers: April 18, 2019
- 3 million subscribers: February 5 2020
- He has ADHD.
- He has a pet lizard called Doug.
- His mother is of European descent and he is half-Mexican (from his father).
- He is afraid of the ocean and more specifically, orcas.
- He has lived in Arizona, like TheOdd1sOut and Jaiden Animations.
- He loves Marvel and the MCU, which he stated in his second video on the topic.
- His name is actually Adam Ortiz Jr., since his father's name is also Adam Ortiz.
- He has an older sister and a younger brother.
- He is an uncle.
- He is an extrovert.
- He has a dog named Thurnis and has had another dog named Chunkers.
- He has his own Wiki here
This page was created by Pixella123 on January 21, 2018.