|“||Thanks for watching, and remember to always wear your seatbelt!||”|
Robert James Rallison (born: May 14, 1996 ), better known online as TheOdd1sOut (formerly theodd1sout comic), is an American YouTuber, animator, cartoonist, author, comedian and voice actor known for his animated stories.
Many of Rallison's videos have gained tens of millions of views. As of October 2021, 89 of his videos have at least 10 million views and 29 of his videos have exceeded 50 million views. Several of his videos had been on the YouTube Trending list.
As a member of the YouTube group, “Animation Squad," he occasionally collaborates with other storytime animators, and his significant popularity has directed attention to collaborators. With his main channel amassing over 17 million subscribers and 3.8 billion total views, he is among the biggest storytime animators on the website, and he is thought to have influenced the work of various other animators of the same genre.
Robert Rallison was born on May 14, 1996 in Chandler, Arizona. His mother is Janette Rallison, a notable writer. He is one of five children, who include: Faith (his twin sister), Luke (his older brother) and Arianna (his younger sister). Growing up, his childhood hero was Jim Davis, the creator of the Garfield comic strip. Rallison was also a member of the Boy Scouts and the Cub Scouts as a child. During his childhood, he grew up in a very religious Mormon family.
Rallison attended Perry High School in Gilbert, Arizona, he attended community college and later transferred to a four-year college with aspirations to become a mathematics teacher. He later dropped out merely a semester and a half into college as his YouTube channel gained traction.
Rallison uploaded the first strip of his webcomic TheOdd1sOut on June 14, 2012 on Tumblr, and later on iFunny. Throughout his first year of making comics, he played with his style a lot before settling on his current bubble style. He still posts webcomics, though a lot less frequently than he used to due to most of his time being occupied by YouTube.
Rallison was a part of the comic creator group "OfficialOrgy." The group is made up of iFunny and Tumblr comic makers and animators Doggybag, Deezeewy/DizzyComic, Chez, Free Funtime, 8BitLiam, ForceAnimation, Blumod and CowardlyComics. They take a question prompt (for example, "What shouldn't you say at a job interview?") and each person gives a humorous response. These collaborations were made every few weeks and posted by a different member each time.
On August 30, 2014, about two years after he started making webcomics, Rallison started making YouTube videos. He had mentioned that Anthony Padilla from Smosh inspired him to make his YouTube channel. He called it "theodd1sout comic" and uploaded a video about a book he had made in elementary school, titled "A Book I Made As A Kid." After a few years of steady growth, in April 2016, his channel gained over 278,000 subscribers, giving him a total of over 400,000 subscribers as of that May. He also has a second channel called TheOdd2sOut, where he mainly posts non-animated videos.
Rallison's most popular video used to be his 'Work Stories (Sooubway)' video about his work at fast-food chain Subway (jokingly referred to as 'Sooubway' in his videos, which he has stated was specifically for comedic purposes, not for protection of suing his video). His videos about working at Subway have also been featured on Foodbeast. The Subway that where James used to work at since closed down, according to the most-requested video, Sooubway 4: The Final Sandwich. The website's writer Peter Pham has called the videos "amazing" and "hilarious." He has stated that he has earned more from the four-part series than from actually working at Subway for an entire year.
Rallison has collaborated with many other channels over the course of his Youtube career. For example, he has been featured on TheFineBros' Teens React series. He then released a video of him reacting to teens reacting to him. He has also appeared on the YouTubers React series. Rallison also occasionally posts songs (sometimes in animated form) collaborating with YouTubers such as Boyinaband.
Additionally, Rallison competed in the 100k YouTuber Battle Royale held by MrBeast and was put on the Green Team with Anthony Padilla and Jaiden Animations, who won the game for the Green team after shooting the last person. He donated the money to Team Trees. He was also invited and made an animation for YouTube Rewind 2017 for the first time; his animation plays during the credits. He has also fought another YouTuber, Its Alex Clark, in a chess boxing match.
Rallison usually celebrates subscriber milestones with the number of sprinkles depending on how many subscribers he earned; for example, for his three million subscriber special, he filled an entire pool with sprinkles.
Rallison has also posted speed drawings of the comics he post on Tumblr, Twitter, Tapastic, Facebook, and iFunny, as well as his website. In these videos, he shows the process of a comic's creation and rambles about the events in his life.
Rallison has created two books, How to Be Cool and Other Things I Learned from Growing Up, released in 2018, and The First Sequel, released in 2020. Both books were warmly received, having a 4.8-star rating on Amazon.
On November 22, 2020, Rallison advertised his new official mobile game called TheOdd1sOut: Let's Bounce. It was published by BroadBandTV Corp and has a 4.4-star rating on Google Play. In this game, the player, as TheOdd1sOut's character, has to jump on every person Rallison has featured in his videos. As the game plays on a trail meeting his family and friends, different characters can be unlocked.
He also launched two tabletop games on Kickstarter (both successful), called Can't Catch Harry and Cafe Chaos.
Rallison currently resides in Glendale, California, and previously lived in Phoenix, Arizona.
Rallison has a dog named Floof and two rats, Daisy and Peach. He also had a dog named Georgie, who passed away in 2017. His parents have two dogs, named Poppy and Jumping Jack. Rallison has also owned several hamsters and cats in the past.
On October 10, 2020, Rallison announced that he has a girlfriend. The exact date of when they got together is unknown. Very little is known of her as of now, even her name is kept private — Rallison simply refers to her as "Gif." Gif has a dog jokingly nicknamed "Floof 2," after James' own dog. Floof 2 has dark brown fur and is prone to motion sickness, as seen in his video "My Girlfriend, My Best Friend and the Barfy Beach Date."
Rallison is close friends with fellow YouTube animator Jaiden Animations. They would make frequent collaborations together—occasionally in real life, when they both lived in Arizona. They were such good friends that fans started to speculate that they were in a relationship, but Rallison dismissed this in his video "My Girlfriend, My Best Friend, and The Barfy Beach Date," stating that his girlfriend "isn't Jaiden and it never was."
Rallison has made several collaborations with Youtuber SomeThingElseYT.
Rallison is also known for collaborating with lesser-known creators, like TimTom. For TimTom's third video "Skipping School," Rallison was featured as a character named Kyle. Although, the only reason why Rallison collaborated with TimTom at first was because he thought TimTom could get him into Vid-Con. However, Tim had quit Vid-Con as a job before starting YouTube, and went as far as to say he "couldn't even get [him]self into Vid-Con."
Rallison collaborated with his friend Boyinaband on his most popular video is "Life is Fun." (The song is ironically about existential dread.)
Rallison has several friends, many of which he has collaborated or worked with in some capacity. They include:
- In one of Rallison's videos titled "Getting Recognized Part 2," he mentions liking M&M's. In "My Mom's Cruel and Unusual Punishments," he says they're his favorite candy. When Rallison visited M&M World in the UK, he got a custom M&M with his cannonball character on it. (He says he also likes Twix and Oreos, and that his fans don't have to give him M&M's all the time.)
- He is a big fan of CaptainSparklez.
- Rallison's dream job was to be a cartoonist but he went to community college and then a four year university to be a math teacher. He dropped out of school to pursue YouTube full time.
- He has guest starred on SMG4's series, Meta Runner.
- He went vegan for a week and later nominated Jaiden Animations to do it (rather jokingly, as she was already vegan at the time).
- In his video "Buying Clothes," he sneak dissed another YouTuber, RiceGum, who responded with a video poking fun at Rallison for hugging CaptainSparklez at VidCon. He also threatened to make a diss track on Rallison in the thumbnail. After its release, Rallison liked the video.
- He is left-handed.
- He is a big fan of the 1982 puppet movie The Dark Crystal while admitting in his "The Movie That Was Too Scary for Baby James" video that he thought the movie was "kinda garbage".
- One of Rallison's favorite movies is The Penguins of Madagascar. He even devoted his "Movie Sequels" video to his love of that film.
- Some have speculated that Rallison is a furry after it was discovered that he owned a partial fursuit. Rallison claims he bought the suit as a joke, though.
- His least favorite show on PBS Kids is Caillou. It's his least favourite cartoon because of how the 4-year-old acts like a brat in every episode and throws a tantrum, and his parents don't punish him. Another reason why he doesn't like the show is because of the animation style.
- His favorite shows on PBS Kids are Cyberchase, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Dragon Tales, and Arthur.
- In his video where he talks about growing up without cable, he states that he still watches television without cable.
- His favorite DreamWorks spin-off film is Penguins of Madagascar.
- His favorite color is magenta.
- Rallison was nominated for the 2020 Streamy Awards in the Animated category. The Streamy Awards took place on December 13, 2020.
- Even though he claimed that mobile games "targeted kids into making them click apps that has to be payed for," he ended up creating a mobile game (TheOdd1sOut: Let's Bounce) the following year. To many fans, this seemed hypocritical.
- He was born without a sternum.
- "Thanks for watching, and wear your seat belt!" Said at the end of every video.
- "....and that's why I'm a furry."
- "I swear I'm not a furry."
- "I'm a good boy, I'm a good boy!"
- "SKOOL SUCKS! Especially MATH! UGH! When will I ever use Geometry/Trigonometry/Calculus in 'the real world'?"
- "Do you know how much harder it is to cheat when you have to show your work?"
- "Who would ever name their channel 'The Odd1sOut'? It sounds like someone made every number not divisible by twos go stand outside."
- "THAT'S NOT HOW YOU...PLAYYYYYYYYYY!"
- "'*scream 'singing'*' 'JESUS TAKE THE WHEEEEEEEEL! TAKE IT FROM MY HAAAAAAANDS!'"
- "'How many fables has he written?', 'Over 655!', 'Oh, so...656?'"
- "Like every single fable can end with one character dropping a microphone. *mic dropping sounds*"
- "You know, I never really understood trigger-words until I got...ROOMATES"
- "The only other person in this store is a 16-year-old girl, and she technically isn't old enough to use the toaster. So, I'm probably your best bet. I'm the manager."
- "Or maybe I don't get scared because I don't feel emotions... anymore. WHO KNOWS!?"
- "AND THEN HE JUST CHUGGED THE DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!! BALAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE! DRANK! THE! FISH!"
- "Oh, I know this one! What is a male p********e?"
- "Listen kids, I have 2.7 MILLION subs on YouTube, so if you want a shout-out, you'll have to do the homework."
- "And I sung. AaAAAaAAAaaAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaa"
- "...sometimes there would be kids in my class that would say, 'Hey, Susan! How was your daughters dance recital? Did you remember all her moves?', 'I saw the video you post on Facebook, it looked like she was having a fun time.', 'Stop it. Stop it! STOP IT!!!'"
- "If there's anything I've learned that the internet just loves is stupid drama and cute animals."
- "Hey I just found the real Lance he's the funniest guy I ever met and he told me he doesn't give his phone number out to RUDE PIECES OF SHIT!"
- "The third option is to sell your plasma."
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: July 30, 2016
- 2 million subscribers: December 15, 2016
- 3 million subscribers: April 30, 2017
- 4 million subscribers: September 3, 2017
- 5 million subscribers: December 2, 2017
- 6 million subscribers: February 24, 2018
- 7 million subscribers: June 2, 2018
- 8 million subscribers: August 26, 2018
- 9 million subscribers: November 13, 2018
- 10 million subscribers: January 24, 2019
- 11 million subscribers: March 25, 2019
- 12 million subscribers: July 4, 2019
- 13 million subscribers: October 20, 2019
- 14 million subscribers: February 15, 2020
- 15 million subscribers: June 14, 2020
- 16 million subscribers: November 9, 2020
- 17 million subscribers: July 30, 2021
Video view milestones
- 100 million views: August 4, 2016
- 200 million views: November 23, 2016
- 500 million views: August 12, 2017
- 1 billion views: April 18, 2018
- 2 billion views: April 20, 2019
- 3 billion views: May 16, 2020
|This page uses Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported-licensed content from Wikipedia.|
[view page] [view authors]
Wikitubia Hall of Fame