|“||Wear your seatbelt!||”|
Robert James Rallison (born: May 14, 1996), better known online as TheOdd1sOut (formerly theodd1sout comic), is an American YouTuber, animator, cartoonist, author, comedian, and voice actor who is best known for his animated stories, and his YouTube channel of the same name.
TheOdd1sOut’s videos are very popular - as of August 2020, 90 of his 117 videos have at least 10 million views, and 19 of his videos have exceeded 50 million views. Several of his videos have trended a lot on YouTube. As a member of the ‘Animation Squad’, he sometimes collaborates with other YouTubers, and his significant popularity has directed attention to collaborators. With his main channel amassing over 15.4 million subscribers and 3.2 billion views, he is among the biggest storytime animators on the website, and it has been speculated that he has influenced the work of other animators of the same genre.
Robert James Rallison was born in Chandler, Arizona. His mother is Janette Rallison, a notable writer. Rallison is a twin (his twin sister is named Faith) and one of five children. Growing up, his childhood hero was Jim Davis, the creator of the Garfield comic strip. He was a member of the Boy Scouts and the Cub Scouts.
Rallison attended community college and later transferred to a four-year college with aspirations to become a mathematics teacher. He later dropped out merely a semester and a half into college as his YouTube gained traction.
Rallison uploaded the first strip of his webcomic TheOdd1sOut on June 13, 2012, on Tumblr and later on iFunny. Throughout his first year of making comics, he played with his style a lot before settling on his current bubble style. He still posts webcomics, though a lot less frequently than he used to due to most of his time being occupied by YouTube.
James was a part of the comic creator group "OfficialOrgy". The group is made up of iFunny and Tumblr comic makers and animators Doggybag, Deezeewy/DizzyComic, Chez, Free/Funtime, 8BitLiam, ForceAnimations, Blumod, and CowardlyComics.They take a question prompt (for example: "what shouldn't you say at a job interview?") and each gives a humorous response. These collaborations were made every few weeks and posted by a different member each time.
On August 30, 2014, about two years after he started making webcomics, Rallison started making YouTube videos. He had mentioned that Anthony Padilla from Smosh inspired him to make his YouTube Channel. He called it, "theodd1sout comic", and uploaded a video about a book he had made in elementary school, titled "A Book I Made as a kid". After a few years of steady growth, in April 2016, his channel gained over 278,000 subscribers, giving him a total of over 400,000 subscribers as of that May.
James' most popular video used to be his 'Work Stories (sooubway)' video about his work at fast-food chain Subway (known as 'Sooubway' in his videos, possibly to avoid copyright claims), gaining over 30 million views. His videos about working at Subway have also been featured on Foodbeast. The Subway that where James used to work at since closed down, according to the most-requested video, Sooubway 4: The Final Sandwich. The website's writer Peter Pham has called the videos "amazing" and "hilarious". He has stated that he has earned more from the four-part series than from actually working at Subway for an entire year.
James usually celebrates subscriber milestones with the number of sprinkles depending on how many subscribers he earned; for example, For his 3 million special, he filled an entire pool with sprinkles. The video got 9.5 million views and 325K likes.
He also has a second channel called TheOdd2sOut, where he does things in real life and very occasionally posts animations.
He has been featured on TheFineBros' Teens React series. He then released a video of him reacting to teens reacting to him. He has also appeared on the YouTubers React series.
His most popular video is 'Life is Fun', which features musician BoyInABand. The song is ironically about "existential dread".
James competed in the 100k YouTuber Battle Royale held by MrBeast and was put on the Green Team with Anthony Padilla and Jaiden Animations, who won the game for the Green team after shooting the last person.
He was invited and made an animation for YouTube Rewind 2017 for the first time. His animation is in the credits.
He has also fought Its Alex Clark a fellow YouTuber, a friend in a chess boxing match.
James has also posted speed drawings of the comics he posts on Tumblr, Twitter, Tapastic, Facebook, and iFunny, as well as his website. In these videos, he shows the process of a comic's creation and rambles about the events in his life.
TheOdd1sOut has created two books, How to Be Cool and Other Things I Learned from Growing Up, released in 2018, and The First Sequel, released in 2020. Both books were warmly received, having a 4.8-star rating on Amazon.
TheOdd1sOut is friends with JaidenAnimations - both YouTubers hail from Arizona.
TheOdd1sOut has a dog name Floof. He also had a dog named Georgie but is deceased.
TheOdd1sOut lived in Phoenix, Arizona at one point, but currently resides in California.
TheOdd1sOut has several friends, many of which he has collaborated or worked with in some capacity. They include:
- Let Me Explain Studios
- It's Alex Clark
- Aidini Tortellini
- His mother is Janette Rallison, an American writer from Pullman, Washington best known for her light romance novels for young adults. She also writes young adult science fiction and fantasy under the name C. J. Hill and adult romantic novels as Sierra St. James.
- There is a parody channel called 'AnEven2sIn', based on another comic of the same name, which is the exact opposite of his channel.
- In one of James' videos titled "Getting Recognized part 2," he mentions liking M&M's. In "My Mom's Cruel and Unusual Punishments", he says they're his favourite candy, and he thinks it is because of past trauma.
- In his video "Buying Clothes", he sneaks dissed another YouTuber, RiceGum, who responded with a video poking fun at James for hugging CaptainSparklez at VidCon. He also threatened to make a diss track on James in the thumbnail. After its release, James liked the video.
- He is left-handed.
- He was a big fan of the 1982 puppet movie The Dark Crystal.
- Some have speculated if James is a furry after some discovered he owned a partial fursuit. James claims he bought the suit as a joke though.
- His fursona is Chip. It is unknown how active he is in the furry community (although he has visited a furry convention before).
- His least favourite show on PBS Kids is Caillou, it's his least favourite cartoon because of how the 4-year-old acts like a brat in every episode and throws a tantrum.
- His favourite shows on PBS Kids is Cyberchase, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Dragon Tales, and Arthur.
- His favourite Dreamworks spin-off film was Penguins of Madagascar.
- James wet his bed until he was 8 years old.
- His favourite colour is blue.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: July 30, 2016
- 2 million subscribers: December 15, 2016
- 3 million subscribers: April 30, 2017
- 4 million subscribers: September 3, 2017
- 5 million subscribers: December 2, 2017
- 6 million subscribers: February 24, 2018
- 7 million subscribers: June 2, 2018
- 8 million subscribers: August 26, 2018
- 9 million subscribers: November 13, 2018
- 10 million subscribers: January 24, 2019
- 11 million subscribers: March 25, 2019
- 12 million subscribers: July 4, 2019
- 13 million subscribers: October 20, 2019
- 14 million subscribers: February 15, 2020
- 15 million subscribers: June 14, 2020
Video View Milestones
- 100 million views: August 4, 2016
- 200 million views: November 23, 2016
- 500 million views: August 12, 2017
- 1 billion views: April 18, 2018
- 2 billion views: April 20, 2019
- 3 billion views: May 16, 2020
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rB7zgPlC5M
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Odd-1s-Out-Definitely-Learned-ebook/dp/B0776HLP7V#customerReviews
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Odd-1s-Out-First-Sequel/dp/0593087631#customerReviews
- ↑ https://janetterallison.com/blog/answering-three-questions-about-becoming-a-writer/#comment-246948
This page was made on July 20, 2016, by CrystalGems4401.