|“||Thanks for watching, and remember to always wear your seatbelt!||”|
TheOdd1sOut’s Video are very popular—as of March 2021, 99 of his videos have at least 10 million views, and 24 of his videos have exceeded 50 million views. Several of his videos been on YouTube Trending list.
As a member of the “Animation Squad", Sometimes he collaborates with other YouTubers, and his significant popularity has directed attention to collaborators. With his main channel amassing over 16.6 million subscribers and 3.5 billion views, he is among the biggest storytime animator on the website, and it has been speculated that he has influenced the work of other animators of the same genre.
James Rallison was born in Chandler, Arizona. His mother is Janette Rallison, a notable writer. Rallison has a twin sister named Faith who is four minutes younger, and he is one of five children. Faith (Already Mentioned), Luke, and Arianna Growing up, his childhood hero was Jim Davis, the creator of the Garfield comic strip. He was a member of Boy Scouts and the Cub Scouts.
Rallison attended community college and later transferred to a four-year college with aspirations to become a mathematics teacher. He later dropped out merely a semester and a half into college as his YouTube gained traction.
Rallison uploaded the first strip of his webcomic TheOdd1sOut on June 14 2012, on Tumblr and later on iFunny. Throughout his first year of making comics, he played with his style a lot before settling on his current bubble style. He still posts webcomics, though a lot less frequently than he used to due to most of his time being occupied by YouTube.
James was a part of the comic creator group "OfficialOrgy". The group is made up of iFunny and Tumblr comic makers and animators Doggybag, Deezeewy/DizzyComic, Chez, Free Funtime, 8BitLiam, ForceAnimation, Blumod, and CowardlyComics.They take a question prompt (for example: "what shouldn't you say at a job interview?") and each gives a humorous response. These collaborations were made every few weeks and posted by a different member each time.
On August 30, 2014, about two years after he started making webcomic, Rallison started making YouTube videos. He had mentioned that Anthony Padilla from Smosh inspired him to make his YouTube channel. He called it, "theodd1sout comic", and uploaded a video about a book he had made in elementary school, titled "A Book I Made as a kid". After a few years of steady growth, in April 2016, his channel gained over 278,000 subscribers, giving him a total of over 400,000 subscribers as of that May.
James' most popular video used to be his 'Work Stories (Sooubway)' video about his work at fast-food chain Subway (known as 'Sooubway' in his videos, which he has stated was for comedy, not for protection of suing his video). His videos about working at Subway have also been featured on Foodbeast. The Subway that where James used to work at since closed down, according to the most-requested video, Sooubway 4: The Final Sandwich. The website's writer Peter Pham has called the videos "amazing" and "hilarious". He has stated that he has earned more from the four-part series than from actually working at Subway for an entire year.
James usually celebrates subscriber milestones with the number of sprinkles depending on how many subscribers he earned; for example, For his 3 million special, he filled an entire pool with sprinkles.
He also has a second channel called TheOdd2sOut, where he does things in real life such as gaming and very occasionally posts animations.
He does songs sometimes in animated form collaborating with YouTubers such as Boyinaband.
As well as collaborating with small creators. Most known is when he collaborated with TimTom On Nov 1st 2016 for TimTom's 3rd Video Skipping School. James was featured as Kyle. The only reason why James Collaborated With TimTom is because James thought TimTom could get him into Vid-Con (Tim had quit Vid-Con as a Job Before Starting Youtube as Tim said "I couldn't even get myself into Vid-Con").
He has been featured on TheFineBros' Teens React series. He then released a video of him reacting to teens reacting to him. He has also appeared on the YouTubers React series.
His most popular video is 'Life is Fun', which features musician Boyinaband. The song is ironically about "existential dread".
James competed in the 100k YouTuber Battle Royale held by MrBeast and was put on the Green Team with Anthony Padilla and Jaiden Animations, who won the game for the Green team after shooting the last person. He donated the money to Team Trees.
He was invited and made an animation for YouTube Rewind 2017 for the first time. His animation is in the credits.
He has also fought another YouTuber, Its Alex Clark, as a friend in a chess boxing match.
James has also posted speed drawings of the comics he post on Tumblr, Twitter, Tapastic, Facebook, and iFunny, as well as his website. In these videos, he shows the process of a comic's creation and rambles about the events in his life.
TheOdd1sOut has created two books, How to Be Cool and Other Things I Learned from Growing Up, released in 2018, and The First Sequel, released in 2020. Both books were warmly received, having a 4.8-star rating on Amazon.
On November 22, 2020, TheOdd1sOut advertised his new official mobile game called "TheOdd1sOut: Let's Bounce". It was published by BroadBandTV Corp and has a 4.4-star rating on Google Play. In this game, the player, as TheOdd1sOut's character, has to jump on every person James has featured in his videos. As the game plays on a trail meeting his family and friends, different characters can be unlocked.
TheOdd1sOut is friends with JaidenAnimations - both YouTubers (coincidentally) hail from Arizona.
TheOdd1sOut has a dog named Floof and two rats, Daisy and Peach. He also had a dog named Georgie but is deceased, and his parents have two dogs, Poppy and Jumping Jack.
TheOdd1sOut lived in Phoenix, Arizona at one point, but currently resides in California.
On October 10, 2020, TheOdd1sOut announced that he has a girlfriend. The exact date of when they got together is unknown. Very little is known of her as of now, but James simply refers her to "Gif". There were rumors suggesting that JaidenAnimations and him were dating, but James stated in his video "My Girlfriend, My Best Friend, and The Barfy Beach Date", that "it isn't Jaiden and it never was". So therefore Jaiden Animations is not his girlfriend, but just a friend and nothing else.
TheOdd1sOut has several friends, many of which he has collaborated or worked with in some capacity. They include:
- His mother is Janette Rallison, an American writer from Pullman, Washington best known for her light romance novels for young adults. She also writes young adult science fiction and fantasy under the name C. J. Hill and adult romantic novels as Sierra St. James.
- There is a parody channel called 'AnEven2sIn', based on another comic of the same name, which is the exact opposite of his channel.
- In one of James' videos titled "Getting Recognized Part 2," he mentions liking M&M's. In "My Mom's Cruel and Unusual Punishments", he says they're his favorite candy, and he thinks it is because of past trauma. In "Starting Conversations", James states that he hates the question 'What's your favorite candy bar?' as he always answers M&M's and they are not traditionally seen as a candy bar. In "Junk Food", he instead says that since M&M released a candy bar version he can now say that it's his favorite candy bar without being questioned.
- When James visited M&M World in the UK, he got a custom M&M with his cannonball character on it.
- He also says he likes Twix and Oreos, and his fans don't have to give him M&M's all the time.
- He is a big fan of CaptainSparklez.
- James has guest starred on SMG4's series, Meta Runner.
- He went vegan for a week and later nominated Jaiden Animations to do it (Rather jokingly as she was already vegan).
- In his video "Buying Clothes", he sneak dissed another YouTuber, RiceGum, who responded with a video poking fun at James for hugging CaptainSparklez at VidCon. He also threatened to make a diss track on James in the thumbnail. After its release, James liked the video.
- He is left-handed.
- He is a big fan of the 1982 puppet movie The Dark Crystal.
- Some have speculated that James is a furry after some discovered he owned a partial fursuit. James claims he bought the suit as a joke though.
- His fursona is Chip. It is unknown how active he is in the furry community (although he has visited a furry convention twice before: Once in person and once in Minecraft).
- His least favorite show on PBS Kids is Caillou. It's his least favourite cartoon because of how the 4-year-old acts like a brat in every episode and throws a tantrum, and his parents don't punish him. Another reason why he doesn't like the show is because of the animation style.
- His favorite shows on PBS Kids are Cyberchase, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Dragon Tales, and Arthur.
- He also watched a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh and Sailor Moon as a kid.
- James said that he never watched The Powerpuff Girls as he thought it was too girly, and later thought that was funny as he watched Sailor Moon.
- His favorite DreamWorks spin-off film is Penguins of Madagascar.
- His favorite color is magenta.
- He has confirmed that he currently has a girlfriend, who prefers to keep her name private. She has been given the nickname 'Gif'.( as refered before)
- His name is James
- His girlfriend has a dog nicknamed 'Floof 2'. Floof 2 has motion sickness and is dark brown as seen in his video My Girlfriend, My Best Friend and the Barfy Beach Date.
- Pokimane and him share the same birthdate: May 14, 1996.
- TheOdd1sOut was nominated for the 2020 Streamy Awards in the Animated category. The Streamy Awards took place on December 13, 2020.
- He always thought that mobile games, "targeted kids into making them click apps that has to be payed for", even though in the following year, he creates a mobile game, TheOdd1sOut: Let's Bounce.
- He has owned several hamsters and cats before, and has owned 2 dogs, Georgie (deceased) and Floof.
- He launched two tabletop games on Kickstarter (both successful), called Can't Catch Harry and Cafe Chaos.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: July 30, 2016
- 2 million subscribers: December 15, 2016
- 3 million subscribers: April 30, 2017
- 4 million subscribers: September 3, 2017
- 5 million subscribers: December 2, 2017
- 6 million subscribers: February 24, 2018
- 7 million subscribers: June 2, 2018
- 8 million subscribers: August 26, 2018
- 9 million subscribers: November 13, 2018
- 10 million subscribers: January 24, 2019
- 11 million subscribers: March 25, 2019
- 12 million subscribers: July 4, 2019
- 13 million subscribers: October 20, 2019
- 14 million subscribers: February 15, 2020
- 15 million subscribers: June 14, 2020
- 16 million subscribers: November 9, 2020
Video View Milestones
- 100 million views: August 4, 2016
- 200 million views: November 23, 2016
- 500 million views: August 12, 2017
- 1 billion views: April 18, 2018
- 2 billion views: April 20, 2019
- 3 billion views: May 16, 2020
|This page uses Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported-licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Wikitubia Hall of Fame