The Film Theorists is a spin-off channel of The Game Theorists. It is similar to The Game Theorists in concept but focuses on television and film rather than video game content. The channel, like its predecessor, was created by Matthew Patrick, better known as MatPat.
Film Theory, like Game Theory, is a show which over-analyzes a certain part of pop culture, namely for this show Films and Television. There are currently over 180 episodes of Film Theory which have been released on things like:
- Can the Doctor Exist? (Consists of two parts)
- Who is Jon Snow's mother?
- How to win an Oscar (Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Actress) (Consists of two parts, with one being how to make an award-winning film)
The Film Theorists will post film theories on a weekly basis from now on with videos pertaining to recent film media.
Did You Know Movies
Did You Know Movies is a show on The Film Theorists created in league with Did You Know Gaming and Did You Know Anime. The show is presented in a typical Did You Know Gaming format with random trivia being thrown at about a certain film or film-related topic that is the main focus of the episode. The first episode of the series debued on June 2, 2015 with an episode on the Quentin Tarantino film Reservoir Dogs which has so far taken in over 700,000 views.
Frame by Frame
Frame by Frame is a show on the channel that explains how the complex visual language on the movies are: "That if used correctly it can inspire a seemingly unimaginable depth of feeling, or sleep depending on what you're watching." (Kyle). On the first video , Kyle explains how framing worked to and how it was first created. Other Frame by Frame Videos involve:
- Why Movies Are Two Hours and Early Editing Techniques – Frame By Frame
- How Terminator Defined Action Movies – Frame by Frame
- Cocaine and Camera Angles, How to Shoot a Drug Trip – Frame by Frame
- How Mad Max: Fury Road Directed YOU! - Frame by Frame
- The Scariest Horror You Don't See – Frame by Frame
This page was created on June 5, 2015 by TheHaloVeteran.