Keith, Ned, Zach and Eugene formed the Try Guys in 2014 and uploaded all their content on the BuzzFeed network and their YouTube channel with their first video being uploaded on September 12, 2014, titled "Guys Try Ladies' Underwear For The First Time".
On June 16, 2018, The Try Guys announced that they would be leaving BuzzFeed to start their own independent production company under the name 2nd Try LLC. They also hosted the 8th Streamy Awards of that year which broadcasted live on YouTube.
On December 26, 2018, they uploaded a video explaining what their life was before starting The Try Guys.
- 1 million subscribers: July 2, 2018.
- 2 million subscribers: July 19, 2018.
- 3 million subscribers: July 31, 2018.
- 4 million subscribers: October 19, 2018.
- 5 million subscribers: December 31, 2018.
- 6 million subscribers: June 22, 2019.