|This article or section requires a cleanup in order to meet Wikitubia's quality standards.|
Reason: No reason given.
Abel Makkonen Tesfaye (born: February 16, 1990), better known onstage as The Weeknd, is an Ethiopian-Canadian musician.
The Weeknd was born on February 16, 1990, in Toronto, Ontario. His parents are Ethiopian immigrants, they separated when he was very young.
He has 3 mixtapes, 3 compilation albums, 4 studio albums, and 1 EP
- House of Balloons (2011)
- Thursday (2011)
- Echoes of Silence (2011)
- Trilogy (2012)
- The Weeknd in Japan (2018)
- The Highlights (2021)
- Kissland (2013)
- Beauty Behind The Madness (2015)
- Starboy (2016)
- After Hours (2020)
My Dear Melancholy, (2018)
- He is an only child.
- His uses "The Weeknd" as his onstage name because him and a group of friends left someplace for one weekend, and never came back.
- He took out the "e" in Weeknd because there was already a band with the name "The Weekend"
- He is a big Michael Jackson fan.
- He dated Selena Gomez and Bella Hadid.
- He performed on the Superbowl 2021 halftime show.
- His hit song "Blinding Lights" has 2 billion streams on Spotify.
- As well as "Save Your Tears", his hit songs has been the back-to-back theme songs for WWE WrestleMania 36 and 37.
- His label is named XO.