|“||And the week begins as it tends to do with a Monday... And the week is over as it tends to do with a Sunday...||”|
―Tom's "Last Week" catchphrase
Thomas James Ridgewell (born: June 27, 1990YouTuber, comedian, producer, and director living in London. He is the creator of the popular series asdfmovie, and one of the creators of the card game based on the series It's Muffin Time.), better known online as TomSka, is an English
Tom has two channels: TomSka and DarkSquidge. His TomSka channel focuses on him making sketch comedy with other YouTubers and is mainly known for the asdfmovie series. There are 12 movies in the series so far, not including the deleted scenes. While making videos for YouTube, Tom almost got kicked out of The University of Lincoln for posting a parody of the university's advert. This was because of the inappropriate content shown in the video, but he was forgiven when they saw the view count. Tom's TomSka channel is where he uploads the sketches and animations he has directed. Tom's second channel DarkSquidge is mainly used for his weekly vlog Last Week since it started on 2016, but also uploaded other vlogs and a series of unreleased videos that didn't quite make the cut called Scrap'd Week.
While pregnant with Tom and his twin sister Amelia, Tom's mother got into a car accident by a reckless driver. Although Amelia died in the womb, leading doctors to believe Tom had died also, he miraculously survived and was born on June 27, 1990 in Essex, England.
Growing up a Jehovah's Witness, Tom and his family avoided most major holidays and celebrations such as Halloween, Christmas, and birthdays. However, as a substitute, his family created their own holiday called "Present Giving Day".
At the age of 4, Tom and his family moved from Essex to Cambridge, where he was enrolled into Milton Road Primary School. Tom details that, as a child, he cried a lot. Around this time, Tom had two pet cats called Tiggy and Totty and was friends with his older neighbor Jonny, who introduced Tom to the internet and video games.
At age 9, Tom became the pupil of a teacher who would, every year, choose a specific student to routinely ridicule and shame: that year, Tom was chosen to be humiliated. The constant public ridicule deeply affected Tom's mental health, ultimately leading him to develop a comfort eating habit. This led to him gaining an unhealthy amount of weight. One day, after arriving to collect her son from school, Tom's mother found him rocking silently on the floor: after this, his mood began to worsen as he became angrier and unhappier. Scared to sleep alone and with many doctors believing he was autistic, Tom sat an IQ test: contrary to what was predicted, Tom scored incredibly high on the test and was accepted into Mensa. His family removed him from Milton Road Primary and began searching for other options.
In 2003, Tom met then 14-year-old Edd Gould online. He and Edd started to produce an animated series called "Eddsworld" around 2005. Later on, in 2006, he became the main voice of his character in the series, along with Edd and two of Edd's other friends, who together made the cast of 4 main characters, Tom, Edd, Matt, and Tord. They found success in this series and they become an icon on Newgrounds and YouTube; the series took a rapid turn when in 2012 Edd died of Leukaemia and Tom took over the production of Eddsworld until 2016.
Asdfmovie is a popular series he made. Each movie is composed of various, simple and uncolored animations with very random and nonsensical humor. Movies in this series could also have multiple voice actors. Moreover, the entire list of asdfmovies can be found in this playlist.
It's Muffin Time
A card game that is based on the series asdfmovie. You can find more information about the game here.
- Tom was originally going to be named Dudley.
- Tom has stated that he has no gag reflex.
- Tom has said that he is great at trumpet impressions. It is even shown in asdfmovie 6.
- Tom plays the bass guitar. He also plays left-handed, as seen in Guitar Warfare.
- Tom used to own the YouTube username 'fuck' to celebrate a subscriber milestone (https://youtube.com/fuck), but it was changed by YouTube.
- Tom was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, but no longer practices this faith. He still expresses a belief in God. Also, because of his upbringing, he did not celebrate holidays such as Christmas and Easter.
- Tom's father is of English, Scottish, and German descent, and his mother was of Ashkenazi Jewish (Russian and Ukrainian), Irish, and English descent.
- Tom has a scar on his forehead as a result of falling from his grandmother's attic as a child, in which he also broke his wrist.
- As a child, Tom once severed his heel after lodging it in the spokes of his father's moped.
This page was made on June 5, 2011 by PolisKanin.