Troom Troom is a multinational Ukrainian YouTube channel that uploads videos of easy DIY tutorials, life hacks, crafts, and pranks, often criticized by many users to be quite "unsettling" and scary. They're infamous for videos such as how to sneak food into school, how to make your lips look like the inside of an orange, and numerous teacher/partner prank videos.
It has been under debate if Troom Troom is an honest attempt at a craft channel by foreigners, an abstract work of Surreal Humor parodying many popular prank/life hack videos, or something more sinister.
The channel's videos are dubbed over the given language, such as English on Troom Troom, French on Troom Troom FR, and so on, with the scripts noticeably originally written in Ukraine and given to the English-speaking narrator who seems to have no fuss over changing the odd phrasing.
Troom Troom joined YouTube on September 12th, 2015. The channel debuted on October 2015 as a seemingly normal place to find videos on how to do crafts.
On April 19, 2015, they created a secondary channel called Troom Troom SELECT, a French-speaking channel named Troom Troom FR, a German one called Troom Troom DE, a Japanese channel called Troom Troom JP, and a Portuguese channel named Troom Troom PT. Every channel posts a variation of the first Troom Troom video on the day of their creation.
Troom Troom kept this fun craft model for the next year or so, until sometime in early 2017, when more actresses began being featured on the channel and it morphed into a bizarre combination of prank videos, strange D.I.Y's, crafts, and life hacks.
On February 5, 2016, they created a Spanish channel named Troom Troom ES.
On February 24, 2022, during the Russian Invasion of Ukraine, Troom Troom, Troom Troom Trick, etc. changed their profile pictures that resembles the Ukrainian Flag. However, despite this, Troom Troom continues to post content that were recorded before the invasion.
Since Troom Troom's recent rise in popularity, they have often been made fun of and have gained a lot of criticism from viewers and fellow YouTubers for a variety of reasons. Troom Troom is generally more notably criticized by their flaws in grammar and expression which are often called "unsettling" or "unnatural sounding," their exaggerated photoshopped thumbnails, and their DIYs/pranks which are often seen as "pointless" and far from "pranks" at all. A noticeable unnatural factor is regarding the narrator's phrasing, and how she is usually quick to point out facts the audience surely already knows by sight, such as when the Blue Eyed Girl is shown shivering--she would state, "The Blue Eyed Girl is cold!". A rise of videos have been made commonly addressed as "Troom Troom rants", "Following a Troom Troom video" or "reacting to Troom Troom" often in a joking manner due to how absurd they are. Notably, Cristine from Simply Nailogical has made various Troom Troom-related content on her channel, as well as YouTuber Danny Gonzalez. Jarvis Johnson also made various videos on Troom Troom and its content.
DIY YouTuber Brianna Reneé expressed how she felt about Troom Troom, saying she feels like they do not put time into their work and somehow upload more than once a day and still get lots of views, unlike hardworking DIY YouTubers with great content who aren't getting as many views as they used to.
According to the video, here are some pieces of information the user has said about Troom Troom:
- Troom Troom is actually Ukrainian.
- The two producers of Troom Troom are keeping their identities hidden.
- Red Head and Kate is played by Yekaterina Musmova (or simply Kate), her Instagram is @kate_musmova.
- Blue-Eyed Girl is played by Alevtina Martina, her Instagram is @alevtinamartina.
- Dolly and Ronda is played by Sasha, her Instagram is @ohstarostina.
Other users have also found out information about some of the other Troom Troom actors. Bear in mind, some of the actors mentioned here have since left:
- Curly Sue is played by Irina Ponomarenko. She's an artist, designer, and illustrator, and her Instagram is @irena_panamera.
- Blondie is played by Irina Kolesnik, and her instagram is @irina.kolesni.k.
- ? is played by Marisha Fedirko, and her Instagram is @marisha.fedirko.
- Stevie and Mike is played by Michil Konung, and his Instagram is @mikhailkonung
- Ben is played by Maxim Skomorah, and his Instagram is @skomoroh__
- Mrs. Smith, Bell, Mrs. Gonzalez and Betty is played by Masha Mednaya, and her Instagram is @mashamednaya
- Rosie is played by Veronika Stakhova and her Instagram is @veronikastahova
- Jessica is played by Tracy Jose Manuel and her Instagram is @etotracy
- Fairy and Linda is played by Valeria Khadonova and her Instagram is @ Valeria Khadonova
- Emma is played by Ira Olianich and her Instagram is marina__y_. She's currently one of the featured actresses on one of Troom Troom's many spinoff channels, Troom Troom Trick.
- Clementina the zombie and Christie is played by Svetlana Kuptsova and her Instagram is @_____sunlight_____
- Vicky is played by Eva Voronova and her Instagram is @evavoronova
- Cindy is played by Anastasia Milyutina and her Instagram is @anastasia_gash
- Alex is played by Andrei Khorunjiy and his Instagram is @a.khorunjiy
- Meghan is played by Katerina Pasichnyk and her Instagram is @lewkatty
- Daisy is played by Julia Grisenko and her Instagram is @julia_grisenko
- Freddy is played by Seergej Graur and his Instagram is @seergejgraur
- Shon and Beard Grill is played by Shulga Ilyaa; his Instagram is @shulga_ilyaa
- Stephanie is played by Viktoriia Viter and her Instagram is @vittter
- Steve is played by Stephan vova_sola and his Instagram is @vova_solo
- Jake is played by Slavik_010 and his Instagram is @slavik_010
- Justin is played by Rostikmagistr and his Instagram is @rostikmagistr
- Emily is played by Diana Saletskaya and her Instagram is @di.saletskaya. Prior to July of 2020, Emily used to be played by Lana Zubko and her Instagram is @lanazubko.
- Andy is played by Ivan Plukchi and his Instagram is @plukchi__
- Sam is played by Kostya Komov and his Instagram is @komovko
- Theo is played by VadimHOlYnenko and his Instagram is @vdmgolinenko
- Melanie is played by Da Kubik and her Instagram is @da_kubik
- Tommy is played by Bogdan Aksanyuk and his Instagram is @skifskiy_narod
- Ashley is played by Ketrin Aleksa and her Instagram is @ketrin_aleksa
- Penny is played by Olena Brovvkina and her Instagram is @olena.brovvkina
- Allen is played by Vladislav Karachiy and his Instagram is @vladislavkarachiy
When asked in the comments why they don’t say their real names on the channel, she replied saying “because Troom Troom isn’t about us.”
- "It's not a problem anymore!" (18 Nail Hacks! Nail Art Hack Compilation and others)
- "You might turn fat... and ugly" (15 Funny Couple Pranks / Prank Wars 2018)
- "There's a strange ball in my stocking" (12 Christmas Pranks! Prank Wars! 2017)
- The stock boyfriend character, "Mickey" (really just one of the actresses in men's clothes), is usually the target of the more extreme pranks by his girlfriend, "Sweetie".
- Every prank Redhead attempts to pull on her friend ends up affecting her instead.
- Apart from the Stevie Gonzalez character, men generally never appear to show up in the videos. Whenever a male character is called for, one of the actresses puts on men's clothing and paints a fake beard on their face.
- Stevie Gonzalez is thought to be a direct reference to YouTuber Danny Gonzalez as a response to his videos about them. Stevie appears to have the same hairstyle, and is seen as ill-mannered and fame-hungry, often checking his "Instagram likes", implying Stevie could be an internet influencer.
- Christie and Ben are also thought to be a direct reference to YouTuber Simply Nailogical (Cristine Rotenberg) and her boyfriend Ben. Cristine makes videos of herself making fun of Troom Troom and trying out their dumb hacks. Christie and Ben are always pranking each other and they appear to be dating like Cristine and Ben are.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 1 million subscribers: August 12, 2017
- 2 million subscribers: October 30, 2017
- 3 million subscribers: December 30, 2017
- 4 million subscribers: February 24, 2018
- 5 million subscribers: April 13, 2018
- 6 million subscribers: May 24, 2018
- 7 million subscribers: June 28, 2018
- 8 million subscribers: August 2, 2018
- 9 million subscribers: September 21, 2018
- 10 million subscribers: November 19, 2018
- 11 million subscribers: January 11, 2019
- 12 million subscribers: February 28, 2019
- 13 million subscribers: April 30, 2019
- 14 million subscribers: July 8, 2019
- 15 million subscribers: September 4, 2019
- 16 million subscribers: November 22, 2019
- 17 million subscribers: March 4, 2020
- 18 million subscribers: May 5, 2020
- 19 million subscribers: June 22, 2020
- 20 million subscribers: August 16, 2020
- 21 million subscribers: October 15, 2020
- 22 million subscribers: March 3, 2021
- 23 million subscribers: February 18, 2022
Video view milestones
- 1 billion views: January 15, 2018
- 2 billion views: June 19, 2018
- 3 billion views: November 15, 2018
- 4 billion views: May 3, 2019
- 5 billion views: September 23, 2019
- 6 billion views: March 2, 2020
- 7 billion views: July 17, 2020
- 8 billion views: October 19, 2020
- 9 billion views: May 21, 2021