|“||Memento Mori. Unus Annus.
Remember death. One year.
―Unus Annus's motto
Unus Annus was a YouTube channel created by CrankGameplays (Unus) and Markiplier (Annus). This channel was deleted on Saturday, November 14, 2020, at exactly 12:00 A.M. PST on stream with Amy, Mark, and Ethan all grouped together for the deletion, exactly a year after they uploaded their first video on the channel.
Now that the channel has been deleted, none of the channel's content will be re-uploaded on their own channels and all of its associated merchandise will no longer be available for purchase. Hence, they suggest their viewers to create memories in their unique experiences. Many have since suspected that the channel's true purpose seems to have been an experiment in how far YouTube's Community Guidelines could be pushed.
There are many archives online, due to the fact that they publicly stated that they had always planned to delete the channel. Some believe that archived videos on YouTube will be targeted with copyright takedown requests. Mark has stated that edited clips of Unus Annus's videos would be allowed, however full unedited archives would get taken down. The channel had 4.58 million subscribers and 867 million views before the channel was officially deleted. 
Three days after its initial launch, Markiplier and CrankGameplays uploaded a video on the same day with the same title, "This Will End in One Year". Both videos have them explaining their new channel in a monotonous voice and a formal look. To promote their channel, Markiplier changed his profile picture to a blank white, while CrankGameplays changed his to a blank black. After two days of having those profile pictures, they changed it back to their own ones.
The channel was deleted at exactly 12:00 AM PST on November 14, 2020, following the other social media accounts for Unus Annus being privated in the hour prior. The channel had 4.58 million subscribers at the time of its deletion, and reached a peak of 1.5 million viewers watching the final livestream.
Although the original channel has now been deleted, there are many archives online. Mark has stated that edited clips of Unus Annus's videos would be allowed, however full unedited archives would get taken down. Despite this, many archive channels have persisted after the deletion of Unus Annus, much to Mark and Ethan's concern. They have pledged to take down those channels, which they have. However, there are so many, that many believe Mark and Ethan will have trouble keeping up.
- Founders (November 15, 2019 - November 14, 2020)
- Skull (November 29, 2019 - December 3, 2019)
- Goddus Annus (January 28, 2020 - March 1, 2020)
- Coffin (April 20, 2020 - May 26, 2020)
- Split (May 25, 2020 - July 14, 2020)
- Split Sleeve (July 31, 2020 - August 21, 2020)
- Camp Unus Annus (August 21, 2020 - September 1, 2020)
- Signed Poster (September 10, 2020 - September 11, 2020)
- Double Pocket (September 23, 2020 - October 2, 2020)
- Skull Sweater (September 23, 2020 - October 2, 2020)
- Halloween (October 5, 2020 - October 13, 2020)
- The End (November 13, 2020 - November 14, 2020)
Norbert Moses was a channel that Mark and Ethan created to attempt to beat the world record of getting to one million subscribers the fastest which was done in a day. The record wasn’t beaten and the channel was deleted on April 18, 2020. An archive of their promo video can be found here.
- Their channel name "Unus Annus" is Latin for "One Year", which explains the channel's lifespan.
- Many fans have dubbed Unus Annus a cult as a running joke during the channel's lifespan. Mark and Ethan have jokingly denied this and see the humor in the claim.
- The claim is partially true, as a cult is defined as "great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work" and Unus Annus has shown great devotion to the idea of Impermanence, as it is the fundamental basis for the channel.
- Many fans claim that they will reupload and archive the videos made by Unus Annus, despite going against Ethan's and Mark's wishes.
- Markiplier replies to these claims saying that Unus Annus reuploads will be copystriked and taken down by him.
- The video titled "The Deep End of Omegle: Risky Boogaloo" was the only video removed from the channel before the channel was deleted.
- Some people who aren't a member of the Unus Annus channel but have collaborated on it are:
- The first and last words said on the channel were both said by Ethan.
- The channel’s, as well as Ethan’s, first words were “We live our lives taking each second for granted.”
- Mark’s first words were “But what would you do if you knew how much time you had left?”
- Both Mark, Ethan, and the channel’s final words were “See you on the other side.”
Note: The following dates are according to
- 500,000 subscribers: November 15, 2019
- 1 million subscribers: November 19, 2019
- 2 million subscribers: January 13, 2020
- 3 million subscribers: April 21, 2020
- 4 million subscribers: October 25, 2020
- 100 million views: January 13, 2020
- 200 million views: March 8, 2020
- 300 million views: April 13, 2020
- 400 million views: May 27, 2020
- 500 million views: July 12, 2020
- 600 million views: August 22, 2020
- 700 million views: October 5, 2020
- 800 million views: November 5, 2020