|“||Yup, I can tell you this is 100% authentic.||”|
Vincent "Vinny" (born: May 12, 1985YouTuber and gaming streamer who is the founder of the Twitch gaming group Vinesauce, formed in 2010. He is the first streamers in the group where other members would later join Vinesauce. He's known for his gaming streams and his made up characters such as Sponge and Ralph Bluetawn.) is an Italian-American
The Vinesauce YouTube channel, launched on February 20, 2010, was first used by Vinny to publish small gameplay recordings and amateur videos. During this, he became a fan of live streams involving video games, which was only just developing at the time. When these streams began to collapse, Vinny decided to start streaming himself. This happened before the streaming website which all Vinesauce streamers use now, Twitch, was created, so streaming was a new concept.
In a Q&A, Vinny explained the origin of the name and of Vinesauce:
"It all started in a basement a number of years ago. A group of friends were gathered around a television playing one of the GameCube Mario Party games. The mini game in which vines grow out of the ground and into the sky appeared on screen. A random member of the committee was said to have uttered "Doesn't it look like those vines are growing out of an asshole?" Many jokes and laughs later, "Vinny" became "Vine." At least, that's how the rumor goes. Oh, and for the record, sauce is just a fun word.”
On May 11, 2011, Vinny launched the Vinesauce website and started his own stream. In this year, he began to recruit more streamers, and sometimes invited guests to stream with him. This was when Vinesauce began to become more of a group, as more streamers began to join Vinny.
Vinny was the first of all the Vinesauce streamers to begin streaming in 2010. Most of the streamers who joined later on were originally viewers.
List of Streamers
- MentalJen (umjammerjenny)
- Darren (Potato)
These streamers/channels are either unofficial/ex Vinesauce streamers, have streamed alongside another streamer before but is not a full-time streamer, was a guest streamer, or have some major association with one of the official streamers.
- FearGingers (no YouTube channel)
- LiveByFoma (KY)
Sexual Misconduct Controversy
On April 2, 2021, Twitter user, "VS_Experience" posted a document accusing Vinny of engaging in sexual acts with her and his fans. The document showcases several screenshots and audio of them chatting with each other. The screenshots take place in 2018, where "VS_Experience" sent nudes to Vinny where he told her to keep them a secret. There is also audio in which Vinny says that they had sex but Vinny didn't wear any protection and her potentially getting STDs. She was then allegedly ghosted without an apparent explanation as to why. One of Vinny's old friends, GeePM and his Twitch mod, Charon also accused Vinny of soliciting.
Vinny responded to the allegations a day later on a Twitch stream. On the stream, there was only a black background with audio from Vinny, sounding upset by the situation. He didn't give out too much information as he wanted privacy and time to think, though said that the allegations were fake. Vinny states that the document misrepresents him as a person. He then says he’s unsure what the accuser’s motivations are, other than to just to tarnish his career and reputation. Vinny continues saying he would be talking to a lawyer to take legal action against the Twitter user, saying how "[he] knows who [he] is, and that [he] knows [he] didn't do anything wrong". He then apologizes if he hurt anyone and demanded fans to not harass anyone online.
Vinny's fanbase was split on whether he's guilty or not since not too much evidence was given out. Though majority of Vinny's fanbase seems to be in support of him. Some YouTubers supported Vinny such as SpaceHamster and Penguinz0 while others condemned his behavior such as Red Bard and MandaloreGaming. Some fans found it strange that he seems out of character in the accuser's audio, as the audio quality in the recording is subpar and the audio was also allegedly spliced. They also find it strange that they aren't able to comment or give a like or dislike on the accuser's video. Members of Vinesauce haven't responded to the allegations as of now. Messages were also discovered on 4Chan accusing Vinny of pedophilia. But most of the messages are baseless, as well as simply fighting and bickering, as well as comparing him to Dan Avidan.
- Vinny is of Italian descent.
- Vinny's favorite food is pizza.
- The first game that Vinny streamed was Chrono Trigger.
- Vinny is part of a band called Red Vox, who he released his first album with in 2016.
- One of his fellow band members in Red Vox, Mike, occasionally stream some games with Vinny.
- Once, Vinny received two red dildos in the mail from one of his stream moderators, Gearomatic. He joked about raffling them in a Minecraft stream.
- Later, Vinny used the same two dildos in a plug-and-play stream, where he used them to perform actions in the game.
- Also, in a Super Mario Maker stream, he told a story that one of the members of his band used two red dildos to drum, stating that they made a very interesting sound against the drums and showing two videos of it on stream.
- Vinny used to have a job at a television station as editing, which he quit in early 2014.
- After quitting, Vinny set up a Patreon to help his financial situation, but then he felt bad since he did not need it, so he cancelled it after his first payment. He then donated the money to charity in the first charity stream.