|“||I've been a dirty crime boi for quite a while now.||”|
|“||Streamer in the streets and big whale in the sheets||”|
Will Gold (born: September 14, 1996 ), better known online as Wilbur Soot, is an English YouTuber best known for being the frontman and editor of the group YouTube channel SootHouse and has also edited for fellow Youtuber JackSucksAtLife before. He is a rising solo YouTuber and Twitch streamer, as well as a musician. He has released an album on Spotify and has made a few viral parody songs such as "Karen, please come back I miss the kids" and "The 'Nice Guy' Ballad". He was recently stuck in quarantine in Germany, but was able to leave. Currently, he mainly does livestreams on Twitch and then posts edited highlights onto YouTube.
Wilbur was born in London on September 14, 1996, but he grew up in Brighton. He attended Sussex Downs College in Lewes and is now doing a degree in film editing in London.
He owned a channel called "Minecraft and Donuts" with a girl named Sophie. He made Minecraft videos on player-made maps with her. The first video "Doll test minecraft part 1" was posted on May 22, 2011. They uploaded consistently until "Will and Sophie play: The Works | Part 2", where Sophie had to go to hospital to have an operation. So they stopped uploading for 2 years. Wilbur said in "I'M BACK! +An Apology" that she was fine but would not appear in videos anymore. However, he never uploaded on the channel again.
Another channel of his was named "ALittleBritOfWill" where he posted short films, music and vlogs.
He was involved in the first SootHouse video titled "Bulgarian Real Estate" which showed him and Soot George mocking websites selling cheap houses in Eastern Europe. It was posted in April 2017. He also appeared in many other SootHouse videos and is known as the leader. Despite the first SootHouse video being posted in 2017, Wilbur was active on YouTube beforehand, having posted several now-deleted videos.
Wilbur was the one who came up with the name "Soot", with its origin coming from a Tamagotchi forum.
The Editor Wilbur ARG
From December 16, 2018 to February 23, 2019, there was an active ARG (Alternate Reality Game) made by Wilbur on the JackSucksAtLife channel. It has since ended but remains unsolved.
The ARG starts with Wilbur emailing Jack in a humorous way, demanding to be his editor. The link to the video is here. Jack decides to let Wilbur edit a video, causing Wilbur a panic as he was away from the computer when Jack finally responded. 48 hours later, Jack received the video, and it went up. Notably, there was a scene at the end of Wilbur, talking to the audience and acting paranoid. Jack decided to let Wilbur edit another video, in which Wilbur snuck in a secret link, beginning the ARG.
SMP Earth is a server set up by Wilbur, JoshA20, chippledipple and a few others. It is a 1:3000 scale map of the Earth with 75+ creators. In the server, people can own countries and claim land for that country. Creators role play with other creators and forge alliances or make enemies.
The server was not Wilbur's idea but was already in development, However, the team had decided to abandon the project, thinking nobody would want to play on the server. Wilbur, having heard this, decided to step in and offered to lead the project himself, seeing the potential in the idea.
The server is now up and running, and has a wiki documenting the events that have taken place so far. Wilbur is the founder and leader of the SMP Earth faction known as Newfoundland. He has created a railway system connecting his land to other sections of the map, and refers to himself as a "social butterfly".
Skyblock Randomizer is a type of series popularised by Wilbur Soot. There have been 2 seasons of Skyblock Randomizer.
Wilbur spawns into the vast void of nothingness explaining the data pack and the premise of the series. Diamond boots were the first item Wilbur received from the sky gods. The first block that is placeable which Wilbur received was a birch gate. Many of Wilburs pets died in a matter of minutes.
In Season 2, Wilbur collaborates with Pyrocynical - who is less experienced at Minecraft. They each started on separate islands, built to each other and attempted to make a lovely house. There are a few minor new features like command blocks that doubles items. Just like in the first season, many of the pets died instantly, including "Tax Evasion" and "Mario".
The Rajjchalor and Nihachu
The Rajjchelor is a dating game show hosted by Rajj Patel on Twitch. In the Rajjchelor, an influencer comes on the show and eliminates people based on their tastes for a woman. Then, Patel reveals if they picked host (which means that the woman didn’t have an interest in the influencer) or love (which means that the woman had an interest in the influencer). Many big influencers have appeared on this "game show" such as Jschlatt, Quackity and most notably, Wilbur.
When Soot appeared on the Rajjchelor, he eliminated everyone from the show except for Niki. Patel then reveals that Niki picked love for Soot. After the Rajjchelor, fans of both Soot and Niki shipped them together as a couple, even claiming that their relationship rivalled Carson and Kate's, which was seen as legitimate at the time. Soot and Niki have appeared on each other's streams and have played Stardew Valley together. Soot also visited Niki and appeared on her stream during his trip to Germany.
Note: The following dates are according to
- 500,000 subscribers: September 21, 2019
- 1 million subscribers: April 8, 2020
Minecraft Championship is a Minecraft Tournament for YouTubers and Streamers run by the Noxcrew, in which 10 teams of four compete in a series of 8 minigames decided by the participants. A point multiplier makes each game worth more as each round passes, incentivizing teams to vote for games they might be bad at early on in the event. At the end, the two teams with the most points face off in a round of ‘Dodgebolt’ to decide the winner of the tournament. This makes it possible for a team to win despite potentially having less points than the runner-up.
- MC Championships 1: Team Yellow Chickens. Teamed with Ryguyrocky, JackSucksAtLife, and Ph1LzA. Placed 23rd individual and his team placed 7th overall.
- MC Championships 2: Team Red Rabbits. Teamed with Technoblade, Dangthatsalongname, and Strawburry17. Placed 13th individual and his team placed 4th overall.
- MC Championships 3: Team Cyan Creepers. Teamed with Technoblade, RTGame, and ToxxxicSupport. Placed 18th individual and his team placed 5th overall.
- MC Championships 4: Team Purple Pandas. Teamed with Technoblade, Ph1LzA, and TommyInnit. Placed 17th individual and his team placed 1st overall.
- Their team ended up winning, having gained almost a 3,000 point lead over second-place and beating the Green Guardians in the final round of Dodgebolt, despite Wilbur accidentally killing himself in Skyblockle and muting Tommy partway through Parkour Warrior. Individually, Wilbur scored 2129 points overall, putting him in 17th place out of 40. For winning, Wilbur and his teammates received an MCC coin engraved with the event’s logo.
- MC Championships 5: Team Lime Llamas. Teamed with Technoblade, Ph1LzA, and VoiceoverPete. Placed 19th individual and his team placed 5th overall.
- MC Championships 6: Team Pink Piglets. Teamed with Technoblade, Ph1LzA, and SeaPeeKay. Placed 23rd individual and his team placed 4th overall. (This week's team was named in honor of Technoblade.)
- MC Championships 7: Team Orange Ocelots. Teamed with Technoblade, Ph1LzA, and SeaPeeKay. Placed 20th individual and his team placed 2nd overall.
- MC Championships 8: Team Red Rabbits. Teamed with Ph1LzA, Dangthatsalongname, and TommyInnit.
- He is part of Sleepyboisinc along with Technoblade and Ph1LzA.
- Wilbur has a personal YouTube channel in which many types of videos can be found. These videos predominantly consist of edited highlights from his Twitch channel.
- He is also a musician, a talent he showcases on his Instagram and his second channel, Wilbur Music.
- He has often described himself as JackSucksAtLife's number 1 fan. He has been an avid viewer of Jack's multiple channels, since Minecraft Harmony Hollow season 3, which launched in 2017.
- Wilbur is currently learning to speak Dutch, as he likes the Netherlands.
- He is a geography nerd, and is nicknamed the "Flag Man".
- He is a "Schlatt-Stan".
- He is a self-described "social butterfly".
- He had a pet fish called "Milo" who died, a few seconds later he got a bucket of cod fish the cod fish was named "New Milo" in homage to "Milo"
- Wilbur can not say the name "Newfoundland" correctly.
- His sidekick is a clock who lights up whenever he screams.
- He has a friend named Niki (Nihachu) who he met on an episode of the Rajjchalor. Niki was the subsequent winner of the Rajjchalor as she was chosen by Wilbur.
- Wilbur has asthma because of the London pollution, he said this on the Genius lyrics page for "Jubilee Line".
- During his COVID-19 quarantine in an Airbnb in Berlin, Wilbur posted a video titled "I'm in quarantine in Germany" where the clock was replaced by a sign which read "Home Sweet Home" which he mistakenly read as "Home Home" and subsequently named it so.
- Since that video "Home Home" and "Clock" have had a harrowing feud that has left their relationships with Wilbur in tatters.
- Wilbur likes Kahoot!.
- He laughs way more than he would like to admit on his series of "You Laugh You Lose" challenge videos and streams.
- Wilbur knows how to swear in Swedish and does not censor it.
- Wilbur moved from London to Brighton on June 8th, 2020.
- His album, Your City Gave Me Asthma, recently came out on Spotify.
- Whenever he is in possession of a german keyboard, he turns into a mad man. "ßßßßßßßßßßßßßß"
- He is 6'5.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://clips.twitch.tv/FastEphemeralRaisinBloodTrail
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCdxKgJFX9Q
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBKfKegC1Zo
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7rael37cgM&t=930s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ruqIFghQs
- ↑ https://genius.com/Wilbur-soot-jubilee-line-lyrics Genius
- ↑ https://twitter.com/wilbursoot/status/1155924117973020672
This page was created on October 21, 2019 by Cluckster.